Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It is best to invest in SE rather than buy them. What if Sony loses T2 or EA in coming months? Do you think Sony will be able to compete against MS output when they have Zenimax plus + ABK + (EA or T2). Even with Capcom and SE they will come very short.

Just stop typing crap please. Capcom is by far more efficient than Activision and Zenimax combined and SE is also way more efficient the last 6 years or so.

If they got Capcom and SE they would be Gucci trust me on that. Y'all don't underythe treasure trove of IP's and talent these two companies are sitting on. Imagine if Sony expanded them with even more studios?? Come on now...

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
how they denied so fast? do they any investigation? it looks like process is just for the eyes. wtf
This isn't the actual appeal, this was just a request for a stay. Stays like this usually do happen within a day or two of being possible since the whole point is to stop something from happening which would otherwise occur.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
So when the deal fails and stock tanks, how often do we expect to hear the phrase "no one saw this coming" from the media mouthpieces charged with helping ABK investors secure their a healthy exit?

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
It is best to go big. Capcom and SE are Japanese companies. So they should be protected. Plus we can count major Japanese on one hand. Japanese gov will not let foreign companies gobble them up.

It is best to invest in SE rather than buy them. What if Sony loses T2 or EA in coming months? Do you think Sony will be able to compete against MS output when they have Zenimax plus + ABK + (EA or T2). Even with Capcom and SE they will come very short.
Nah there is no such things as loyalty in business. The relationship between Sony and Square Enix can change to the worse, if the CEO playing foul games behind their back. Yoichi Wada and Matsuda backstabbed Sony twice. This is so exhausting to worry about Square Enix for decades, just put a ring for them. For Sony’s own good. This is an investment that will be important. And I disagree Microsoft won’t get Take2 or EA. This would never be granted. They are too big. Microsoft will probably look to acquire something like Ubisoft or Embracer (perfect for content).

Reactions: Lord Mittens

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
Nah there is no such things as loyalty in business. The relationship between Sony and Square Enix can change to the worse, if the CEO playing foul games behind their back. Yoichi Wada and Matsuda backstabbed Sony twice. This is so exhausting to worry about Square Enix for decades, just put a ring for them. For Sony’s own good. This is an investment that will be important. And I disagree Microsoft won’t get Take2 or EA. This would never be granted. They are too big. Microsoft will probably look to acquire something like Ubisoft or Embracer (perfect for content).
Give them an inch and they will take 10 feet. Sorry to say but MS not stopping if ABK is granted. That much is certain. I am not saying SE isn't a good buy. I think I am trying to say it should be an addition to T2.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
So when the deal fails and stock tanks, how often do we expect to hear the phrase "no one saw this coming" from the media mouthpieces charged with helping ABK investors secure their a healthy exit?
Are you sure the CMA block still stands until August 29? It could expire at the end of that CAT hearing on July 17 and then MS will close.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
It is best to go big. Capcom and SE are Japanese companies. So they should be protected. Plus we can count major Japanese on one hand. Japanese gov will not let foreign companies gobble them up.

I don’t see Sony buying T2 or EA.

You’re vastly underselling Square Enix and Capcom.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Do you want to see Sony losing more close partners? You don’t get it Sony will need to protect their interests. You guys shouldn’t expect something like EA or TakeTwo. What I can see what Sony will do, they will acquire one or two Japanese pubs. This first one is obviously Square Enix (because of existing and strong synergies across the whole Sony Group Corporation). Next would be in a couple of years Capcom. They won’t acquire Take2 in full just an investment (shares), Sony will not pay $40B for them.
They're not going to lose them regardless what happens. Microsoft tried twice to entice them and they waved them away. You need to calm down with your hard on in multiple threads saying that they have to buy them they don't and Square would have to be willing to be bought.

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
I don’t understand why the FTC losing really matters. Everyone knew since the beginning the FTC would lose. Isn’t the CMA the actual wall they need to go over?
THat was always certain. Courts in the U.S has always favored corporate America. That is not changing any time soon.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Give them an inch and they will take 10 feet. Sorry to say but MS not stopping if ABK is granted. That much is certain. I am not saying SE isn't a good buy. I think I am trying to say it should be an addition to T2.
You still don’t get it. Take Two is inefficient, they develop only all 10-15 years a new GTA. Their performance is not good. Sony needs constantly output over the years. Best thing Sony can do buy this valuable Pubs from Japan I mentioned and expand them. Buying 20-30% shares of TakeTwo. Well I am certain Sony is eyeing Square Enix and Capcom. They probably made their piece with Microsoft buying ABK. Hence why Sony’s CFO Hiroki Totoki stated a couple of days ago: “Prioritising intellectual property”.

DForce

24 Jun 2022
I don’t understand why the FTC losing really matters. Everyone knew since the beginning the FTC would lose. Isn’t the CMA the actual wall they need to go over?

I'm still not clear what the CMA can do if MS tries to close over them. I've been people say they cannot close over the CMA because they would have to stop doing business there, even Resetera was saying this, but now it's being completely ignored.

I still want to see documents/laws on what would happen if they try to close over the CMA's block.