Naughty Dog confirms PC will be in their development pipeline going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Some games will have more room on high end hardware. That's not all games as several can't achieve higher than 60fps without DLSS.

You guys...sigh
"You guys" - you mean actual multiplatform gamers?

Honestly I love PC gaming, but PCMR zealots that feel the need to state it's superiority is incredibly cringe.

Games could look much better while still offering incredibly high frame rates. So much untapped power. Raytracing...what 35 games lol. Certain people on here sound like Nvidia PR puppets 😄

You guys...so easily triggered 🤦

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Why would Sony post this on the PSBlog? PlayStation owners don’t care about PC. It has nothing to do with PlayStation. Making a 10 paragraph post about PC development to your console fanbase is so out of touch. Sony cannot read the room this generation. They’re just flailing their arms around.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
How would PC not be in their development pipeline? Sony already stated Gaas games would also be on PC day one, we all know this includes games such as The Last of Us Factions which will more than likely be a huge mp/gaas game. What am I missing with this news? This was confirmed over a month ago.

Porting a game doesn’t mean it’s in your development pipeline. It’s just putting a game on PC. What this means is from now on PS5 is not going to be exclusively from the ground up a baseline for their development with things like tools and the way they build their engine. PC will be taking into account and everything they do now with built around PC also.

They’re already making compromises-

We also needed to account for the variability of PC hardware as it pertains to data loading, and so we reworked our engine to add a "safety valve" of sorts to ensure a smooth gameplay experience across various PC specs. This isn’t something we’ve had to worry about since the Jak and Daxter days, when we added an animation of Jak stumbling if data was loading in too slowly.

This is why exclusives games are important. Focusing on one hardware is always better than having to worry about some limitation that a weaker hardware can’t handle so you downgrade your entire game across all platforms.

What I find crazy is that Naughty Dog is mentioning this like it’s a good thing and something to be proud of. You never had to do this before for decades and now you do and you think this is something PlayStation fans want to hear? Fuck off with that bullshit.

Is Naughty Dog not going to take advantage of PS5 5.5GB/22GB SSD because now they have to adjust their games for some garbage PC hardware? What was the point of Mark Cerny making such a high end SSD then?

This shit not cool at all.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
You're also missing the point.

What good are all those extra frames if they exceed the refresh rate of your monitor lol.
They don’t. You overestimate the cards power.

Death stranding barely holds 120fpa at 4k. I am using dlss quality to stay there.
Resident evil 2 ray Traci g runs like garbage. Maybe 70fps.

The first game I played on it was cyberpunk and I had to lock it to 30…

The cards are great but the power is not going to waste. I have gsync with 120fpa ceiling. Card never works harder than it can display

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Uncharted Collection literally runs like a dream on my PC. They did all the main things right.. like pre-compiling shaders. More games need to do that!

But yea, Ultrawide UC is great, and I can't wait for TLOU P1 in ultrawide at 150+fps native 4K :love:

20221022091245-1.jpg

20221022092745-1.jpg

20221022093129-1.jpg

20221022094401-1.jpg

D

Deleted member 13

Honestly I love PC gaming, but PCMR zealots that feel the need to state it's superiority is incredibly cringe.
Is not about bragging about the PC. It's about seeing the push in graphics tech being attributed to the PC and not the consoles generation. It's so dumb for people to say "oh, it played on ps5 at 1080p/30fps. I'm hurt because it could've ran at 4k/60 if there was no Series S". They have no idea how the game engine processes data or the complexity of the algorithms. It's a false claim as to not have the consoles look bad because of lack of bandwidth.

D

Deleted member 13

Porting a game doesn’t mean it’s in your development pipeline. It’s just putting a game on PC. What this means is from now on PS5 is not going to be exclusively from the ground up a baseline for their development with things like tools and the way they build their engine. PC will be taking into account and everything they do now with built around PC also.

This is why exclusives games are important. Focusing on one hardware is always better than having to worry about some limitation that a weaker hardware can’t handle so you downgrade your entire game across all platforms.

What I find crazy is that Naughty Dog is mentioning this like it’s a good thing and something to be proud of. You never had to do this before for decades and now you do and you think this is something PlayStation fans want to hear? Fuck off with that bullshit.

Is Naughty Dog not going to take advantage of PS5 5.5GB/22GB SSD because now they have to adjust their games for some garbage PC hardware? What was the point of Mark Cerny making such a high end SSD then?

He only mentioned data loading. That doesnt mean the entire game is going to take a hit because of it. Look how good the games looked on the PS4.

This will just be multiplatform now. That doesn't mean garbage as the exclusives last gen had no technical advantage over 3rd party games.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Uncharted Collection literally runs like a dream on my PC. They did all the main things right.. like pre-compiling shaders. More games need to do that!

But yea, Ultrawide UC is great, and I can't wait for TLOU P1 in ultrawide at 150+fps native 4K :love:

20221022091245-1.jpg

20221022092745-1.jpg

20221022093129-1.jpg

20221022094401-1.jpg
Weird DF said it is not a good port.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Does not in anyway cancel my comment. They have already statedfrom ground up they'll be including pc in gaas games. My comment still stands as an inference to initial statement by them. Problem is too many ppl are stuck in this "only ps5 exclusive narrative" we need to get over tht.

Reactions: Deleted member 13

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
It's just basic in a way that it's not offering any improvements of "ultra" type over the original.
It's also got some problems with LOD and Motion blur that migth be broken.

But all the basic stuff like resolutions, no fps locks and so on are all good

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
No they didn't. They said it was satisfactory.

I agree with that. It doesn't go above and beyond for PC players.... but it's extremely solid technically. They pre-compile shaders, and it runs beautifully for me.

Hell, I JUST finished the Madagascar and clock tower/bike scene parts of Uncharted 4 on the Steam Deck and I was just blown away at seeing it run on the Steam Deck.

Reactions: Deleted member 13

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No they didn't. They said it was satisfactory.

I agree with that. It doesn't go above and beyond for PC players.... but it's extremely solid technically. They pre-compile shaders, and it runs beautifully for me.

Hell, I JUST finished the Madagascar and clock tower/bike scene parts of Uncharted 4 on the Steam Deck and I was just blown away at seeing it run on the Steam Deck.
Why? it is a PS4 game… I mean SteamDeck is very similar to PS4 in hardware specs and Uncharted 4 was designed to PS4.

And DF said a lot of issue with the PC port… I made the summary.. it was called the worst Sony PC port until now… worst than Horizon port at launch.

Unless you really have low expectations the port was not good.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Why? it is a PS4 game… I mean SteamDeck is very similar to PS4 in hardware specs and Uncharted 4 was designed to PS4.

And DF said a lot of issue with the PC port… I made the summary.. it was called the worst Sony PC port until now… worst than Horizon port at launch.

Unless you really have low expectations the port was not good.
Because Steam Deck runs on a mere fraction of the power, and is portable...... :rolleyes:

LOL no, it's not the worst Sony port, and it's certainly not worse than Horizon was at launch.

DF also did most of their original review on a pre-patched version of the game. They said as far as ports go, it's satisfactory.

Sorry I don't give a shit if a few tiny blades of grass are missing in the far off distance while I'm running it at over 160fps at 4K in ultrawide....

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Because Steam Deck runs on a mere fraction of the power, and is portable...... :rolleyes:

LOL no, it's not the worst Sony port, and it's certainly not worse than Horizon was at launch.

DF also did most of their original review on a pre-patched version of the game. They said as far as ports go, it's satisfactory.

Sorry I don't give a shit if a few tiny blades of grass are missing in the far off distance while I'm running it at over 160fps at 4K in ultrawide....
Fraction?

SteamDesk has a way better CPU and the CPU is basically the same… it is 0.2TFs difference but SteamDesk is RDNA 2 while PS4 is GCN 1.1. SteamDesk has more RAM too.

I mean are you trying to say SteamDesk specs are lower than PS4? What portable has to do with the hardware?

I will ask again what is so impressive about SteamDesk running a game made for PS4 when SteamDesk is at least a similar machine?

OP
OP
DynamiteCop

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022

Lmfao give me a break. No other multiplatform developer seems to have these issues.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Easy on the name calling, There is no need.
Fraction?

SteamDesk has a way better CPU and the CPU is basically the same… it is 0.2TFs difference but SteamDesk is RDNA 2 while PS4 is GCN 1.1. SteamDesk has more RAM too.

I mean are you trying to say SteamDesk specs are lower than PS4? What portable has to do with the hardware?

I will ask again what is so impressive about SteamDesk running a game made for PS4 when SteamDesk is at least a similar machine?
Jesus christ shut the fuck up.

If you're too stupid not sure about what's impressive about it, I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you.. since you've made up your mind that it isn't.

And yes... a fraction.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Jesus christ shut the fuck up.

If you're too stupid not sure about what's impressive about it, I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you.. since you've made up your mind that it isn't.

And yes... a fraction.
Easy on the name calling, There is no need.
martin lawrence GIF

• thisistheway
Reactions: AniWeeb
Status
Not open for further replies.