Microsoft's internal documents recognize that adding games to Game Pass would lead to cannibalization of Buy-To-Play sales

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
WpfIAaP.jpg

Nns4zXi.jpg

Via Neogaf
Credit: DeepEnigma

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
WpfIAaP.jpg

Nns4zXi.jpg

Via Neogaf
Credit: DeepEnigma

You Dont Say GIF

It's funny to read elsewhere from people, who initially believed Phil's BS regarding "GP increases sales of games", stuff like "it's obvious this is the case" or still try to defend Phil's words with theories like "he meant more DLC/MTX".

If flip-flopping was an Olympic discipline, Team Green would win gold medals in masses.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You Dont Say GIF

It's funny to read elsewhere from people, who initially believed Phil's BS regarding "GP increases sales of games", stuff like "it's obvious this is the case" or still try to defend Phil's words with theories like "he meant more DLC/MTX".

If flip-flopping was an Olympic discipline, Team Green would win gold medals in masses.
this one talks about games. he also said about games. there is nothing to spin.

D

Deleted member 417

Anyone with two braincells knew this was the case. Who in their right mind, beyond exceptional cases/circumstances, would play a game for 'free' on gamepass and then go and buy the game?

Especially when the shills who pushed the lie that gamepass increases game sales would also go on to say "I'll wait for it to drop on gamepass" or "Thank God for gamepass, I don't need to pay $70".

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Anyone with two braincells knew this was the case. Who in their right mind, beyond exceptional cases/circumstances, would play a game for 'free' on gamepass and then go and buy the game?

Especially when the shills who pushed the lie that gamepass increases game sales would also go on to say "I'll wait for it to drop on gamepass" or "Thank God for gamepass, I don't need to pay $70".
People right now are stressed out they will need to keep paying for COD if the deal fails

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
I remember making these points on gamepass threads and thinking it was an obvious deduction, but from the time Phil came in and said "games are selling better with gamepass subs", so many fans took it as gospel, yet every statistic shows Sony was leading XBOX in the 70:30 ratio 80:20 and in quite a few cases 90:10 on some multiplat games.

Everything MS has said about GP has been a lie, from the number of subs, to GP's engagement numbers, all of it are not accurate and they've expanded those numbers through shady engagement metrics. Another thing they lied on was that gamepass is profitable, there is just no way GP is seeing green. It's current numbers are due only to the infamous dollar subs, then couple that with sub sharing and the number of active GP subs and of course it's profitability is even more dire.

Desperate times also calls for desperate measures, if GP was doing so well, there would certainly be no need for the desperate marketing machine we saw in the last two years, using American Journalists and Ambassadors to slowly infiltrate our minds and sometimes even overwhelm with messaging like "The best Deal in Gaming", "A Game Changer".........That was desperation beyond compare, especially when you are already at $1 subs.....The proof was always in the pudding, but some people just love the lies instead....

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I remember making these points on gamepass threads and thinking it was an obvious deduction, but from the time Phil came in and said "games are selling better with gamepass subs", so many fans took it as gospel, yet every statistic shows Sony was leading XBOX in the 70:30 ratio 80:20 and in quite a few cases 90:10 on some multiplat games.

Everything MS has said about GP has been a lie, from the number of subs, to GP's engagement numbers, all of it are not accurate and they've expanded those numbers through shady engagement metrics. Another thing they lied on was that gamepass is profitable, there is just no way GP is seeing green. It's current numbers are due only to the infamous dollar subs, then couple that with sub sharing and the number of active GP subs and of course it's profitability is even more dire.

Desperate times also calls for desperate measures, if GP was doing so well, there would certainly be no need for the desperate marketing machine we saw in the last two years, using American Journalists and Ambassadors to slowly infiltrate our minds and sometimes even overwhelm with messaging like "The best Deal in Gaming", "A Game Changer".........That was desperation beyond compare, especially when you are already at $1 subs.....The proof was always in the pudding, but some people just love the lies instead....
The fact that MS has nearly-foolproof VPN-detecting and blocking tech that they could use to block all the region exploits for cheap Game Pass subscription exploits, but they haven’t so far goes to show how desperate they are to pump up the numbers to please their shareholders.

The whole thing is more of a pump and dump to keep Xbox alive and an unsustainable weapon to try to crush the rest of the market, and we are all lucky they don’t have more of a user base than they do.