Mortal Kombat 1 being slammed by some fans for the "ugly female character models"

Falcs

23 Jun 2022
Yeah. The whole "no pretty woman allowed in western media" bullshit.

And there it is.
Yeah. Because it's true.

FyeMX6PWYAE72dx.png

Which one of these do you find attractive:

Fz_2G97WIAE_s_7.png

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
nah all asians are pretty racist, i'm asian myself so i know. also i realize these are online comments which tend to skew towards 2ch-type disrespectful speech
Are you Pinoy, Indonesian, Korean or Taiwanese. My guess is Singapore citizens(don't know the word).

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yeah. Because it's true.

FyeMX6PWYAE72dx.png

Which one of these do you find attractive:

Fz_2G97WIAE_s_7.png
Limited to recent Sony games only, can't be arsed to keep on going. Funny that your concept of "attractive" seems limited to characters that almost don't look human, but rather as if they came from hentai.

ellie-1557935122656_160w.png
AF8jUwV2a55js4JaxJ2NLG.jpg

4aaa16946b2c9d7ede1dcdd85bc6815d.png
uncharted-4-a-thief-s-end-elena-fisher-video-games-uncharted-wallpaper-preview.jpg

horizon-forbidden-west-pride.jpg
Seyka.jpg

Fjr_RjPUUAAxzwJ.jpeg
Freya.jpg

Forspoken_December_Screen008.png

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
I mean mai shirunai and doa girls aren't exactly what you'd call hentai babes but they do look more attractive to me than the sony babes imo.

And on a more far more relevant note I really though I think the game looks really bad graphically and from a gameplay standpoint.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I mean mai shirunai and doa girls aren't exactly what you'd call hentai babes but they do look more attractive to me than the sony babes imo.
I know they are not hentai babes, but they almost look like it. There's pretty much no human being that looks like that unless they're wearing 45 kilos of make-up or have had so much plastic surgery that when opening their eyes their asshole closes. You can find them more attractive to your heart's content, but the argument here is that people are criticising attractiveness based on unrealistic (literally) standards of beauty vs. what an actual human looks like.

As for MK1, some of them look fugly, but none look realistic enough for me to be attracted or not.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I know they are not hentai babes, but they almost look like it. There's pretty much no human being that looks like that unless they're wearing 45 kilos of make-up or have had so much plastic surgery that when opening their eyes their asshole closes. You can find them more attractive to your heart's content, but the argument here is that people are criticising attractiveness based on unrealistic (literally) standards of beauty vs. what an actual human looks like.

As for MK1, some of them look fugly, but none look realistic enough for me to be attracted or not.
It is a game, why does it need to be realistic. I mean like I don't the whole ugly wamen vidya too, but when the last entry got great looking sexy men and women, and next game we got drug addicts instead, it is just a downgrade.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It is a game, why does it need to be realistic. I mean like I don't the whole ugly wamen vidya too, but when the last entry got great looking sexy men and women, and next game we got drug addicts instead, it is just a downgrade.

Oh, I don't give a shit about women in games looking pretty or not. I was arguing against the whole "all women in western games look ugly, unlike asian games". That's all. I want my games to be fun. I have my gf to look at if want to look at a pretty woman.

• haha
Reactions: Falcs and Nym

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Oh, I don't give a shit about women in games looking pretty or not. I was arguing against the whole "all women in western games look ugly, unlike asian games". That's all. I want my games to be fun. I have my gf to look at if want to look at a pretty woman.
Great because I played video games and watch movies to look away from my wife. ;)

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023

I will compare it to tekken 8 which has a more realist look to it.

iu

tekken-8-asuka-kazama.jpg

ahhCblr.jpg

Trailer-emocionante-de-Mortal-Kombat-1-com-Sindel-e-General-Shao.jpg.webp

Personally I think tekken 8 did a better job at attaining realism. The character on the bottom here looks disproportionate in some areas.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Personally I think tekken 8 did a better job at attaining realism. The character on the bottom here looks disproportionate in some areas.

If you're arguing the characters up top look more life-like than the ones at the bottom, at least based on those pictures, you really have to leave your home at some point. And I mean it. Go outside and look at actual human beings.

Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
If you're arguing the characters up top look more life-like than the ones at the bottom, at least based on those pictures, you really have to leave your home at some point. And I mean it. Go outside and look at actual human beings.
Well I do once a blue moon go to my local walmart for groceries...

iu

• haha
Reactions: PropellerEar