More PC Returnal Steam "Leaks", Imminent announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Eh... aside from the fact an exact number wasn't given, and people are gleaning what they want from looking at a bar graph meant to show relative amounts...

Adding another product to your fiscal year is hardly something investors would be concerned about. Really all that matters is financial bottom lines, but products NOT releasing in the FY is the bigger deal.
There is no plan to release any other PC port this FY.
I'm not sure what you are even talking about.

It is not what I wish or want... it is what Sony planned... I can't change that... I can only point that to people that maybe missed that relevant info.

OP
OP
IntentionalPun

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
There is no plan to release any other PC port this FY.
I'm not sure what you are even talking about.

It is not what I wish or want... it is what Sony planned... I can't change that... I can only point that to people that maybe missed that relevant info.
And where did Sony state they have no plans to release more PC ports this FY?

My understanding is people are guessing that based on a bar chart showing PC releases vs PS releases isn't it?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
And where did Sony state they have no plans to release more PC ports this FY?
They showed the numbers of titles to release this year in their financials business briefings.

If you want to believe there is a secret plan to release one more PC port this FY fine (even so there is no more date for that) but don't create over expectations in people that are not aware of that.

Returnal won't release this FY.

OP
OP
IntentionalPun

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
They showed the numbers of titles to release this year in their financials business briefings.

If you want to believe there is a secret plan to release one more PC port this FY fine (even so there is no more date for that) but don't create over expectations in people that are not aware of that.

Returnal won't release this FY.
They did not state a number IIRC, they showed a bar chart and people are gleaning a number from it:

Screenshot-2022-05-26-004513.jpg

You are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, but you just keep stating it over and over and not sure why you can't just link to the info?

These types of bar charts w/ percentages are meant to show relative amounts.. there's a reason no exact numbers are given, because Playstation can't guarantee release dates.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They did not state a number IIRC, they showed a bar chart and people are gleaning a number from it:

Screenshot-2022-05-26-004513.jpg

You are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, but you just keep stating it over and over and not sure why you can't just link to the info?
It is pretty clear, no?

Just how many PS5 games only first-party games will launch this year and do the math comparing with the pixels size.
The pixels sizes alight because this graphic is based in the nubmers of titles...

You can argue it is an estimate and can change but it is already a very solid estimate for 2022... we are half of it.
Imagine Sony from nothing releasing a non-planned game this year.
The opposite is easier to happen... a planned game being delayed.

Edit - Dammit... I forgot there is another option... to have Returnal in that graph you need to have two others releases to PS5 this year that we not know yet 🔥 so somehow Sony has more two first-party games planned to release on PS5 this FY.

Last edited:
Reactions: IntentionalPun
OP
OP
IntentionalPun

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
It is pretty clear, no?

To me it's not. So you have what planned right now? Spiderman, Miles and Uncharted?

So then why is the mobile bar half of what the PC one is?

Are they releasing one and a half mobile games?

People have yet to really add up what the bars represent, assign games to each section of the graph.. they have yet to really explain the PS5 + cross gen bars and really count them up either.

Reactions: nominedomine

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
To me it's not. So you have what planned right now? Spiderman, Miles and Uncharted?

People have yet to really add up what the bars represent, assign games to each section of the graph.. they have yet to really explain the PS5 + cross gen bars and really count them up either.
Mobile = 32px
PC = 64px
PS5 = 128px
PS4 + PS5 = 128px

There are 2 mobile releases unknown or maybe Sony already launched them in Japan.
You forget one of the Live Service planned will release on PC (Q&A).

Edit - I'm a bit confuse with the last part you wrote... are you talking about PS5 exclusives and PS4 + PS5 parts of the graph? All games launching in CY 2022 will fit under PS4 + PS5 (that is the sad reality) but there is several games to launch in Q4 FY2022 that is PS5 PSVR2 exclusives.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Can we take this video and change all the people asking Redman for stuff.... can we change them to people asking for PC ports of PS exclusives???

• haha
Reactions: Cragarmi

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
What if the Demon Souls remake was a test for Sony to see if Bluepoint would nail the Bloodborne remake 😏
I mean, they already have the engine ready to go, to me it's the natural next step. I think the decision for Sony is if it's worth a full remake over just a remaster.

Knowing Sony I'm going with a complete remake for $70 on PS5 and PC.

The crossgen to current gen ratio certainly doesn't look correct. Too much credit is being put on the precision of this graph.

Reactions: Hobbygaming
Status
Not open for further replies.