Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
This guy has some pretty good analysis of the case if you're willing to go through his long thread.

Thanks for that. Had a read of the play by play testimony from the tweaktown guy and that's the same conclusion I reached. Microsoft modelled ways to recover revenues lost on Sony from full exclusivity, and they sound very attainable, so the oft-repeated claim that they would never make COD exclusive was proven definitively to be total bullshit, especially considering they did the same for Bethesda (presented an MP strategy to the board to get approval for the purchase and then modelled and rediverted to exclusivity).

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
D

Deleted member 223

Big money on the line. The shills are the bottom feeders whose feed also happens to be the most critical for their well being - hence the desperate reaction.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
I don't think I've seen him fanboy this hard since the 360 days.
Funny thing is, I said in the middle of last gen when Xbox was taking their lumps that you could expect the same media guys who used to let their fanboy flag fly during the 360 era to do so again the moment it appears Xbox has an advantage. We kept seeing it peek out, but after all this? They're loud and proud again.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75