Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I swear they are the most pathetic community among all others. They are worse than PS and Nintendo fanboys combined. I know it’s only empty barking but still they only live for Sony getting screwed. It’s also disappointing that Nick behaves like a mentally ill console warrant.

But too bad you dumb fools.
Microsoft can do shit in Japan.

Disgusting these people just want ms to own the industry.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
EDIT: I'm yet to see one of these people explain to me, in detail, how any of this is Sony's fault. I've asked, they can't answer.
And no, "Sony money hatts games" isn't a valid excuse, as MS popularized that and is still doing it to this day. Any takers among the shills that roam these forums?

So Sony makes a great product, it sells. MS stops releasing games, they don't sell.

Braindead troglodyte: "I no longer respect Sony.". Yeah, fuck a gaming company that delivers.

I like how all the astroturfers are now using it as an excuse so they can go full shill and don't have to pretend to be neutral anymore. Have some fucking self respect.

Also, why isn't MS signing these 3rd party deals? Every single 3rd party console exclusive Sony has, MS could have easily gotten by throwing in more money. But they stopped caring about their brand, ran it into the ground and now publishers ask for much more money and MS refuses to pay.

In come their shills to blame it on Sony. Seriously, is common sense in short supply these days? Again, have some self respect.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Disgusting these people just want ms to own the industry.
They want MS to own everything, not even just the game industry. The shameful thing is that a company is allowed to do this sort of deceptive marketing and disinformation campaign without facing any consequences.

So Sony makes a great product, it sells. MS stops releasing games, they don't sell.

Braindead troglodyte: "I no longer respect Sony.". Yeah, fuck a gaming company that delivers.

I like how all the astroturfers are now using it as an excuse so they can go full shill and don't have to pretend to be neutral anymore. Have some fucking self respect.
Just think of all the great games that wouldn't exist if Xbox had not existed in the last 25 years. Once you find one let me know.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
MS doing bad business decisions for 20+ years is somehow Sony’s fault.
Now they are doubling down on their biggest mistake ever (Phil Spencer) and somehow expect things to go their way this time. Nintendo, Sony, Valve or anyone else will still run circles around MS even if they end up buying ABK.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022

The past few days have really shown me just how vast and powerful Microsoft's astroturfing campaign actually is. Where are all these checkmarks that normally provided no input into matters like these, suddenly coming from? Why are some suddenly coming from the POV that Phil Spencer is automatically correct? Do they all somehow lack critical thinking skills and an understanding of actual gaming history?

What I'm also saying is...this is how companies like Microsoft try to control the narrative. Getting these gaming personalities, journalists, influencers etc. with at least some type of platform, and getting A LOT of them, to espouse company talking points in one form or another. And those company talking points when it comes to gaming, are usually always aimed at generating FUD and hostility towards whom Microsoft clearly views as their chief direct competitor, Sony. And more than that, Microsoft as a corporation is big enough to do this, while obfuscating their involvement in these very same actions.

It's very tacky and disgusting of a company for whom my level of respect has dropped like a stone in the span of only 18 months, which is...ironic in a sense.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I swear they are the most pathetic community among all others. They are worse than PS and Nintendo fanboys combined. I know it’s only empty barking but still they only live for Sony getting screwed. It’s also disappointing that Nick behaves like a mentally ill console warrant.

But too bad you dumb fools.
Microsoft can do shit in Japan.

It was always about destroying PlayStation for these assholes.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
People have been holding grudges especially the US media since 2013. When they all collectively decided the Xbox One was gonna win that generation and Playstation would be wiped out by the end of that generation. I remember the narrative before either machines were announced. That infamous GAF thread, I remember reading was a gold mine.

These guys aren't gamers,l an industry without playstation would crumble. I don't think they realize just exactly what they are cheering on, wanting the one company who doesnt care about Gaming to own the industry....

If I didn't love gaming, so much, I'd actually want to see it all play out. Nintendo deserves an industry with Microsoft alone running, because they let their hatred for Playstation allow them to go against their fellow gamers.. without realizing they're next if Xbox succeeds.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
People have been holding grudges especially the US media since 2013. When they all collectively decided the Xbox One was gonna win that generation and Playstation would be wiped out by the end of that generation. I remember the narrative before either machines were announced. That infamous GAF thread, I remember reading was a gold mine.

These guys aren't gamers,l an industry without playstation would crumble. I don't think they realize just exactly what they are cheering on, wanting the one company who doesnt care about Gaming to own the industry....

If I didn't love gaming, so much, I'd actually want to see it all play out. Nintendo deserves an industry with Microsoft alone running, because they let their hatred for Playstation allow them to go against their fellow gamers.. without realizing they're next if Xbox succeeds.
Americans think they deserve to be number one on everything, guess what? They don’t.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
People in the PS OT on era are saying how they've never seen the console war this vicious before and I would tend to agree. I've never seen this many people get involved and I've never seen this many industry people hope for the devastation of PlayStation before.
This is the result of weaponizing a fanbase. Funny thing, though. Era hated when Epic did the same against apple.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS and Nitro

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
People in the PS OT on era are saying how they've never seen the console war this vicious before and I would tend to agree. I've never seen this many people get involved and I've never seen this many industry people hope for the devastation of PlayStation before.
Playstation has been on top for 4 outalta 5 generations and people like to see the winner get humbled. Then you have the Xbox cult who feels they deserve to win because why not? They should be mad at Microsoft... They've had all this money for decades there's no reason their ecosystem should be as shit as it is... Instead they are mad at Playstation for catering to their consumers / fans.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I’m an American, and I prefer PlayStation by far. Always did.
Exactly. I am European myself and I still would never say: “Oh my home country is bringing its own console. Time to support them and scrap my PlayStation and Nintendo consoles” Patriotism is so dumb in 2023. Hell no matter which country I am originated from, I will always stick to Japanese gaming companies. They are the goats by developing consoles.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
People in the PS OT on era are saying how they've never seen the console war become this vicious before and I would tend to agree. I've never seen this many people get involved and I've never seen this many industry people hope for the devastation of PlayStation before.

Because availability of social media. Everyone has a phone

Nitro

10 Apr 2023
North Pole
People in the PS OT on era are saying how they've never seen the console war become this vicious before and I would tend to agree. I've never seen this many people get involved and I've never seen this many industry people hope for the devastation of PlayStation before.

Phil Spencer touched on this when asked if Xbox had lost the console war. He replied by making a distinction between business and the social construct of console wars, before adding "I would never want to count our community out." [paraphrasing]

He knows better than anyone how POWERFUL his army of media shills, social media influencers, and assorted evangelists truly are.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Phil Spencer touched on this when asked if Xbox had lost the console war. He replied by making a distinction between business and the social construct of console wars, before adding "I would never want to count our community out." [paraphrasing]

He knows better than anyone how POWERFUL his army of media shills, social media influencers, and assorted evangelists truly are.

Are they powerful, though? Sure, they make a lot of noise on the internet but what's the real world impact? PS is still the market leader by a wide margin and regulators like the CMA are still blocking MS' latest attempt to dominate the industry. I get that vilifying Sony is part of their 'embrace, extend, extinguish' strategy but it's not working here. PS is doing great and XBox is faltering badly.