MS President Brad Smith: In Europe, PlayStation has 80% Marketshare, Xbox has 20%. Globally it’s 70/30

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
the same could be said for sony fans about nintendo but none of the talking points they use to hurt xbox have any affect on nintendo.

-Nintendo has been in the industry longer than Sony
-Nintendo has stronger 1st party exclusives than Sony
-Nintendo is even more beloved and successful in japan than Sony
-Switch is selling extremely well and has surpassed PS4
-Square Enix loves us

Bird Deal With It GIF by MOODMAN

the only thing they have on nintendo is hardware power, and that usually only rears its head when the salt and port begging begins over Switch exclusives (Bayonetta, Japanese games, Square Enix games, etc).

Like clockwork after every Nintendo Direct is usually a slew of Sony, Xbox and PC fans scrambling for port confirmation over the 3rd party games shown, lol.
I can be considered a Sony fan and I'm amiable with Nintendo... I even wanted to buy a Switch (I waited so much that now I will wait the next device... my first priority is PSVR2).

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
the same could be said for sony fans about nintendo but none of the talking points they use to hurt xbox have any affect on nintendo.

-Nintendo has been in the industry longer than Sony
-Nintendo has stronger 1st party exclusives than Sony
-Nintendo is even more beloved and successful in japan than Sony
-Switch is selling extremely well and has surpassed PS4
-Square Enix loves us

Bird Deal With It GIF by MOODMAN

the only thing they have on nintendo is hardware power, and that usually only rears its head when the salt and port begging begins over Switch exclusives (Bayonetta, Japanese games, Square Enix games, etc).

Like clockwork after every Nintendo Direct is usually a slew of Sony, Xbox and PC fans scrambling for port confirmation over the 3rd party games shown, lol.
Ah, the mature thoughts of a Nintenyearold.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
100%. I was reading that place and I thought I was on XboxEra. They have the same fantasies of Xbox dominating Sony.

It makes no sense to me because PS5 owners also have a Nintendo Switch (I have 2) and they are both Japanese companies. I thought we were allies but obviously not. They hate Sony as much as xbots. Weird.
Nintendolts hate Sony because Sony got all the third parties on board with the first PlayStation by not treating them like shit the way Nintendo always did.

Much like Xbots, Nintendolts refuse to accept that their console maker of choice/surrogate family fucked up their own business and allowed Sony to overtake them.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
The thing is... Sony fans usually have a Switch...
not always. Switch owners get the usual crap from all angles. Especially when it comes to 3rd party exclusives, people get PISSED when they see Switch get anything. then it all devolves into the usual "kiddy"or poor graphics BS.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
not always. Switch owners get the usual crap from all angles. Especially when it comes to 3rd party exclusives, people get PISSED when they see Switch get anything. then it all devolves into the usual "kiddy"or poor graphics BS.
I'm not sure what forums you frequent but almost nobody comes after the switch. I, like many playstation owners have a switch as a second console. Nintendo discussions are often in their own lane and rarely overlap with the home consoles. Nintendo fans often diss their own platforms and games (pokemon's performance).

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I'm not sure what forums you frequent but almost nobody comes after the switch. I, like many playstation owners have a switch as a second console. Nintendo discussions are often in their own lane and rarely overlap with the home consoles. Nintendo fans often diss their own platforms and games (pokemon's performance).

read the comments here. Doesn't help there's also the Steam Brick fanboy beggars after us now too. :LOL:

People just really hate to see Switch's success in Japan for some reason.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
What holds them back is Microsoft’s insanely awful management. Look up the interview from the head of the studio that was hired to make the Phantom Dust reboot, it’s a fucking horror story including such gems as MS hiring an outside CGI firm to make a trailer that they showed at E3 one year without even telling the devs they were wanting to show it!

That was when Phil was head of XBGS!
Yeah I remember that the devs were not happy with that at all.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
did find this one funny though.

Games have started saying 'Coming to PC, PS5 and other consoles' in their trailers.

View attachment 659

Xbox is that damned irrelevant, lol. Imagine having to google after every trailer to see if your platform even gets a game!

View attachment 660
Getting the old “And the rest” treatment from the Gilligan’s Island theme song!

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
but nintendo were the ones who fucked sony.

from that point on, sony created Playstation
Yeap in business terms but for fans it was other way around.
It was Sony steling "their" franchises.

I can understand because the gamers should only deal with what come or not for it platform and not about what happened in the backstage.
I believe Square Soft was what did more hurt the feelings and they really increased a lot the output on PS (Square Soft released several games per year on PS).

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
but nintendo were the ones who fucked sony.

from that point on, sony created Playstation
And, contrary to the current narrative on GAF, Sony Computer Entertainment wasn’t using money from Sony Corporation to make the PlayStation.

Sony Imagesoft was the original name of the division, and they were a highly successful software publisher on Japanese PCs, including the MSX, and the Famicom and Super Famicom.

It was their experiences as a Nintendo third-party publisher that guided their approach to third-party relationships with the PlayStation. They revolutionized the industry by actually treating third-party publishers and developers as partners instead of competitors, as they believed that sharing information and supporting developers outside Sony would grow the business and strengthen the platform.

In contrast, Nintendo treated their third-party partners like vassals, and SEGA went as far as withholding improved SDKs from developers for as long as a year to make their own games more advanced than those made by the companies paying them a cut to put games on their platform!

No wonder Sony’s approach led to the widest support for their platforms, huh?