Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Once again everything reeks of ABK probably getting nervous on renegotiating.

My guess is MS wants the injunction to fail and that gives the ABK shareholders some confidence to renegotiate, and also ammo to fight against the CMA. Could be a huge backfire if the injunction is granted.
It is a Hail Mary play. They see the writing on the wall and this blowing up like it is most likely to will allow them to give Activision their break-up fee and just put this behind them, while trying to spin it as regulators being bullies.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
People trying to spin the FTC filing an injunction against MS as good thing for MS, i think, are mistaken. I think the FTC knows the deal is officially dead since the CAT judge pushed the CMA hearing back to August and is now just doing their due diligence on their part. Theyre hammering the nails in the coffin so to speak. I could be wrong but just my guess.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Imagine MS trying to close the deal without 2 of the Big 3 regulatory approvals the day after their (IMO) pretty decent Xbox Showcase.

They don't need ABK to "compete". They never did. Them trying to close the deal outside of the process is just the smell of arrogance on their part, petulance over being denied something they thought money alone would get them.

gokuss4

Veteran
28 Jan 2023
They're so desperate to close this deal cuz they know if activision deal gets blocked It means bye bye for any third party publishers acquisitions forever

Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Reports from my rectum
At best this spin from his "sources" to make MS look good. I wouldnt be surprised if this is the FTC sensing blood in the water now that they know for sure that CMA court date has been pushed back to August and doing their due dilenence just in case or to just go through the motions. MS may be caught off guard here, we dont know. Somehow at restera though FTC suing to block in Decmember and the CMA blocking the deal is all according to plan.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I could be wrong but from what ive gathered from the era thread the Court date is pushed back to August so evidence can be compiled about impact on the markets. I think the CMA originally wanted August anyways. Either way,no tricks were pulled out of a hat to move the hearing before July 18th. Thats my understanding. I feel like if the CAT hearing went better for MS the xbox guys would be gloating about that but as of right now i dont think much is actually known.

If this is the case, deal is gone. I doubt ABK shareholders will accept a further extension.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Apparently the will close the deal either TODAY or this week

Where are these "reports" coming from? Is this just him speculating based on the FTC news and the CAT hearing that supposedly had its court date pushed back?

It's also funny how MS keeps claiming that they're having productive conversations with regulators while also supposedly looking to step over them entirely.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
That green rat knows nothing. I don't know why people put his tweets here.

CMA blocked and they doubled down on it.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
I could be wrong but from what ive gathered from the era thread the Court date is pushed back to August so evidence can be compiled about impact on the markets. I think the CMA originally wanted August anyways. Either way,no tricks were pulled out of a hat to move the hearing before July 18th. Thats my understanding. I feel like if the CAT hearing went better for MS the xbox guys would be gloating about that but as of right now i dont think much is actually known.

Wasn't it originally July 16th or something? It was pushed to August? Good.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
So let me get this straight, MS is going to ignore the UK. Blizzard is banned in China. So within a year ABK is banned in two of the worlds top 5 regions for gaming.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
MS about to suicide a whole company to get their way.
Why have regulators if you can just ignore them? What country is going to put up with a company ignoring their regulators?
All this does is prove that big companies need to be busted up asap.

Last edited: