Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Im seeing a new cope from xbox fanatics that this third party talk is an elaborate scheme to trick regulators into allowing MS to acquire more publishers. I do think MS is a scummy enough company to do something like that. However the damage to the brand if this starts to settle into the hardcore gamers subconscious cant be understated though.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Im seeing a new cope from xbox fanatics that this third party talk is an elaborate scheme to trick regulators into allowing MS to acquire more publishers. I do think MS is a scummy enough company to do something like that. However the damage to the brand if this starts to settle into the hardcore gamers subconscious cant be understated though.
Yeah, again 4d chess move, right?

Right after all courts and phil, nadella and others testomonies and many leaked or shared documents.

Xbots are dumbest of the dumbest.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
10/10 mental gymnastics from them.

Reactions: Dabaus and Arminius

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
If they feel MS needs to "trick" regulators so they can go buy more publishers, and they support the idea, it's time for them to accept that THEY'RE anti-consumer and openly support the creation of a monopoly. Like, that really says a lot more about them than anyone or anything else.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
It's easy to noticed that MS stuff at all struggling with lack of quality a "little bit" (Redfall, Starfield, even Forza etc). It looks like they don't pay attention on them, and there's one thing that comes to my mind when I think about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but MS mentioned that some games comes from their first party developers, will be designed in Unreal Engine 5. For example, next Halo game may work on that engine, and even more project in the future, so they can optimise development process and cut cost of the production. Meanwhile, Epic takes royalties (probably 5%) after game's revenue across 1 milion $.

So what happened if some games based on unreal engine comes to GamePass and never across this sale-point? Customers have access to the subcripition (and games) until they pay, so it's kinda renting. But in reality, sales on Xbox dropping down all the time. Is it the way how MS would save the money? They do their best to cut the production costs, because literally every game must be in GamePass library, so they don't care about quality itself.
(Forgive me my english).
Ppl need to remember how bad the quality of Xbox games are every time they want to complain ps is releasing games to slowly. Crossfirex, redfall, forza motor sport were all doa because a complete lack of quality control. Releasing stuff like that furnishes the brand. I go for quality over quantity every time.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
So what happened if some games based on unreal engine comes to GamePass and never across this sale-point? Customers have access to the subcripition (and games) until they pay, so it's kinda renting. But in reality, sales on Xbox dropping down all the time. Is it the way how MS would save the money? They do their best to cut the production costs, because literally every game must be in GamePass library, so they don't care about quality itself.
(Forgive me my english).
This is a fair point for royalties, there must be something somewhere in the license.

But I take issue with the notion that they don't need to care about quality because it's a rental service. Outstanding games coming out on a regular basis is what keeps people coming in and what keeps them in.

Cutting on development quality in the wrong way can be much more expensive than just paying whatever it's worth to make the games (they also need to hire the talent and manage it in a way that brings these games out).

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Screenshot-20240303-145743-Chrome.jpg

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
-Toys for bob-Gone
-Cod 2025- No lead developer
-Blizzard game cancelled and mass staff- laid off
-Lead devs of COD- Laid off or fired
-Ubisoft owns streaming rights for 15 YEARS.

Am I missing anything else ? Sounds like the biggest waste of 70 billion dollars imaginable.
They will write it off! 🥳

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
-Toys for bob-Gone

Am I missing anything else ? Sounds like the biggest waste of 70 billion dollars imaginable.
It's actually looking almost as bad as Elon Musk buying xitter lmao

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
-Toys for bob-Gone

We should be actually happy. This is what led to Microsoft going by the next generation slowly in 3rd Party route. MS did miscalculate, they thought everyone from PS would jump ship. This is indeed a waste but also good for us PS fans.
This is the last publisher I see MS buying. Xbox is standing on his last legs.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
We should be actually happy. This is what led to Microsoft going by the next generation slowly in 3rd Party route. MS did miscalculate, they thought everyone from PS would jump ship. This is indeed a waste but also good for us PS fans.
I don't think they miscalculated user reactions. They just only really wanted the mobile and PC storefronts all along.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
lol
lmao even.
They will not stop.
MS's aim is still the same: becoming the most powerful company in the tech world, gaming included.
They'll still have hardware, niche, but still.
But they'll publish their games everywhere.
This doesn't change their overall strategy, it actually is more in line with the rest of the company.
MS doesn't have exclusive software, never did.
Office is everywhere, Azure is platform agnostic, Windows is an open platform.
Gaming was the odd one and now it isn't anymore.
MS is multiplat as a company for decades now.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
lol
lmao even.
They will not stop.
MS's aim is still the same: becoming the most powerful company in the tech world, gaming included.
They'll still have hardware, niche, but still.
But they'll publish their games everywhere.
This doesn't change their overall strategy, it actually is more in line with the rest of the company.
MS doesn't have exclusive software, never did.
Office is everywhere, Azure is platform agnostic, Windows is an open platform.
Gaming was the odd one and now it isn't anymore.
MS is multiplat as a company for decades now.
The thing about that is that mediocre software doesn't cut it in gaming

• fire
Reactions: Cool hand luke