View attachment 1757

canada blame GIF

• haha
Reactions: Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Xbox enthusiasts were looking forward to these proceedings thinking Sony's dark secrets were going to be exposed to the world. How disappointment they must be that it's Microsoft who have come of this with their reputation in tatters.

I don't think facts, critical thinking, or reason have any effect on them. They will continue to believe only what Phil tells them, no matter how far from reality that is.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Xbox enthusiasts were looking forward to these proceedings thinking Sony's dark secrets were going to be exposed to the world. How disappointment they must be that it's Microsoft who have come of this with their reputation in tatters.
you have to have a reputation to tatter first.. :D

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
SEGA's IP's are not that valued to begin with hence why the subscription deals are attractive. Specially for old worn down content. If SEGA had a COD or Battlefield level IP inhouse then it wouldn't be as welcoming to "devalue" their IPs. Even with Persona, we are still talking old ass ports or for Yakuza, recouping dev costs on a non-selling platform and hedging on a potential dud on the selling platform (absolutely a no-brainer for a mid-at-best IP). It's not so much devauling something that has very little value to begin with compared to the rest out there.

If you look at the many pubs there are, Sony's money is better placed going elsewhere, and naturally that has been the decision made - with Capcom IPs for example. Square is Sony's favorite Japanese bum that Sony likes to prop, with Konami on occasion as well. That leaves SEGA out with their geriatric mismanaged IPs, and mid IPs. Naturally SEGA will feel like they're being left to the way side, and of course that's what happening so they'll welcome a desperate MS, and MS welcomes a desperate SEGA in a tight embrace of old mid at best content on one side, and survival revenue stream on the other. I see nothing wrong in that equation. Only thing I harp about is that if you're going to do an exclusivity deal or marketing deal, your clause better be 100% tight shut. MS doing that is competence. Sony not doing that is stupidity (unless you're getting the deal for peanuts aka a massive discount).
My guy, Yakuza and Persona/Atlus titles in general are HUGE with the core PS audience. They may not appeal to casuals, but there's a MASSIVE fanbase for those games on the platform. Not to mention Sonic's massive following.

Phil locking those IP down to Xbox almost guarantees a chunk of people being willing to BUY an Xbox if not outright switch. Sony would also have a vested interest in keeping those IP.

The only saving grace is SAMMY corp will NOT part with their gaming division lightly, or for a price either company would deem as worth it. Likely part of why Microsoft's potential acquisition strategy included the "complexities" of them being a publicly traded company.

Watch to see if they start courting their shareholders or looking to buy stock is all I'm saying.

Reactions: kuzon and swsnana

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Actually, it looks like closing arguments are public. Looks like judge will allow opposing side to argue with other side's closing statements. Couple hours break.