New Smaller PS5 console coming this holiday season

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
It will look better with matte black plates in the digital setup. The smaller profile will help.

Hopefully there will be a black and chrome stand too.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Not an exciting news if you already have ps5

Just show us more games

Banana

10 Jan 2023
Lets be honest, when has a slim version ever looked better than the default version? I can count one time (XBO) and thats only because the original was awful. Other than that its always a step ip in utility, a step down in function.

Fake edit: Okay, maybe the model 2 Genesis was prettier, though less utile.
PS2 slim is the best looking console Sony has ever produced.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Somebody needs to hack trashera and delete that site from the internet.

These fucking loser crybabies complain about everything. No way do these jaded fucks play any games and have gaming as their hobby. I refuse to believe that.

I myself don’t like the design too much but that’s it. I don’t hate it. It looks ok. These motherfuckers look for anything and everything to complain about PlayStation and exaggerate it to 1000.

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
0cb39ce2-918e-5675-ac36-6783f42d796e

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Announced through a blog post, as well as directly competing with the Spiderman PS5 and new covers that were just announced. Yeah playstation marketing has truly lost touch

I do find it strange they announced it with so many millions of the current model still available. It’s even fallen a bit on Amazon.

Good news for me and people who still prefer the look of the original. I might buy another one. No need to rush now.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I do find it strange they announced it with so many millions of the current model still available. It’s even fallen a bit on Amazon.

Good news for me and people who still prefer the look of the original. I might buy another one. No need to rush now.
They may have started producing these in large quantities weeks ago, maybe a few months ago, and have to eventually ship out.

My guess we will see more discounts on the current model to get them off shelves.

• Informative
Reactions: On Demand

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They may have started producing these in large quantities weeks ago, maybe a few months ago, and have to eventually ship out.

My guess we will see more discounts on the current model to get them off shelves.
If it's on shelves in November expect the production ramp to have started in april-june

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That's a solid size decrease, about the size of a ps4 pro now, a bit taller. I think they'll use the standard ps5 form factor for the pro

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Somebody needs to hack trashera and delete that site from the internet.

These fucking loser crybabies complain about everything. No way do these jaded fucks play any games and have gaming as their hobby. I refuse to believe that.

I myself don’t like the design too much but that’s it. I don’t hate it. It looks ok. These motherfuckers look for anything and everything to complain about PlayStation and exaggerate it to 1000.
Some of them are “embarrassed” to show the console on their living room. How sad a life must that be.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Some of them are “embarrassed” to show the console on their living room. How sad a life must that be.
Fake talking point imo. PS5 design language is excellent, it's instantly recognizable and a very strong marketing point as it keeps the ps5 in the public consciousness. People who dislike the aesthetic will simply hide it behind other things.

Reactions: Swift_Star