MS President Brad Smith: In Europe, PlayStation has 80% Marketshare, Xbox has 20%. Globally it’s 70/30

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

skip to 2h:43m in for some good laughs. The two biggest xbox fans have mental breakdowns over how upset they are that everyone thinks xbox is a joke. You can hear the pain in Rand's voice.

It must be absolutely miserable to be an xbox-main gamer. God forbid an Xbox-only gamer.
Rand is like, there is constant negativity around xbox, and it's not fair,

Later he says he wants to make more content/ videos but there is basically nothing happening for him to do it lol.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
they're really suffering. Jez says windiws central's traffic is down, and in 2022 because xbox released no games none of his articles were hitting.

The only thing he had with a modicum of hits was a persona 5 social link guide.

It's got to be tough for content creators on the xbox side. With such few releases, and such an uncertain brand future, it must be very worrying.

While we point and laugh and poke fun on forums, and this stuff really doesn't affect us, there are people who have their livelihood tied to xbox, and its impending failure.

I do actually feel sorry for them.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

skip to 2h:43m in for some good laughs. The two biggest xbox fans have mental breakdowns over how upset they are that everyone thinks xbox is a joke. You can hear the pain in Rand's voice.

It must be absolutely miserable to be an xbox-main gamer. God forbid an Xbox-only gamer.
The worst part is when they talk about the Series X not being in stock.Not only are the things not in stock, they are pretty far down in the video games top selling items list on Amazon, I mean they barely make the top 100, and the Series S is nowhere to be seen.

The only thing xbox is selling are games controllers at this point (which must be bought by PC gamers).

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The worst part is when they talk about the Series X not being in stock.Not only are the things not in stock, they are pretty far down in the video games top selling items list on Amazon, I mean they barely make the top 100, and the Series S is nowhere to be seen.

The only thing xbox is selling are games controllers at this point (which must be bought by PC gamers).
but who even then buy xbox controller when dualsense is supported on PC? unless people are used so much to shit, they don't want to change.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
but who even then buy xbox controller when dualsense is supported on PC? unless people are used so much to shit, they don't want to change.
xbox controllers have wider support and require much less fiddling. Also, if you have a PS5 it's easier to differentiate which is which if your PC has only xbox controllers.

I don't want to get into arguments about which is "best" because honestly I don't care that much. To me all modern controllers are pretty good.

Reactions: EN250

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
they're really suffering. Jez says windiws central's traffic is down, and in 2022 because xbox released no games none of his articles were hitting.

It's got to be tough for content creators on the xbox side. With such few releases, and such an uncertain brand future, it must be very worrying.

While we point and laugh and poke fun on forums, and this stuff really doesn't affect us, there are people who have their livelihood tied to xbox, and its impending failure.

I don’t.

Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

D

Deleted member 417

Then they should write articles about Microsoft could and should be better, how they've abandoned the old ways and have embraced a failing future.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Then they should write articles about Microsoft could and should be better, how they've abandoned the old ways and have embraced a failing future.
That would require more honesty and integrity than anyone who would be willing to work for a Microsoft propaganda outlet would ever possess.

Also, MS hasn’t abandoned the “old ways”, they’ve always been a shitty monopolistic company that tries to bully customers, competitors and regulators. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either dangerously ignorant and naive or maliciously disingenuous.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

I don't why would you write for a place thats just Microsoft centric? Also why be beholden to just xbox? If the site is called Windows Central there's a lot of gaming tech you can talk about. Shit I would be hyping Balders Gate 3 for PC? I would be hyping Diablo 4? All those have to run on windows? Why not do articles about PC where theres a lot of shit happening in the gaming sphere?

It's because Jez and others get incentivized by the parent company in some way or fashion. Either it be direct or Ad share revenue based or whatever.
Thats on Kotaku, Polygon, Thurott, Windows Central, The Verge all taking money indirectly from influencing companies to promote/write certain shit.
Well guess what since you sold any integrity long ago when you started writing for specific site and knew what the deal was, its time to pay the piper.

Say what you will but VGC/Grubb/ Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg though stock market driven sites, write bascially about everything. Nothing is off limits in creating articles about anything tech/games.
There is no such thing as Gaming Journalist. Jason is really the only one.
No sympathy, I work in News Industry and work with real Journalists.

These guys like Jez, are nothing but bottom feeders who dont even know what being a real journalist is.
Say what you will about jason and some of his tweets and how he comes off sometimes. But the guy is professional, most of the time.
jez, Tom Warren throw tantrums and shade to drum up reactions.
Tom Warran will cover things that he knows will get traction and he does so very unevenly in showing his Bias. But whatever.

When it comes to Jez seeing his twitter in how he acts like a child, I have no sympathy. guy is a clown.
That goes for anyone who bent the knee in getting paid by entities outside their company, and for bending the knee in their narratives when it comes to writing on hot topics in games that have some kind of political charge behind it.

News is suppose to be that, News as it comes without opinion added.
But in Video games thats not a thing. It's all opinion and politics now instead of it just being about the actual content, people who made said content.

So no, they all can get fucked. Minus people I mentioned.

Last edited:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
installbase taught me that Nintendo fans and xbox fans act exactly the same, only Nintendo has a better first party that they can fall back on. They hate Sony just as much as xbots, which is why they all suddenly decided to take MS' side in this acquisition foolishness.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
installbase taught me that Nintendo fans and xbox fans act exactly the same, only Nintendo has a better first party that they can fall back on. They hate Sony just as much as xbots, which is why they all suddenly decided to take MS' side in this acquisition foolishness.
I believe some old Nintendo fans can't forget the SNES to PS1 period where most 3rd-party franchises migrated to PS1.
Some believes Sony betrayed Nintendo 🤷‍♂️.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: EN250

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
the same could be said for sony fans about nintendo but none of the talking points they use to hurt xbox have any affect on nintendo.

-Nintendo has been in the industry longer than Sony
-Nintendo has stronger 1st party exclusives than Sony
-Nintendo is even more beloved and successful in japan than Sony
-Switch is selling extremely well and has surpassed PS4
-Square Enix loves us

Bird Deal With It GIF by MOODMAN

the only thing they have on nintendo is hardware power, and that usually only rears its head when the salt and port begging begins over Switch exclusives (Bayonetta, Japanese games, Square Enix games, etc).

Like clockwork after every Nintendo Direct is usually a slew of Sony, Xbox and PC fans scrambling for port confirmation over the 3rd party games shown, lol.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

Dont feel sorry for them. Theyre just as much as unhinged, dangerous, clinically insane cult members as the restera and twitter crowd. If not for them this cult may not be as large or radicalized. I genueinly expect some of these xbots to commit acts of violence if this activision deal falls through and jez is one of the lead pied pipers, in my opinion

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
the same could be said for sony fans about nintendo but none of the talking points they use to hurt xbox have any affect on nintendo.

-Nintendo has been in the industry longer than Sony
-Nintendo has stronger 1st party exclusives than Sony
-Nintendo is even more beloved and successful in japan than Sony
-Switch is selling extremely well and has surpassed PS4
-Square Enix loves us

Bird Deal With It GIF by MOODMAN

the only thing they have on nintendo is hardware power, and that usually only rears its head when the salt and port begging begins over Switch exclusives (Bayonetta, Japanese games, Square Enix games, etc).

Like clockwork after every Nintendo Direct is usually a slew of Sony, Xbox and PC fans scrambling for port confirmation over the 3rd party games shown, lol.
The thing is... Sony fans usually have a Switch...

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
100%. I was reading that place and I thought I was on XboxEra. They have the same fantasies of Xbox dominating Sony.

It makes no sense to me because PS5 owners also have a Nintendo Switch (I have 2) and they are both Japanese companies. I thought we were allies but obviously not. They hate Sony as much as xbots. Weird.

Reactions: nongkris