Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
This is why I would love it if MS would appeal this decision. The deal is dead, the CMA head has expressed that nothing will get them to pass it, so let MS waste a year in the appeal process only for it to come back to the CMA to get killed again. By that point Xbox hardware numbers will be in the gutter.
And that's assuming that MS would even be granted an appeal in the first place. CMA may not even have to rule on it again.

Reactions: nongkris

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
This is why I would love it if MS would appeal this decision. The deal is dead, the CMA head has expressed that nothing will get them to pass it, so let MS waste a year in the appeal process only for it to come back to the CMA to get killed again. By that point Xbox hardware numbers will be in the gutter.
Oh this comment makes me cry from happiness. 😭😭🥰🥰🥰😭😭🥰😭🥰🥰😭😭😭😭😭😭🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

• haha
Reactions: Puff and nongkris

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
From Neogaf:

Parliamentlive.tv

Business and Trade Committee
parliamentlive.tv
"at 11:00:15 the guy from parliament says that the government will give more powers to the CMA to prevent big tech takeovers and says that the Big tech are putting a lot of money into paying activists/lobbyist (hello fosspatents) to try to influence the CMA and give them a bad image"

Xbox podcasts said the UK politicians were going to attack the CMA because MS ddint get their way. Doesnt sound like thats what happened though?

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
The Resetera thread is a pit of bitter gnashing of teeth. You can feel the hatred some of these guys have. Thats what happens when you live in an echo chamber where you only get a positive feedback loop that runs into reality though. The UK Parliament doesnt seem to want to cooperate with Microsoft (at least for now) and the CMA has doubled and tripled down.

Guys, im going to delve into cesspool that is xboxera. If im not back today, send a search party.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
The Resetera thread is a pit of bitter gnashing of teeth. You can feel the hatred some of these guys have. Thats what happens when you live in an echo chamber where you only get a positive feedback loop that runs into reality though. The UK Parliament doesnt seem to want to cooperate with Microsoft (at least for now) and the CMA has doubled and tripled down.

Guys, im going to delve into cesspool that is xboxera. If im not back today, send a search party.
Why would the Brits agree with an american company forcing their way over the CMA's decision? Americans are way too entitled, it's disgusting.

Reactions: Edmund

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

No sane person would go into that hellpit.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I think as far as regulators go, the only real wildcard remaining is China. There was a rumor saying that they would approve the deal, then their decision got delayed and now there are tensions between them and the U.S. so who knows. The FTC are against the deal, but America's broken system limits their ability to do much about it, so it's up to the cma.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Iconera search party after searching for 2 seconds

leave-leavehim.gif

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

Send prints!

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Much to my surprise, the posters there were not buying fosspatents editorializing of the past few days and think the deal is as good as done thanks to the CMA.
Interesting. I've noticed a while ago on era that even some of the diehards think FOSS is full of shit. They talked about how he's not a lawyer and that they trust Idas more. I guess they took a turn for the worse recently.

They're holding out hope for this deal on reddit as well. They basically brigaded and took over a post on the PS5 subreddit. I guess the Xbox subreddit wasn't big enough to hold all of their lunacy.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Interesting. I've noticed a while ago on era that even some of the diehards think FOSS is full of shit. They talked about how he's not a lawyer and that they trust Idas more. I guess they took a turn for the worse recently.

They're holding out hope for this deal on reddit as well. They basically brigaded and took over a post on the PS5 subreddit. I guess the Xbox subreddit wasn't big enough to hold all of their lunacy.
Ultimately, it doesn't matter the noise these people are doing in forums, twitter or reddit. Nothing will change and it's clear the CMA won't budge.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I think as far as regulators go, the only real wildcard remaining is China. There was a rumor saying that they would approve the deal, then their decision got delayed and now there are tensions between them and the U.S. so who knows. The FTC are against the deal, but America's broken system limits their ability to do much about it, so it's up to the cma.
no, Neteasy or whatever name is said that they will advise against merger, after activision made some shady comments or wanted shit contracts with them.
whatever it is, good :D fuck m$, fuck activision. i hope Kotick will be sued.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Like @Nhomnhom was pointing out, the EU wording for the concessions is so weird.
It basically means that if you buy CoD on Series X, MS must allow it to be streamed on ANY cloud streaming service whatsoever for FREE.
So you could stream CoD on PS+, Luna and other smaller no name cloud services for FREE.
This is a major blowback on MS strategy, looks like a big trojan horse.
It's like the EU said: "yeah, you can buy the company but everyone else will access its software for free".

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Like @Nhomnhom was pointing out, the EU wording for the concessions is so weird.
It basically means that if you buy CoD on Series X, MS must allow it to be streamed on ANY cloud streaming service whatsoever for FREE.
So you could stream CoD on PS+, Luna and other smaller no name cloud services for FREE.
It's like the EU said: "yeah, you can buy the company but everyone else will access its software for free".
I guess thats why MS wants 100 percent of the microtransactions? If this somehow goes through cod will essentially become a ftp game (warzone?) riddled with microtransactions.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I guess thats why MS wants 100 percent of the microtransactions? If this somehow goes through cod will essentially become a ftp game (warzone?) riddled with microtransactions.
Sony will never accept that, it's offensive that MS even had the courage to approach Sony with that proposal.

When MS proposed to buy ABK for $70B they clearly expected the deal to pass with no remedies and a lot quicker. Now they are settling this extremely compromised deal in the hopes to get it approved. It's looking like this deal came from Nadella himself if it was Phil there is no way he wouldn't have been fired already.

Shareholders have to be looking at all this circus and questioning how it's even worth it.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
From Neogaf:

"at 11:00:15 the guy from parliament says that the government will give more powers to the CMA to prevent big tech takeovers and says that the Big tech are putting a lot of money into paying activists/lobbyist (hello fosspatents) to try to influence the CMA and give them a bad image"

Xbox podcasts said the UK politicians were going to attack the CMA because MS ddint get their way. Doesnt sound like thats what happened though?

On Installbase they don't see that. They only see this :

Anyway, i'm loving to read enpleinjour's posts on installbase. At least he is level headed :

And he still remained calm after all these attacks