Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

D

Deleted member 417

Imagine sitting in a European legal session with Phil Spencer grinning at you like a down-sydromed Mr Potato-head. How could you take him seriously? "Just wait until the next legal hearing, they you will really like what we have to say!"

"Sony is doing this because they fear competition"
"fear competition"
"competition"

BRB playing a bolt-on from a scared competitor

Season 6 Vr GIF by Warner Archive

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Does sony get a chance to refute any of this?
Idas Post says Sony got 30 minutes. I think the live feed is just MS talking to the media after the fact.

Brad Smith's talking points don't seem new or convincing imo, but I am admittedly biased. We'll see what the EU and CMA ultimately decide.

Reactions: EN250

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
18:17 pm
That was a Brad Smith quote, as he wraps-up his press conference. That was it.
To recap, Microsoft has signed a deal with Nvidia and Nintendo to bring Call of Duty to GeForce Now and Nintendo Switch consoles. It will also bring all Xbox games (that are on PC) to GeForce Now. Sony, however, remains opposed to the deal and will not sign the agreement.

Incredible stuff.

MS keeping their promise of bringing games to more platforms.

💚

Now cue the whambulance replies in 3.... 2...

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Idas Post says Sony got 30 minutes. I think the live feed is just MS talking to the media after the fact.

Brad Smith's talking points don't seem new or convincing imo, but I am admittedly biased. We'll see what the EU and CMA ultimately decide.
Of course microsft were going to show boat and make stunts, thats basically what theyve been doing since this deal was announced.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Coverage of the closed trial being covered by GamesIndustry.biz:

MS is doing charity, I cried a little. joking
Incredible stuff.

MS keeping their promise of bringing games to more platforms.

💚

Now cue the whambulance replies in 3.... 2...
Did you cried from joy, I did. MS is so nice, what would happen to Nintendo and Nvidia without Microsoft charitable work?

• haha
Reactions: EN250 and Bryank75

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Of course microsft were going to show boat and make stunts, thats basically what theyve been doing since this deal was announced.
Next we'll have to wait and see what the concession discussions look like, and what the CMA and EU's responses to Microsoft's statements are. Interesting how media-heavy MS approach have been through this process.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It's funny seeing MS mention Sony can spend all its energy trying to block the deal thinking it's a wasted effort...when they're using as much trying to convince them to take a separate deal.
The funniest part is thinking the regulators will give a shit if they make any deal. The CMA said no deals would be good enough.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It's funny seeing MS mention Sony can spend all its energy trying to block the deal thinking it's a wasted effort...when they're using as much trying to convince them to take a separate deal.
it is the same with nintendo. they keep ignoring nintendo as they have nothing in the market.

but they brag about the deal with nintendo and why deal should pass through.

so which is it?