Mortal Kombat 1 being slammed by some fans for the "ugly female character models"

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden
Cool username KI is awesome.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
The thing with Burka Kombat since 10 is that they only apply that logic to woman. Because male characters show lots of skin and devs don't try to uglify them. We don't have many "Rufus" on MK.

Beyond that, most costume and character design went to hell since they started with the gear system in injustice 2. Before, characters had a couple of very curated skins to choose from.

Now you can make combinations that don't respect the characters identity at all. For example, having a yellow sub zero or a purple scorpion.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Ugly freckles
Ugly nose
Dirty
Okay
Fat
Plain
Too low res to tell
Ghost
Man jaw
nahh, they might not be 10s (although imo Elena is cute af) but they're mostly either average or above average. None of them are ugly, well Freya is kinda but that's mostly cause of her shitty eye shadow/makeup and not washing her hair in a month+

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Falcs

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
1.Ugly freckles
2.Ugly nose
3. Dirty
Okay
4. Fat
Plain
Too low res to tell
Ghost
5 .Man jaw
1. That is Anglo-Murican for you
2. She is Jew
3. Big booty Latina
4. She eated too much fried potato chips
5. Haha did I just says that, with my fucking mouth hahaha.

Talking bout protaganist, there is also Kat(animated) but do think Sony cares?
images

Reactions: Snes nes and Falcs

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
2. She is Jew
3. Big booty Latina
2 - Do you mean in the game ? Because I'm pretty sure the actual person who served as face model is actually an italo- america
3 - Chloe is not a latina but of mixed race indo australian

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
I will compare it to tekken 8 which has a more realist look to it.

iu

tekken-8-asuka-kazama.jpg

ahhCblr.jpg

Trailer-emocionante-de-Mortal-Kombat-1-com-Sindel-e-General-Shao.jpg.webp

Personally I think tekken 8 did a better job at attaining realism. The character on the bottom here looks disproportionate in some areas.
The characters of MK are definetly more realistic of that of Tekken, even if they look like extra in a Power Ranger's serie episode. The characters of Tekken have a highly stylized look that is balanced by the realism of the materials

• brain
Reactions: Snes nes

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
The characters of MK are definetly more realistic of that of Tekken, even if they look like extra in a Power Ranger's serie episode. The characters of Tekken have a highly stylized look that is balanced by the realism of the materials
I would say its Better looking graphics and gameplay with tekken than mortal Kombat. I remember the criticism of 11 being that it’s characters in game animations were terrible.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
There’s nothing wrong with the characters.

Stop using Instagram fake plastic barbie looking women as a standard.