Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Also, what is it with MS / Xbox dudes and the whole America vs Japan thing?

Microsoft is a shitty, deplorable company.

The project was codenamed "Midway," in reference to the Battle of Midway during World War II in which Japan was decisively defeated by American forces,

The project was codenamed the Manhattan Project, like the World War II project of the same name, and the idea was to displace the Japanese-developed video game consoles with personal computers running Microsoft's operating system.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

That kinda explains the racist shit I saw from Xbox fanboys last gen, also some of the things I've seen on Xboxera.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

Damn, there is always a new reason to hate MS what a bunch of douchebags.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Apparently, the FTC can appeal the decision if the injunction is not granted. I wonder if they could get another TRO in that case.

View attachment 1629
Interesting. So the FTC can appeal or drop the case if they fail to get an injunction, leaving only the CMA. They dropped it in the Facebook case so let's hope they appeal to stall the merger a few more weeks.

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
Interesting. So the FTC can appeal or drop the case if they fail to get an injunction, leaving only the CMA. They dropped it in the Facebook case so let's hope they appeal to stall the merger a few more weeks.

If that's the case, why Is MS so confident that if they win the PI, then its over? It's almost like their 100 percent sure they won't appeal....

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
If that's the case, why Is MS so confident that if they win the PI, then its over? It's almost like their 100 percent sure they won't appeal....
Because the injunction would make it impossible to close before the CMA appeal, and if they can’t at least appeal the CMA ruling, they can’t renegotiate the merger agreement.

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
Because the injunction would make it impossible to close before the CMA appeal, and if they can’t at least appeal the CMA ruling, they can’t renegotiate the merger agreement.
That's not what im asking. Why is MS so confident that the FTC won't appeal, if the FTC loses their pi? Because the FTC can appeal if they lose right? Won't that hold them up or can MS still close regardless of the appeal since they won against the pi? Or do they simple just believe the FTC will let it go? Because thats what the FTC normally does after it loses their PI. If thats the case, I think thats dangerous for MS.