Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It means that if the EC approves, MS will fight tooth and nail against the CMA, making them lose money, time and gaming relevance, since they're forgetting about XGS and focusing solely on the acquisition. They'll lose years of valuable time fighting for a doomed deal, because, it doesn't matter what they do, the CMA won't budge.
Hopefully Xbox hurts MS as much as possible and then takes down ABK and cloud gaming with it. :LOL:

Reactions: Puff

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
I don't think any decision will be announced today and if, indeed, it doesn't happen, it's safe to say the source from March, that is being rehashed by Reuters, FT and bloomberg, is bogus and the EC might not approve the deal.
Is FT the Financial Times? Because they said the CMA would approve and we know how that turned out.

Reactions: Swift_Star

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I don't know who this guy is, but it has been posted on GAF:

Amusing to say the least. :ROFLMAO:

I think that's always been that case hasn't it?

I few months again they issued an anti trust warning to MS over this deal.

Also this tweet seems very generic, could be related to the other complaints they are receiving over the cloud services market.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I remember seeing a couple of
articles about that, like this one.

This is from today, right? And I think it might be related to the deal, yes.
It just fuels the suspicion that the previous source was bogus and the EC will, potentially, block the deal.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Approved with concessions?

Still dead, though. CMA won't budge.
Also, the concessions are a joke, they accepted those trojan horse deals MS made.
Glad the CMA is not as naive as them.

Last edited:
  • angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
So now instead of ending this deal right here now, Microsoft is going to drag this out for at least another year unless Bobby decides he wants his 3 billion in July. Insane.
One year? Doubt it. This will be dragged for two to three years.
Sucks for MS, though. They'll get less and less relevant in the gaming space as long as they focus on this instead of focusing on its gaming division itself.

• sad
Reactions: LED

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
The EU had the chance to put an end to this now, but they've ensured that this gets dragged out for another year at least.
Sucks for MS. Their loss, CMA won't budge. MS and ABK attacking the brits made things worse for them.
Since the beginning, Idas and even adamsapple told everyone CMA was the one to be wary of and that hasn't changed.
The deal needs FTC, EC and CMA approval.
No CMA, no deal.
And to those saying it makes no sense for MS to appeal if there's no way to overturn the decision, the reason for this is simple: they have to pursue all avenues possible, else they'll be sued to oblivion by the shareholders.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
According to Bloomberg, the chances of overturning the CMA decision are still very low:

While the EU decision offers a glimmer of hope, "it probably doesn't change much" for Microsoft's chances of success in legal challenges to the FTC and CMA, according to Bloomberg Intelligence analyst Jennifer Rie.

That's "because each jurisdiction has made its decision based on the market conditions in their own region," she said. "These conditions may differ, which can lead to a different conclusion on the antitrust impact of a deal."

So, don't believe what xbots will tell you, the deal is still dead.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: AshHunter216

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
At least now we don't have to worry about waiting for what the next regulator's decision is going to be, barring any drama over whatever luck the FTC has in court.

It seemed like from the beginning the EU took the softest stance on MS out if the big 3 regulators.

They argued in their final report that Playstation is too popular in the EU for MS to want to pull COD off of it. They also argued that CoD isn't that popular in the EU anyway.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters