Microsoft’s gaming chief hints that Xbox could get PC stores like Epic Games one day

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
It wouldn't kill Sony. It wouldn't make their console relevant in the slightest. Most people wouldn't care.

I'm just pointing out that technically, it could be done.
Disagreed, having access to steam games and storefront on a powerful gaming device optimized for gaming would be insane.

24 Jun 2022
That's called a gaming pc 🤣

Well that's what Xbox gaming hardware is going to become. All the signs are present now.

The one thing diehards need to accept is that these systems are going to be sold for at-profit costs because MS is not going to subsidize the hardware anymore like a traditional console platform holder. I'd expect any future Xbox gaming hardware with baseline specs equivalent to a Sony or Nintendo console to be at least $200 more expensive than the console equivalent, likely more depending on things like form factor and upgradability options.

That's the part diehards might still seem confused on, because they will still associate Xbox as a console instead of a gaming PC brand.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Play “Playstation” games on an Xbox?

How?

Steam is a storefront not an emulator so the games will need to be ported over.

Secondly will Sony allow it? Sure….

This is assuming the next Xbox is just another Steam Box/Steam Deck

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

So basically a wolf in sheeps clothing.

I don’t think Sony is that careless.

Like I said, Microsoft is a direct competitor to Sony in the gaming industry. They openly declared their intentions to Sony.

mckmas8808

26 Mar 2024

Which I imagine will fail HARD, since they'll have to sell it at a high price. But It'll need to be clearly more powerful than what a normal console would do in 2026, while also competing with PCs that are $1,500 and up.

My assumption is it'll cost between $799 and $999.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Imagine getting a Xbox and it can natively run steam and different storefronts, it will be insane in general. It literally would be nice for consumers. That's it.
This isn’t happening like at all. You can’t just grap thousands of games from steam and port to an Xbox just like that. Come on guys can we stop we delusional takes

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Which I imagine will fail HARD, since they'll have to sell it at a high price. But It'll need to be clearly more powerful than what a normal console would do in 2026, while also competing with PCs that are $1,500 and up.

My assumption is it'll cost between $799 and $999.

I think they want to go the Steam Deck route. Maybe this time it connects to the TV like the Nintendo Switch. I think Phil has been dropping hints about a portable Xbox for some time.

This doesn't sound like a winning strategy. lol

mckmas8808

26 Mar 2024
I think they want to go the Steam Deck route. Maybe this time it connects to the TV like the Nintendo Switch. I think Phil has been dropping hints about a portable Xbox for some time.

This doesn't sound like a winning strategy. lol

Sounds like a horrible strategy. There's no way they will be able to compete with the SteamDeck 2. Considering price and availability to Steam.

Reactions: DForce

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Screenshot-20240326-200340-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240326-200205-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240326-200032-Chrome.jpg

Sony fucked themselves and it's really hilarious to watch. Let's see, what are they're going to do about it. Twitter & media is going to be unbearable.
Why? lol

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
This isn’t happening like at all. You can’t just grap thousands of games from steam and port to an Xbox just like that. Come on guys can we stop we delusional takes
If they can find a way to make that happened it would be amazing though, that's all I'm saying.

I'm not saying it's happening, but I'm saying how nice it would be for people using that device.