ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What did they get wrong? 🤔
Leakers well leaked some render of what was the new PS5 Slim model.
All fake.

The only leaker that got it right was that one.

I won't give credits to fake leakers but these are the supposed Slim.

version1uuid0F0391D1-E08B-40C4-B138-DE3AB4201BACmodecompatiblenoloc0.jpg

4oZsdi6Qp6HuyND59KEhC8.jpg

PS5-Slim-Leaked-Video-Expected-Release-Date-Price-Features-and-More-e1691912557853.webp

ps5-slims.jpg

Sony_Playstation_5_Pro_Rendervideo.jpeg

images

imagem_2023-03-14_113428387.png

Last edited:

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Oh since the summer. Is the slim also a price increase or are they leaving the price the same?
In general, PlayStation slim models have always brought a price reduction on the old model.

The PS5 Slim is the same price when it goes up in August 2022, which is frankly incomprehensible given that they now have a better grasp of production costs.
The price is supposed to go down or at worst back to the old price, i.e. 399 and 499, not 449 and 549.

Reactions: toadsage44

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Oh since the summer. Is the slim also a price increase or are they leaving the price the same?

Actually it is stealth price increase. Maybe because it is now 1TB SSD internal. Also, if you buy disc add on for it will cost you 530$ in the end, 20$ less than Disc. So, it is more expensive and cheaper. 😁

D

Deleted member 223

The good:

Disc drive option is still offered.
Slimer, refined.
Digital has the option of attaching an ad-hoc disc drive.

The Bad:

No Vertical Stand. Sold separately. Facepalm.
No plate consistency for special edition plates going forward - leaving the OG behind - sorta.
No price drop.
Digital model price increase in the U.S for $50. Also, a $50 price difference between models is the sort of number that you can justify for the disc drive inclusion/exclusion. The $500 vs. $400 = $100 split difference was not justified by the exclusion of the disc drive. Thus, the disc drive version should have been $449.99 at launch but Sony tried to incentivize digital only adoption to fatten the margins. Glad that has not gone any further.

No incentive to switch unless the size difference in a side by side comparison compels me to.

Reactions: flaccidsnake

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Btw they said 30% smaller volume so it's not gonna be 30% smaller in dimensions, if they shrank all 3 axes equally it'll be 11% smaller in each direction, or 20% smaller in one direction and 6% smaller in the other 2 directions.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Liking the slimmer look and I think that aspect is gonna go well with a lot of people if they're using cabinet for their setup. For me and others this slim refresh is irrelevant since the internal specs are the same as current model. Bring on the Pro, baby. That's all I care about.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Btw they said 30% smaller volume so it's not gonna be 30% smaller in dimensions, if they shrank all 3 axes equally it'll be 11% smaller in each direction, or 20% smaller in one direction and 6% smaller in the other 2 directions.
The blog has all dimensions.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
This totally went over my head. The new model comes with 1 TB of storage. I wonder if the controller still has 12 channels.

Good question. It probably still does but with higher than 64GB a channel?

I believe they have to keep it at 12. They were designed that way specificity for the PS5 SSD.

It has 6 priority levels. So if they did change it to smaller amount I wonder how that would affect games?

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
OK, but can I buy a disc drive and replace the one on the disc version? Or does this, for some strange reason, only work on digital consoles?

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
OK, but can I buy a disc drive and replace the one on the disc version? Or does this, for some strange reason, only work on digital consoles?
I would think the issue really is the original disc version wasn't really designed to be able to attach a disc drive in the same fashion. Looking at the new disc drive looks like they made changes to the ps5 to add a slot for the disc to go in easily.

Disc drives are pretty reliable from my experience, or has yours failed and you want to replace it?

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Hmm is that to actual scale?

Cause that would be a decent drop in size for the height.

I straight away assumed the 30% would be them just taking the total shrinkage in all dimensions and height wouldn't change too much.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Hmm is that to actual scale?

Cause that would be a decent drop in size for the height.

I straight away assumed the 30% would be them just taking the total shrinkage in all dimensions and height wouldn't change too much.
Yes, approximately.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
What was the point of doing this if there’s still 2 models? It was said the idea was to make manufacturing easier with one model?????

At least that’s what that person said whatever his name is.
I think they're the same model, but you have to buy the drive separately if you get the digital version and change your mind later.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Man the new design is utter trash. Why couldn't they make the plate sections more flush? The line in the middle of the console looks stupid af