MS President Brad Smith: In Europe, PlayStation has 80% Marketshare, Xbox has 20%. Globally it’s 70/30

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Why Sony instead of Amazon, Google and Apple?

Phil said the acquisition wasn't about Sony and Nintendo.

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Seems that Gamepass is helping Xbox in Europe, I expected it to be a smaller percentage. The global and Japanese percents are more or less the ones I expected.

So Nintendo owns 0% of the market, despite being the current best selling console?
Yes, Nintendo doesn't have a next gen console where their main game sales come from high end 3rd party AAA games like the Activision Blizzard ones. So the deal doesn't affect them.

Nintendo instead has a hybrid portable with low end hardware where their main game sales come from first party games. Nintendo are perfectly successful without Activision Blizzard.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
When i see these splits in sales and market share and the moeny microsoft is burning through, i have to ask myself, WHY are they doing this? Theyve spent close to 100 billion this generation alone and are going to be doing worse than the previous generation. Why waste all this time, money, and energy?

D

Deleted member 417

FWIW Nvidia use their own cloud solutions powered by Microsoft's' Azure. It is possible that Microsoft offered Nvidia a reduced rate on their cloud rental fees in exchange for support.

• angry
Reactions: EN250

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Wait, if xbox global market share is 70/30 then how many series consoles have been sold? We know ps4+ps5 is around 150mil so far, so xbo+series is only 65m? Ampere estimated xbone at 51m so only 14m for series???

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
When i see these splits in sales and market share and the moeny microsoft is burning through, i have to ask myself, WHY are they doing this? Theyve spent close to 100 billion this generation alone and are going to be doing worse than the previous generation. Why waste all this time, money, and energy?
They were doing it to further the Windows monopoly and try to run Sony out of business.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
LMFAO Activision/Blizzard is just poking fun at how pathetic Sony is being.

This whole ordeal, if nothing else, will have definitely put MS in a better position to negotiate with Activision about exclusivity deals and marketing after Sony's term is up.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

This whole ordeal, if nothing else, will have definitely put MS in a better position to negotiate with Activision about exclusivity deals and marketing after Sony's term is up.

Nah more like Lulu is looking for a payday.

If anything she is embarrassing herself.

Wasn’t she the idiot who said The Last of Us TV series is reason for this acquisition to go through?

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022

How pathetic Sony is being?

I still don't understand takes like this. How is not wanting to hand over a massive publisher to their closest competitor in terms of the market they are going after, being "pathetic"?

Trying to buy your way into success/a market is whats pathetic IMO. And why would Activision want to start signing deals with the side that is losing? Unless of course MS is willing to just keep losing money on all of this, but I really don't think that would be in the cards.

Seriously these "memes" seem incredibly defensive. I think Lulu is just starting to sweat not getting a big payday post merger.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Ironic that they leave out Nintendo's marketshare after publicising how they agreed a ten year CoD deal earlier 😄

Reactions: EN250