Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
I don't think the PS side shills. Blessing recently did the video against Sony's multiplayer strategy, which did not give Sony's games the benefit of the doubt at all. They talk (imo correctly) about Insomniac as a great studio who hasn't yet broken into the GOAT-tier of other elite PS teams. It seems like they have a following around PS fandom, but not enough access to PS sources to shill. I don't think there's ever been an interview with a PS exec anywhere near that Phil Spencer one.
I don't think they shills for ps specifically but more any 3rd party who will give them attention

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Not sure if it will ultimately matter, but the FTC aren't arguing that the judge block the deal, they're arguing that they should be given more time to investigate this deal. MS are presenting this as any delay is effectively blocking the deal.

Probably the best approach for the FTC.

By the sounds of Bobby's testimony, it might well end the deal but that's not the judges concern.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Not sure if it will ultimately matter, but the FTC aren't arguing that the judge block the deal, they're arguing that they should be given more time to investigate this deal. MS are presenting this as any delay is effectively blocking the deal.
Isn't this Microsoft's problem though? :p

They set the terms, so it's their fault if those terms make the deal fail if there was some kind of legal action taken against them. They set the stupid deadline lol.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Are you fucking kidding me? MS wants to drag down the whole video game industry with their dull middle-manager-riddled culture of mediocrity. And some “gamers” are ok with this?
Yes? Platform of choice. Nothing can be done about it. Tribalism is what it's. If you understand this, you also understand that you should never give even an inch, and thus push on with your agenda. They have theirs. No reconciliation for diametrically opposed camps except capitulation of one to the other in some form or fashion. "Reason" is a front for fools, used a cudgel to get an agenda across - it never factors in as a deciding factor. Only who wins and who loses. Victor writes the book.

Last edited:

Arminius

19 May 2023
So, will the the deal still be dead when it reaches the CMA? Or does the CAT have the ultimate say and decision making power?