Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Just about what we all were expecting. However, the cma did leave MS with enough wiggle room to make it go thru, they gonna have to give up their nose and legs tho, maybe even an eyeball or 2.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
GamesIndustry.biz: "The CMA found that 24% of Call of Duty PlayStation gamers said they would leave Sony's console if Xbox made the franchise exclusive to its platforms. One of the key arguments from Xbox is that the deal would allow it to put Activision Blizzard games on Game Pass, offering consumers more choice on how to pay for its games. Yet the CMA feels that as this would harm PlayStation users and competition, the downsides outweigh the benefits."

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
MS will likely keep fighting.
ugh the drama continues!

Is the deal dead? No, but the hilarious delusions of microsoft lawyers and pr organs that the deal would sail through easily and unmolested is dead.
I always said it wasn’t going to be easy but people said I was wrong.

This is a strange world where a billion company invest so many resources into PR, lawyers and advertising and not into their own studios! And fans seem to be happy with it! Let’s not even discuss the layoffs…because that’s a red flag on how incompetent they are at management.

Phil now has the opportunity to save face by just taking the mobile King which according to him is the objective to fight the evil forces of Google and Apple Mobile duopoly. Unfortunately we all know that’s a lie and this will prove it.
Phill is only talk, no action! If I had a euro for every time he does a “phill says” on the media I would be a millionaire.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Lulu Cheng is desperate once again on Twitter. Always a fun read seeing her desperate because she will lose money if this falls through.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Lulu Cheng is desperate once again on Twitter. Always a fun read seeing her desperate because she will lose money if this falls through.
She must be seething right now.

She knows they can't behave the same way with the CMA like with the FTC cause army of lawyers won't help here. When CMA tells them to take a hike they will be taking that hike.

D

Deleted member 417

I've read posts on other forums saying that because Playstation makes a lot more money than Xbox, then Microsoft buying ABK to improve the revenue stream of Xbox is fair...

...They say that without mentioning the elephant in the room of Microsoft's "infinite war chest". (which is a meme xbots use to explain why xbox will always win because they can dip into Microsoft's war chest)

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I've read posts on other forums saying that because Playstation makes a lot more money than Xbox, then Microsoft buying ABK to improve the revenue stream of Xbox is fair...

...They say that without mentioning the elephant in the room of Microsoft's "infinite war chest". (which is a meme xbots use to explain why xbox will always win because they can dip into Microsoft's war chest)
MS as a whole can pump a lot of money into the Xbox division (hence the huge acquisition). Sony as a whole can't do that to the same degree, so it isn't a fair comparison.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I'm glad the CMA and the FTC are both blocking this illegal deal. MS needs to make their own games or get the fuck out of gaming.
Just went to read ERA and they’re trying to spin this as a positive outcome. They’re delusional af
Some posters on GAF are bad but ERA is on another level. Total Xbox and Phil sycophants, you get banned right away if you criticize this deal. The GP shills and xbots there are a scary cult.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I'm glad the CMA and the FTC are both blocking this illegal deal. MS needs to make their own games or get the fuck out of gaming.

Some posters on GAF are bad but ERA is on another level. Total Xbox and Phil sycophants, you get banned right away if you criticize this deal. The GP shills and xbots there are a scary cult.
I was permabanned for saying MS had monopolistic tendencies 🤷🏻‍♂️ it seems both the FTC and CMA agree with me

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
One thing I am still wondering about is the whole subpoena situation with the FTC. I'm wondering how much of a problem it will end up being for Sony and how much sensitive internal data will they be forced to provide.

Last edited: