More PC Returnal Steam "Leaks", Imminent announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com

Specifically they localized achievements, you can see it here actually:

Since this stuff would have already been localized, possible they are just uploading them to Steam and this could come out anytime.. but does seem fairly 'late in the game' thing to do no?

At least as far as making the listing public. I still think this is a 2023 release.

Reactions: rofif

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
kisspng-pc-master-race-personal-computer-video-games-pc-ga-couples-5b6fc7941e8f30-604737621534052244.png

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
It will probably be a blog announcement like god of war was. I expect an announcement within the next two weeks with sackboy to follow

24 Jun 2022
I'll most likely be gining it a go in PS+ once I pick up a PS5, but it should be a strong get for people on PC as well. Guessing March 2023 or later for them, but before June.

It will probably be a blog announcement like god of war was. I expect an announcement within the next two weeks with sackboy to follow

Most likely. I think the actual announcement's gonna come a bit later than that tho, for both games. Maybe nothing official until before their big Showcase this year (they should still be doing one for sure).

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well it will not come out before 2023 so that makes it around 2 years… that is what Sony is testing using.

I guess Sony plans to release 2x two years old and 2x more than two years old per year on PC.

Imminent seems a bit of over take because all PC games for 2022 are already announced.

Last edited:

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
This is probably the game they want the most along with bloodborne
The amount of time Bloodborne is taking to be released on PC makes me wonder if Sony isn't making something else other than just a basic remaster. It's the obvious moneymaker for Sony on PC, would easily sell better than any game Sony released on the PC so far. There is clearly a huge audience for From Software games on PC and if they do something extra with it they get to charge again for it on PlayStation.

I just can't believe Sony is unaware that Bloodborne is actually their game with the most appeal for the PC audience.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I really doubt they will announce a PC port in next two week that will only release in PC in 2023.

Makes no sense.

The earliest announce will probably be in November/December.

When was Uncharted PC announced?

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
Returnal is a roguelike game. It should have released on PC day one.
Good that it's finally coming.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
The amount of time Bloodborne is taking to be released on PC makes me wonder if Sony isn't making something else other than just a basic remaster. It's the obvious moneymaker for Sony on PC, would easily sell better than any game Sony released on the PC so far. There is clearly a huge audience for From Software games on PC and if they do something extra with it they get to charge again for it on PlayStation.

I just can't believe Sony is unaware that Bloodborne is actually their game with the most appeal for the PC audience.

What you said before is right, sony is aware of how big bloodborne is, i think there are some possible behind the scenes problems with it though, or like you said maybe they are planning something bigger for it.

Sony announcing a sequel would be earth shattering and they’d naturally want to do the pc port before that to market it.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Specifically they localized achievements, you can see it here actually:

Since this stuff would have already been localized, possible they are just uploading them to Steam and this could come out anytime.. but does seem fairly 'late in the game' thing to do no?

At least as far as making the listing public. I still think this is a 2023 release.
When are you going to make a starfield post Goddammit, that's right up your street 😍

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
What you said before is right, sony is aware of how big bloodborne is, i think there are some possible behind the scenes problems with it though, or like you said maybe they are planning something bigger for it.

Sony announcing a sequel would be earth shattering and they’d naturally want to do the pc port before that to market it.
I'm was thinking something more in line of getting Bluepoint to remake the game like they did with Demon's Souls.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Didn't they make a bunch of artistic changes to Demon's Souls that people weren't too fond of?
There's always going to be purist, but as far as remakes go it was pretty well done and very close to the original game. Nothing is perfect, Bluepoint is still a reference when it comes to remakes.

Also, Sony needs to figure out a way on how to continue the series without From Software, they might not ever become available again to work on it due to the massive success of Elden Ring. I think the obvious solution would be to have Miyazaki write the story and have another studio work on it with From Software's help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.