Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

Locked in 3, 2, 1...
I can only imagine how bad the comments in that thread will get.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
The timing of this is pretty interesting. A day before the trial starts and THIS comes out? Either the FTC has been sitting on this for awhile and just played the ace up their sleeve or someone in the the MS/ABK camp leaked this because they no longer want the deal to go through IMO.

Edit: According to Reee its no big deal because we cant see the email and even if he did say it sony probably said something too!

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
The timing of this is pretty interesting. A day before the trial starts and THIS comes out? Either the FTC has been sitting on this for awhile and just played the ace up their sleeve or someone in the the MS/ABK camp leaked this because they no longer want the deal to go through IMO.
This was released as part of the appeal by the lawyers in the separate gamer's lawsuit.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
No amount of hiding threads by resetera is gonna keep this hidden, news is spreading like wildfire.

I do wonder how much the gaming media are going to allow this news to spread. Personally still have doubts about how well the FTC will do in this case though.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Holy Shit. Every sane gamer and person knew this was the intent. Though a dumb intent since taking away Activision games would weaken Activision and Playstation would have simply aligned with other 3rd parties and strengthen them.

Either way I love this coming out to the public... The mask is officially off.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

Locked in 3, 2, 1...
Not locked but merged, and with a bunch of simps wagging their fingers and screeching "Sony too!"

As if Sony is in the position to buy the biggest publishers in the industry and take the revenue hit that comes with making them exclusive, all the while subsidising a business model no one wants with the aim of devaluing gaming for everyone and ending up as the only player in town.