The cma will defeat evil Microsoft

OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Anybody here also use reddit? I swear once the news broke reddit slowed to a crawl and I think it's because of bots used by microsoft.

I spend most my internet time on reddit and it has been clearly heavily astroturfed by Microsoft for years to the point that there are thousands of accounts just dedicated to promoting Xbox and bashing Playstation all day every day. It's wild some of the things Ive seen.

Anyway today the post on /r/PS5 was climbing modestly with up votes and only had maybe 100 - 150 upvote after 90 minutes or so. I look away for about 20 minutes and its at about 1000 upvotes. Now it has many thousands more than even Xbox dedicated subreddits or any other subreddit.

Then dozens of frequent Xbox troll accounts were all over the post telling us how the CMA is in the wrong and Sony are the bad guys and yada yada. It 100% got botted.

All the other gaming subreddits are filled with Xbox shills and astrotufers as well. It's pretty insane.

Yeah Reddit has a massive MS astroturfing farm targetting it's gaming pages.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The clowns at era now believe the CAT will order the CMA to disconsider the cloud market… 😂
And then there’s the recently created users with no pfp that only post in the merger thread and only talk with each other.
CAT has no power. they have power just can grand appeal or not based on irrational, illogical outcomes in the case. which EU showed, it is not the case, because EU themself made tons of remedies where ABK games goes all for free for cloud competitors :D

these people straight up making shit up.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Anybody here also use reddit? I swear once the news broke reddit slowed to a crawl and I think it's because of bots used by microsoft.

I spend most my internet time on reddit and it has been clearly heavily astroturfed by Microsoft for years to the point that there are thousands of accounts just dedicated to promoting Xbox and bashing Playstation all day every day. It's wild some of the things Ive seen.

Anyway today the post on /r/PS5 was climbing modestly with up votes and only had maybe 100 - 150 upvote after 90 minutes or so. I look away for about 20 minutes and its at about 1000 upvotes. Now it has many thousands more than even Xbox dedicated subreddits or any other subreddit.

Then dozens of frequent Xbox troll accounts were all over the post telling us how the CMA is in the wrong and Sony are the bad guys and yada yada. It 100% got botted.

All the other gaming subreddits are filled with Xbox shills and astrotufers as well. It's pretty insane.
I've noticed it too. The PS5 subreddit is being brigaded like crazy.

• sad
Reactions: Eggman and LED

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Good piece of info right heren on Meta Vs CMA:
Source: https://www.catribunal.org.uk/sites/cat/files/2022-06/20220614_1429_Judgment_FINAL [2022] CAT 26.pdf
We have found that the CMA correctly directed itself to the test it had to apply. The question is whether there is an expectation – a more than 50% chance – that a substantial lessening of competition will result, the impairment to competition in this case being an impairment to dynamic competition. We readily acknowledge that this type of assessment involves difficult questions of judgement, and that the burden of resolving these falls, principally on the competition authority tasked with doing so. This application is not an appeal on the merits, but a judicial review. It is our task not to consider whether the CMA has "got it right", but whether the decision it made was lawful or not.
It's PRETTY clear that CAT appealing will amount to nothing in this case since the decision was lawful.
Tough luck, MS and bots.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I've only been skimming through the cma session with parliament right now, but it doesn't seem like some hardcore grilling that will pressure them to change their minds, lol. There was the conspiracy thrown out there that they're just operating on behalf of the ftc, but that carries no weight.

• brain
Reactions: LED

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I've only been skimming through the cma session with parliament right now, but it doesn't seem like some hardcore grilling that will pressure them to change their minds, lol. There was the conspiracy thrown out there that they're just operating on behalf of the ftc, but that carries no weight.
The precedent that will set if government intervention actually got CMA to change their minds against their own will would be disastrous.

It basically sets a path for other big tech companies to lobby politicians to pressure the CMA.

CMA know this and the government know this, that's why it ain't gonna happen.

Regardless, CMAs tweets yesterday and this hearing shows they won't be bending.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
The precedent that will set if government intervention actually got CMA to change their minds against their own will would be disastrous.

It basically sets a path for other big tech companies to lobby politicians to pressure the CMA.

CMA know this and the government know this, that's why it ain't gonna happen.

Regardless, CMAs tweets yesterday and this hearing shows they won't be bending.
Yep, it would defeat the purpose of them being independent.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Good piece of info right heren on Meta Vs CMA:
Source: https://www.catribunal.org.uk/sites/cat/files/2022-06/20220614_1429_Judgment_FINAL [2022] CAT 26.pdf

It's PRETTY clear that CAT appealing will amount to nothing in this case since the decision was lawful.
Tough luck, MS and bots.
This is why I would love it if MS would appeal this decision. The deal is dead, the CMA head has expressed that nothing will get them to pass it, so let MS waste a year in the appeal process only for it to come back to the CMA to get killed again. By that point Xbox hardware numbers will be in the gutter.

• fire