MS President Brad Smith: In Europe, PlayStation has 80% Marketshare, Xbox has 20%. Globally it’s 70/30

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
20% in Europe??? That is a lot... I expected less. I am not good at math but did they bundle Nintendo with Xbox?

• haha
Reactions: EN250
D

Deleted member 417

So Nintendo owns 0% of the market, despite being the current best selling console?

• haha

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Nah, Nintendo is not relevant to the home console space. It’s a handheld.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
About the end of 2022… 31:69 ratio.

FpgxcXJWAAw8gmV

Edit - If we use the Sony 7.1m shipment that is around 3.2m for Series…

Last edited:

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
so why they are bragging about deal with Nintendo? so which is it? important or not important?

m$ is just braindead.
lol yeah. Nintendo's not a competitor, but let the deal pass because we're giving nintendo the game!

this dude brad smith was their top lawyer at one point too, lol. what an absolute clown.

• haha

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
nVidia ia now supporting the acquisition.

The partnership delivers increased choice to gamers an d resolves NVIDIA’s concerns with Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard. NVIDIA therefore is offering its full support for regulatory approval of the acquisition.

Hypocrisy lol
nVidia was one of the strong opposition for the deal.

• Surprised

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I can’t imagine anyone who gives a shit about them peddling cloud bs.

Oh yay.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
They purposefully left nintendo out to make sony look as evil as possible.
Oh am I not surprised.
Nintendo isn't a proper competitor to xbox
I get that Nintendo had carved their own market share/identity that is very different than Sony and MS but the focus only on Sony is very deliberate.

Since he is being that specific, he should also point out that MS is a multibillion company and Sony isn't, therefore Sony cannot compete with acquisitions at the same level as MS thus Sony has all the right to complain. MS couldn't compete because of decades of bad decisions so buying the gaming industry left and right is alarming.

There I've solved the case :D

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I’m not against the deal as some guys here already knows but I expect it to have a fair analysis in the government commissions.

Said that the MS common strategy to make the deal pass…

- Buy Nintendo support.
- Buy nVidia support.
- Buy ???

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I’m not against the deal as some guys here already knows but I expect it to have a fair analysis in the government commissions.

Said that the MS common strategy to make the deal pass…

- Buy Nintendo support.
- Buy nVidia support.
- Buy ???

The third was to buy Sony support.

Sony is wisely fighting back. And they should. If they can hurt them while MS just buys their way into relevance… go for it.