Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Below is a breakdown of what happens in a case like this. IMO FTC may have to abandon the high-performance console market definition and focus on the cloud like the CMA did in order to have a better chance. Also seems like MS may also have to argue that not having ABK would hurt them so badly that it would damage the market more than it would help. Bit annoying that MS get all of these chances to force things in their favor though.

Anton 1.PNG
Anton 2.PNG
Anton 3.PNG

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Below is a breakdown of what happens in a case like this. IMO FTC may have to abandon the high-performance console market definition and focus on the cloud like the CMA did in order to have a better chance. Also seems like MS may also have to argue that not having ABK would hurt them so badly that it would damage the market more than it would help. Bit annoying that MS get all of these chances to force things in their favor though.

View attachment 1621
View attachment 1622
View attachment 1623
When is Florian doxxing him?

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I definitely dont like the idea of a judge actually defining the market. The high end console market definition is ridiculous regardless of how this shakes out,

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
I shouldn't have clicked on the read replies button. I didn't realize people are that ridiculous about this. The CMAs post is even worse in tge replies.
On a side note I didn't realize Roombas make billions in the first couple weeks they release a new robot and are loaded with Microtransactions for profit. /S

The CMA replied to those tweets?

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
The CMA replied to those tweets?
They didn't reply but the comment section is mostly spamming clown emojis on their post as well as people criticizing them on their decision accepting the Irobot merger but rejecting the MS/ABK merger. It's looks like a zoo. I apologize after rereading my post I definitely didn't make that easy to follow.

Reactions: On Demand

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Like some others have speculated, the truth of the situation is that ABK are likely ready to pull out of the deal, and these current moves by Microsoft are to act as a show of strength to sell ABK on the idea that Microsoft themselves are still willing to fight for the deal.

Microsoft wants this deal a hell of a lot more than ABK does, at this point, and there's a very good chance ABK still pull out officially once the time comes. But as some others have speculated, this could all be an act so that MS can avoid paying the $3 billion breakup fee if the deal in fact falls apart.
They have to pay the $3 billion no matter what if the merger doesn’t go through.

The reason for the deal falling apart has no bearing on that.

gokuss4

Veteran
28 Jan 2023
They didn't reply but the comment section is mostly spamming clown emojis on their post as well as people criticizing them on their decision accepting the Irobot merger but rejecting the MS/ABK merger. It's looks like a zoo. I apologize after rereading my post I definitely didn't make that easy to follow.
Most of these are bot accounts
Believe me it just 5 people or maybe less managing 1000 accounts lol 😆

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Hey, @Nhomnhom, instead of spamming the laugh like a twit, try posting something with some thought behind it instead of your usual doom troll shit.
You are so defensive about this stuff, I'm laughing at MS, but if it bothers you even better.

I don't care either way at this point, I just find it hilarious if doesn't go trough and MS has to pay $3B to Activision.

I mostly overcame my dooming ways as of recently (since regardless of how wrong I find the direction Sony is going, it's still my best bet and FFXVI demo gave me hope). I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Sony showcase was shit and I don't like the GaaS focus at all, sue me, I bet I hate MS more than you. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Peace Pax GIF

or ELSE i unban Elder legend,

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I definitely dont like the idea of a judge actually defining the market. The high end console market definition is ridiculous regardless of how this shakes out,
I feel like the FTC would have a much easier time arguing that the cloud is a separate market. There's at least a precedent for it being accepted as such in other countries.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
This pussy has hidden the replies that call him out :ROFLMAO:

If analysts feel like there's money to be made in the stock market, guess what? That market's speculative value is going waaaaay up.

I'm sure there's a range of estimates, as there is with cloud gaming.

Reactions: Fenton

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Maybe people like Tom Warren are conflating the Amazon buyout of iRobot with the MS/Activision buyout because they think regulation should be the same if it involves things that suck?

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke