Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

25 Jun 2023
hi people,

does anyone have a summary or link of what has been said during the hearings...i think there was something said about plans or email conversations with the intend to make minecraft exclusive and the same about Call Of Duty, correct me if im wrong

im also looking for an article, but i cant find it...it was about Phil Spencer and he basically explained that the next Elder Scrolls (i think it was about elder scrolls) would not come to playstation or nintendo because he doesnt considered it a "top tier/high end game"....something among those lines, maybe someone can help me out

Reactions: Bryank75

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
hi people,

does anyone have a summary or link of what has been said during the hearings...i think there was something said about plans or email conversations with the intend to make minecraft exclusive and the same about Call Of Duty, correct me if im wrong

im also looking for an article, but i cant find it...it was about Phil Spencer and he basically explained that the next Elder Scrolls (i think it was about elder scrolls) would not come to playstation or nintendo because he doesnt considered it a "top tier/high end game"....something among those lines, maybe someone can help me out

I recall everything you're mentioning but don't have bookmarks for them myself. And the way Google search works you can't sort search results by date, and they always push the most recent stuff (they don't even do pages anymore).

Can if I can find them at some point, tho.

I couldn't agree more. It's insidious. There's a poster on Gaf who has brought up this practice of MS' on several occasions:

His information has been vetted by mods in the past but, even without that, I believe him. We can see the proof before our very eyes - extremely biased media, the same scripted talking points repeated ad nauseam across multiple sites, etc. It's kind of sad to see how much corporations have sunk their claws into what should be platforms for people to freely share and discuss opinions.

I put a large part of this blame on the corporate co-opting of Occupy Wall Street, of which I'm sure Microsoft was one of many corporations to show their "support".

Last edited:
Reactions: laynelane

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I recall everything you're mentioning but don't have bookmarks for them myself. And the way Google search works you can't sort search results by date, and they always push the most recent stuff (they don't even do pages anymore).

Can if I can find them at some point, tho.

I put a large part of this blame on the corporate co-opting of Occupy Wall Street, of which I'm sure Microsoft was one of many corporations to show their "support".
Does Sony not send free products to it’s fans?

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Does Sony not send free products to it’s fans?
Actually now that you mention it they don't I remember when the Xbox Series X and Ps5 launched I watched several youtubers that were playing Assassins Creed Valhalla that were sponsored and were given free Series X's to play it on their channels that stated they got the consoles for free. I don't recall anyone saying they received free Ps5's to play.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Actually now that you mention it they don't I remember when the Xbox Series X and Ps5 launched I watched several youtubers that were playing Assassins Creed Valhalla that were sponsored and were given free Series X's to play it on their channels that stated they got the consoles for free. I don't recall anyone saying they received free Ps5's to play.
I remember some websites being very angry that they didn't get free stuff.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
No, unlike MS they completely avoid anyone who might be biased. You can have a million subs or followers but if you only talk about PS then you will get ignored.

A lot of the praise PS5 received on socials was built on the foundation of its early impressions. We’d be silly to not make the connection between being on brand PlayStation’s good list and the overwhelmingly positive reception the PS5 would go on to receive.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023

A lot of the praise PS5 received on socials was built on the foundation of its early impressions. We’d be silly to not make the connection between being on brand PlayStation’s good list and the overwhelmingly positive reception the PS5 would go on to receive.
None of them are biased fanboys. Nick Pino reviews TVs...he used to write for Xbox and PC centric magazines. Greg Miller plays and talks about Xbox games often

Last edited:

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
If you receive a free PS5 from Sony directly your impression will lean towards positive. Same as when Microsoft does it. The point made in that neogaf post is bunk.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
He doesn't give a shit about neither corpos, maybe he is more favourable to Playstation because less shenanigans and more great games from them.
Maybe he is more favorable to PlayStation because PlayStation doesn't suck.

Why shouldn't the PS5 be praised? What was it lacking? It completely stomped the Series in pretty much every way that matters and coverage of the PS5 was extremely negative until it actually released (we had unprecedented FUD leading to it's release).

PS5 has: far superior Gamepad, better value, better games, VR support, it's the follow up to a much better line of consoles and it even has better services now (that is also cheaper).

Last edited:

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
If you receive a free PS5 from Sony directly your impression will lean towards positive. Same as when Microsoft does it. The point made in that neogaf post is bunk.
Not neogaf, I just responded to your question about Sony giving free stuff to its fans...... then you started talking about console reviews by the media.

The point is Sony doesn't reward PS fans or fanboys with free products. Microsoft does to Xbox fans and fanboys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arminius and Nitro

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Not neogaf, I just responded to your question about Sony giving free stuff to its fans...... then you started talking about console reviews by the media.

The point is Sony doesn't reward PS fans or fanboys with free products. Microsoft does to Xbox fans and fanboys.
Yeah even big ps channels like mystic don't get any free stuff.

I kind of understand why they would do that, people who follow ps channels will get ps products anyway. So they target more neutral channels like uraverageconsumer to target a more wider audience.

Having said that i still think it's crap how they don't support ps focused channels more. There aren't many ps focused channels anyway, what would it have hurt to send mystic a psvr 2 a bit earlier?

What's crazy is playstation access which is UK based channel but make content for global ps audience, mentioned in a live stream right after the ps5 launched how they only had 1 ps5 and they were sharing it to make content. I'm like wtf Sony? This is one of your own channels, send them 1 or 2 extra for fucks sake.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Danja