Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

GrayWolf323

6 Sep 2023
This amount of corporate worship is something you'd see made fun of in an episode of Family Guy.

Jesus, the lack of self respect the lot of them have.
just like after they got Zenimax the ‘evangelists’ have immediately moved onto who Xbox should acquire next even though they now have what roughly 40 studios? they don’t give a rat’s ass about games, they just want to take stuff away from PlayStation (and things being ‘free’ on GamePass)

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
just like after they got Zenimax the ‘evangelists’ have immediately moved onto who Xbox should acquire next even though they now have what roughly 40 studios? they don’t give a rat’s ass about games, they just want to take stuff away from PlayStation (and things being ‘free’ on GamePass)
Even "free games" are a bullshit pretext. They know that these buyouts are only about foreclosing content away from the competition and that's all they care about or look forward to. Cultists looking forward to scorched Earth, citing ficticious injustices of the past and non-existing threats.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Albeit I see too many people here discussing the current events transpiring at the moment and arguing for the sake of arguing.To combat this I’m going to use my mod privileges to splice all these random comments I don’t like into a unrelated threads. You are not to question This decision. You do I’ll huff and puff and take the forum down.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Falcs

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Forbes and specifically Paul Tassi (Good friend with Destin) has been thoroughly exposed as an Xbox fanboy and hypocrite.

He has been tweeting the last few days about how Disney should not buy EA and how it would be a disaster for gaming.

Then I found this article he wrote a few months ago, which isn't surprising but just serves as solid proof that these biased / shills for Microsoft in the media will complain about everyone except Microsoft being allowed to buy anything.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Forbes and specifically Paul Tassi (Good friend with Destin) has been thoroughly exposed as an Xbox fanboy and hypocrite.

He has been tweeting the last few days about how Disney should not buy EA and how it would be a disaster for gaming.

Then I found this article he wrote a few months ago, which isn't surprising but just serves as solid proof that these biased / shills for Microsoft in the media will complain about everyone except Microsoft being allowed to buy anything.

I'm glad his favourite game is now Sony-owned.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I'm glad his favourite game is now Sony-owned.

F8hJv4KXgAAXnMK

5e90539350dffdd0a69f6a3363a42dd0.gif

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
Australian competition authority is done with the acquisition
After considering the status and outcomes of other international regulators' reviews and changes to the transaction structure, including related agreements with third parties, the ACCC discontinued its review of the acquisition and does not intend to take any further action.

24 Jun 2022
This has nothing to specifically do with the ABK acquisition but, I'm currently watching a Modern MBA video on the Fried Chicken Wars (you know, the one started by the Popeye's chicken sandwich) and there's a quote in there about executives and CEOs (particularly those prone to failure) that PERFECTLY describes Phil Spencer and Aaron Greenberg, so I want to post it here. It goes:

"Instead of being penalized for underperformance, executives, even those who
are fired or have poor track records, are regularly showered with job opportunities.
And with enough time, some of these executives naturally end up as CEOs on the sole
basis of having the most experience in the room.

These leaders tend to blindly follow the same strategies and make the same mistakes
wherever they go, because they're not incentivized to learn from their failures. The
majority of these appointments typically do more bad than good, as these executives
who constantly fail upwards, tend to spend most of their time replicating how things
were done at their previous company, rather than actually leading their new companies."

You can replace "companies" with divisions within the same company, and it fits the likes of Phil Spencer and Aaron Greenberg among the Xbox side perfectly, including their career trajectories. Just something to keep in mind when people try claiming what a slam dunk acquiring ABK is for someone like Phil Spencer 😉

24 Jun 2022
The acquisition thread on Reset has turned into the strangest Xbox fanboy love-in..... there is a guy there talking about how Phil looks like he lifts and how he's "built like a barrel".

What is going on with these people?

Yet go in that thread and talk about how good you think Sarah Bond or Lulu Cheng-Merservey's physiques are and you'd likely immediately get banned.

Either get hit with sexism or body-shaming (since they're in-shape, implying you'd not have good words if they were out-of-shape blobs).

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Yet go in that thread and talk about how good you think Sarah Bond or Lulu Cheng-Merservey's physiques are and you'd likely immediately get banned.

Either get hit with sexism or body-shaming (since they're in-shape, implying you'd not have good words if they were out-of-shape blobs).
Really ? I mean from twitter the Xbox fanboys are seriously down bad for those 2 🤣

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Is there like a summery somewhere of all the sales conditions/concessions MS had to make? Like COD everywhere for 10 years, at parity with XB version. Think I read somewhere they have to wait a year to put ABK back catalogue onto GP?