"Next year is going to be very, very big for Sony First Party games" industry veteran Shinobi

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
- Venom
- Astrobot
- Firesprite's game
- Bluepoint's game
- Death Stranding 2

Those are all on the table.

Santa Monica's new IP can also be a very strong possibility.

2026 will likely have: Wolverine, Horizon multiplayer game, Naughty Dog's next game, Ghost of Tsushima 2, etc.

Things are packed for PlayStation gamers!
This is sarcasm, right?

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Don't criticise citizen
If you do, you must be X group
X group is undesirable
Only our group would not notice things
Ignore the patterns
Go back to sleep

I'm only looking forward to one game this year Dragons Dogma 2.
Using multiplats to prove another platform is better doesn't count. You should get the memo.

Playstation gets everything + their own and they're still criticized for droughts 🤷‍♂️

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Using multiplats to prove another platform is better doesn't count. You should get the memo.

Playstation gets everything + their own and they're still criticized for droughts 🤷‍♂️
When did I say another platform was better?
When did I say what platform I would play DD2 on?
Your persecution complex is showing.

Criticising a company deserving of the criticism is justified. If you think four games, two years from now isn't a drought then I don't know what to tell you.

Maybe I've being spoiled by the industry's outputs in previous generations 🤷‍♂️

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Maybe I've being spoiled by the industry's outputs in previous generations 🤷‍♂️
Yes. Making games in 1 year with 50 people. Those days are long gone.

Still, I can barely keep up with all the releases. DD2 took 12 years to make. Maybe you should redirect your criticism to Capcom and other publishers too.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Is the PS5 Pro a sure bet for 2025? This is my only hope of getting a surprise big game, too bad Death Stranding 2 didn't make it to 2024.

Regardless Sony needs to start to announce all the games we'll get by the end of the generation? Why not? Now is the time to push as many sales as they can get, there is ample supply.

Reactions: Box

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Yes. Making games in 1 year with 50 people. Those days are long gone.

And they need to return, quickly. The current method of making games isn't working. Not every game needs to be an interactive movie with 8k visuals and Hollywood musical score.

When the industry cotton's on to the popularity of the games from PS2/PS3 gen and realises they can be made with good visuals in 1080p for a fraction of the resources, things will improve.
Still, I can barely keep up with all the releases. DD2 took 12 years to make. Maybe you should redirect your criticism to Capcom and other publishers too.
Dumb.
I'm not sat around with a capcom console waiting for a capcom exclusive.

And I do direct my criticism to other publishers and Devs and fans. The whole industry is to blame for the current state of affairs. Sony are just following the trend, for some idiot reason.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
And they need to return, quickly. The current method of making games isn't working. Not every game needs to be an interactive movie with 8k visuals and Hollywood musical score.

When the industry cotton's on to the popularity of the games from PS2/PS3 gen and realises they can be made with good visuals in 1080p for a fraction of the resources, things will improve.
Are you buying Banishers, Ultros, Alone in the Dark, Pacific Drive, Robocop? All these AAs still exist but they are ignored by the market (or bought in very low, unsustainable numbers). Put your money where your mouth is.

Square released tons of them between 2021-2023 and they all flopped. They are going back to AAAs, that's what the market wants.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Is the PS5 Pro a sure bet for 2025? This is my only hope of getting a surprise big game, too bad Death Stranding 2 didn't make it to 2024.

Regardless Sony needs to start to announce all the games we'll get by the end of the generation? Why not? Now is the time to push as many sales as they can get, there is ample supply.
PS5 Pro is this year, fall 2024, expect leaks to come out of GDC next month.

• fire
Reactions: Nhomnhom

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Everything we know to be in development can’t possibly all come out in the same year so this insider info is meaningless.

He even cops himself a plea by mentioning development.

He sucks, next.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Not that many difference between insomniac and the other studios

And naughty dog still have twice amount of manpower than insomniac

This shows insomniac are more efficient at producing games has nothing to do with the numbers of employee

Kinda pathetic that Naughty Dog despite having twice the amount of staff can't even release something that isn't yet another re master of the last of us.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Airbus and Johnic