Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Many of them are speaking up in the PS OT but I'm not sure it will go anywhere. Era is too corrupted. A new anti-Sony just popped up so we'll see how it's handled. Sullivan is all over the thread already with his usual shtick.

Locked by Judge already LMAO
Yes, judge is disgusting.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
From what I head today, it was a big SonyToo moment for MS.

Indeed, it's all on archive.org, but for good measure I downloaded all files that were available
Is there archived link to documents that are in the news today? These were removed quickly

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Many of them are speaking up in the PS OT but I'm not sure it will go anywhere. Era is too corrupted. A new anti-Sony just popped up so we'll see how it's handled. Sullivan is all over the thread already with his usual shtick.

Locked by Judge already LMAO
As Micronerds love to inform us, when Microsoft releases on PC that's also in the Xbox ecosystem because of Windows. Where's XGP for Mac or Linux? Why do I have to subscribe to XGP ultimate and have a Microsoft account just to stream their games on other platforms? They want to control all of the access, plain and simple.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
He only did that to appear even-handed. It's a bad look to close the other threads so rapidly buy leave a string of Sony threads open.

I bet they never expected so much of Microsoft's dirty laundry to be aired in public.
Those fuckers were salivating at the prospect of Sony's laundry being aired. I distinctly recall them saying Sony would be sorry they opposed.

Whelp, now Microsoft's putrid stank is out there for the world to see. Curtain has been pulled back and they're the most hated entity in the gaming world yet again. Bet they're sorry they tried to buy Activision because on top of all this, they're gonna end up with a 3b bill for nothing.

To that I say:

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Reactions: Nitro

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
Thanks! Do you know which document has the Game Pass blocking stuff?
I believe that was the sony redacted document, so it should be on the earliest snapshot of the 28th, but I don't remember by name which it was, I think it's near the top of the list

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
I believe that was the sony redacted document, so it should be on the earliest snapshot of the 28th, but I don't remember by name which it was, I think it's near the top of the list
Found it! It's in the middle. 3662785

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
Mods are so weak they’ll treat the the facts being stated in the PS OT as a “rebellion” and ban everyone. Wouldn’t be surprised to wake up and see that
The mods need that free gamepass for being an Xbox Ambassador, or maybe it's the socks and water bottles that keep them going

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: BigSkinny

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Whelp, now Microsoft's putrid stank is out there for the world to see. Curtain has been pulled back and they're the most hated entity in the gaming world yet again.
Sadly, I have seen a ridiculous degree of mental gymnastics put into play to defend Microsoft and still paint Sony as the devil.

Apparently Sony now used these exact same tactics to "kill Sega" (Sega killed Sega lol) and almost kill Nintendo (LMFAO) and are now trying it with Xbox but somehow didn't account for Xbox being big enough to hit back.

Plain insanity, but people are eating this narrative up. So many folks I know weren't even born until the PS2 launched spouting off about what killed Sega and some mythical near-death of Nintendo as if they watched it unfold.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I honestly feel she's going to give MS a pass just because of all their other attempted purchases that they didn't get. It's pretty obvious everyone else barely wants anything to do with them.
Yeah I don't have much hope for the FTC getting anywhere. Thinking more of the CMA, alot of material for them, assuming they already haven't seen this stuff.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Yeah I don't have much hope for the FTC getting anywhere. Thinking more of the CMA, alot of material for them, assuming they already haven't seen this stuff.
I imagine they have, because if not, the CAT appeal is gonna be a quick process.

Any regulator that has a modicum of power and has had access to these documents and does not ultimately reject the merger is not doing their job.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: One eyed jacks

One eyed jacks

10 Feb 2023
I imagine they have, because if not, the CAT appeal is gonna be a quick process.

Any regulator that has a modicum of power and has had access to these documents and does not ultimately reject the merger is not doing their job.
Should be a quick and hard NO to M$’s blatant monopoly strategy. One that most of us saw from a mile away, long before the FTC trial.

But 40+ “regulators” who couldn’t investigate their way out of a paper bag couldn’t see it though. Don’t want to hear anyone telling me brexit wasn’t a good idea now we see how much corruption rules the EU.

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Should be a quick and hard NO to M$’s blatant monopoly strategy. One that most of us saw from a mile away long before the FTC trial.

Somehow 40+ corrupt regulators who couldn’t investigate their way out of paper bag couldn’t see it and approved it no problem. Don’t want to hear anyone telling me brexit wasn’t a good idea now we see how much corruption rules the EU.
Good reminder that the "40 countries have approved this merger" spin to make it look like the deal has overwhelming support includes all countries in the EU, who have no say individually. If the EU wasn't either corrupt, bad at its job, or fishing for fines, it'd be 10-30 in the other direction.

• brain
Reactions: One eyed jacks

One eyed jacks

10 Feb 2023
Good reminder that the "40 countries have approved this merger" spin to make it look like the deal has overwhelming support includes all countries in the EU, who have no say individually. If the EU wasn't either corrupt, bad at its job, or fishing for fines, it'd be 10-30 in the other direction.
giphy.gif

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75