Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
A user named reksveks pointed out the mlex report contradicts another report.

“The mlex report (if correct) is basically the opposite of the equityreport one a couple of weeks again.

Very weird.”

Mlex seems like another Microsoft propaganda mouthpiece. I don’t think read an mlex report that accurately told us why was going to happen. It’s always speculation that give Microsoft the best case scenario in every outcome and the fanboys and astroturfers run with it. Rinse repeat.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023

“The mlex report (if correct) is basically the opposite of the equityreport one a couple of weeks again.

Very weird.”

Mlex seems like another Microsoft propaganda mouthpiece. I don’t think read an mlex report that accurately told us why was going to happen. It’s always speculation that give Microsoft the best case scenario in every outcome and the fanboys and astroturfers run with it. Rinse repeat.
Guess who likes MLex reports....

bv.jpg

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

If only he was the worst of them.

Harassing journalists is a common theme recently amongst the xbox fanboy loons.

I mentioned this before but the ps4 generation has done some mental damage to these people.

Even guys like general mld went into hiding during that gen.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
If only he was the worst of them.

Harassing journalists is a common theme recently amongst the xbox fanboy loons.

I mentioned this before but the ps4 generation has done some mental damage to these people.

Even guys like general mld went into hiding during that gen.
Funny enough I remember them getting really mad at an old ign video with Destin pointing out the PS4 having higher resolution than the XB1. Now, Destin is one of their biggest warriors. Just would be really annoying to hear these guys constantly gloat and declare Playstation dead if they get their way here.

D

Deleted member 417

Do we know how far the decisions have been pushed back?

I'm not implying or suggesting anything but the June event is what, 10 weeks away?

I'm sure MS will want to talk about the new ABK deal going through during that direct, or having something to distract the masses (new consoles).

How does the timeframe of decisions line up with the June event?

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

Very weird.”

Are they referring to the equity report one that said that the cma and EC might have different decisions? That one didn't say much about whether the concerns had changed IIRC.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Do we know how far the decisions have been pushed back?

I'm not implying or suggesting anything but the June event is what, 10 weeks away?

I'm sure MS will want to talk about the new ABK deal going through during that direct, or having something to distract the masses (new consoles).

How does the timeframe of decisions line up with the June event?
Latest mlex report says EC is may 22nd, CMA is still april 26th.

Heres the way i'm looking a it, behavioural remedies will be tough in this case(monitoring, license deals etc.) so EC are gonna need alot more time to negotiate terms with MS and possibly ask them for more concessions. So a delay makes sense on the final decision to hash out the details.

But we haven't seen the same with the CMA yet, does CMA think behavioural remedies will be easy to implement then the EC? Nope. CMA absolutely are not fans of behaviourol remedies and certainly won't think it is easier to implement in a shorter time then the EC .

IMO if we don't see a delay with the CMA decision this could be game over.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Latest mlex report says EC is may 22nd, CMA is still april 26th.

Heres the way i'm looking a it, behavioural remedies will be tough in this case(monitoring, license deals etc.) so EC are gonna need alot more time to negotiate terms with MS and possibly ask them for more concessions. So a delay makes sense on the final decision to hash out the details.

But we haven't seen the same with the CMA yet, does CMA think behavioural remedies will be easy to implement then the EC? Nope. CMA absolutely are not fans of behaviourol remedies and certainly won't think it is easier to implement in a shorter time then the EC .

IMO if we don't see a delay with the CMA decision this could be game over.
Interesting take on things. I've also read that the CMA's process is a lot more rigid than the EC's, which is supposedly more flexible and subject to change.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I saw a idas post a few days back about most of the CMA hearing with MS going into discussing behavioural remedies, can't remember which outlet was reporting it. People seem to be taking that as a good sign of the CMA accepting behavioural remedies, I don't see it that way.

MS have obviously rejected structural remedies, so CMA spending the entire hearing asking them about structural remedies is a waste of time, so they will obviously hear them out on the behavioural remedies. If CMA did spend most the hearing pressuring MS about the structural remedies rather then hearing what they had to offer, MS could go bitch about that if they appealed to CAT.

CMA is obviously covering their own backs and leaving no room for MS to use that against them.