MS President Brad Smith: In Europe, PlayStation has 80% Marketshare, Xbox has 20%. Globally it’s 70/30

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Pretty much the same, but with some superfluous “u”S added.
I think the numbers might actually be a bit closer to PlayStation's in the US and UK, which hurts the "Sony has too much of a lead" argument with the relevant regulators. Will be interesting to see what charts they use when they speak with the CMA.

Last edited:

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Nah, the MS president stated some facts. PS outperforms Xbox revenue wise:
  • 2.33:1 worldwide
  • 4:1 in Europe
  • 24:1 in Japan
It would be nice to close this gap a bit, having a better direct competition would engage Sony to do it better.

Just make them sign that CoD will remain on PS not only 10 years, but as long as CoD and PS remain relevant, and extend it to (some time after release) PS+ and PS Cloud gaming. The regulators, Sony and MS would be happy with this.
I still rather the deal collapse I don’t even care about cod. Microsoft is untrustworthy and they are just mucking up the industry

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
It would be nice to close this gap a bit, having a better direct competition would engage Sony to do it better.

Just make them sign that CoD will remain on PS not only 10 years, but as long as CoD and PS remain relevant, and extend it to (some time after release) PS+ and PS Cloud gaming. The regulators, Sony and MS would be happy with this.
Maybe expand that to a couple of other ABK games and Sony might be happy with it, though "as long as it's relevant" is probably way too vague.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
5656.jpg

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
He's on another forum, still having meltdowns.

The worst part about being an xbox fan, is that you cannot critique or criticise or compare modern-day Xbox. I would take Og Xbox and Xbox 360 over PS2 and PS3 any day of the week. However, if an xbox fan points out that the direction Xbox is going in, and has gone in, is the wrong one, you get labelled a Sony fanboy. This happens on every gaming website. It's particularly frustrating that I had an xbox day one, I, like many, are true xbox fans because we got in there early and stuck with it.

On the flip side, you can critique Sony and Nintendo as a Sony or Nintendo fan and most will have a discussion with you. Xbox fans are their own worst enemies.
Where? lol

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
It's much better for MS than I had anticipated.
Xbox has more studios and games in production than PlayStation. They have all the resources to compete if they want to. And if they still can't compete despite having more resources, it is up to them and then they don't deserve to have their market share increased.
They have also been on a buying spree for at least 5 years now? I can't believe none of their studios had something already in the pipeline when they got them (we know they all did).

So there is really good no reason we have not seen a steady flow of exclusive AAA games from them since 2019 or something.

Well, let me correct that, there must be a reason, we just don't know what is actually holding them back.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It's much better for MS than I had anticipated.

They have also been on a buying spree for at least 5 years now? I can't believe none of their studios had something already in the pipeline when they got them (we know they all did).

So there is really good no reason we have not seen a steady flow of exclusive AAA games from them since 2019 or something.

Well, let me correct that, there must be a reason, we just don't know what is actually holding them back.
What holds them back is Microsoft’s insanely awful management. Look up the interview from the head of the studio that was hired to make the Phantom Dust reboot, it’s a fucking horror story including such gems as MS hiring an outside CGI firm to make a trailer that they showed at E3 one year without even telling the devs they were wanting to show it!

That was when Phil was head of XBGS!

D

Deleted member 417

Just checked the InstallBase forums.
Every forum is the same. Xbots crying because regulators aren’t letting their Microsoft overlord rule the market.
It’s even ridiculous they believe they know better than the regulators.
Is installbase a new forum? Today is the first day i've heard of it. I'm guessing it's a pro xbox site like every other gaming forum?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Is installbase a new forum? Today is the first day i've heard of it. I'm guessing it's a pro xbox site like every other gaming forum?
The forum was created by the guys that did the NPD, PAL and Media Create threads on ERA (the same that did on GAF on the past)… they are very small but a lot active with the sales news/data.

I think the forum was created in 2021 with ERA exodus.

The staff is neutral I believe but greens are everywhere :D