Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
The more this deal drags on, i think this generation will in part, be defined by this deal and ultimately how irrelevant xbox is in the grand scheme of things. If sony can hit their hardware sales projections, its a ps2 generation type sweep, but xbox wont even have a Halo tier (must play game) for at least the first 3 years and thats giving starfield the benefit of the doubt.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
With what they said. I have seen people say a lot of dumb things but, this one is on another level.

A lot of them were so invested in seeing this acquisition go through that they legit are having some type of mini-mental-breakdown and are rationalizing and trying to come up with all sorts of alternate realities where this deal can somehow go through....

It's funny from a 'I don't know these people and they were horrible warriors anyway' perspective but if I was one of their parents or relatives I'd be kinda sad for them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
The more this deal drags on, i think this generation will in part, be defined by this deal and ultimately how irrelevant xbox is in the grand scheme of things. If sony can hit their hardware sales projections, its a ps2 generation type sweep, but xbox wont even have a Halo tier (must play game) for at least the first 3 years and thats giving starfield the benefit of the doubt.

As long as MS continue to put Gamepass, Cloud, etc. ahead of games, they will continue to lose market share, I think. They just seem really resistant to the concept of 'gamers want great games'. I suppose it doesn't jive with their attempts to remodel the industry into what they think it should be - one where they are in control. If they retain that attitude, I can see your prediction coming true. Starfield could give them some traction, but there is the issue that sales will suffer due to Gamepass and its exclusivity leaving out the two biggest console user bases.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
As long as MS continue to put Gamepass, Cloud, etc. ahead of games, they will continue to lose market share, I think. They just seem really resistant to the concept of 'gamers want great games'. I suppose it doesn't jive with their attempts to remodel the industry into what they think it should be - one where they are in control. If they retain that attitude, I can see your prediction coming true. Starfield could give them some traction, but there is the issue that sales will suffer due to Gamepass and its exclusivity leaving out the two biggest console user bases.
Starfield seems like it will be decent at least, but it's not a game for me personally. To me it just looks like a AAA-budget version of No Man's Sky, which I got bored of pretty quickly, but I could see it appealing to people. Dunno if it could beat the likes of Zelda, FFXVI, or Spiderman for GOTY though.

D

Deleted member 417

Sounds like wild accusations. Florians tweet says "Microsoft told ftc judge"

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Sounds like wild accusations. Florians tweet says "Microsoft told ftc judge"
Agreed, though I'm not seeing where it would be illegal if it is happening. Microsoft has been using various people to convince them to let the deal happen via media blitz and whatever else behind the scenes on the flip side of this.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
A lot of them were so invested in seeing this acquisition go through that they legit are having some type of mini-mental-breakdown and are rationalizing and trying to come up with all sorts of alternate realities where this deal can somehow go through....

It's funny from a 'I don't know these people and they were horrible warriors anyway' perspective but if I was one of their parents or relatives I'd be kinda sad for them.
I've seen folks using ChatGPT to generate rebuttals to the CMA and training it to argue why behavioral remedies are enough. 😆

• haha
Reactions: Shmunter

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Most people on ERA, from what I've been reading, are convinced the deal is dead. There are a few that still believes, though.