"Next year is going to be very, very big for Sony First Party games" industry veteran Shinobi

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Industry as a whole is slowing down and getting smaller all while some studios get closed or forced to do layoffs but it seems Sony First Party game draught is about to be over.

This started with shinobi saying
pwNhox6.png

Then he expounded further when questioned
xnIw5u0.png

Last edited:

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Next year is our year

formula 1 cars GIF

Joking aside, sony 2025 line up already good with venom and death stranding 2

With some new game announcement it will be great to see and gets people hyped

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I don't doubt these games are in development. But for a whole bunch to drop in 2025 is mismanagement after 2 slow years.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I will not be surprised if one of those turns out to be Wolverine.
They are pretty speedy.

It's great to hope but we know from Insomniac's leak that their target is 2026 for Wolverine.
The game was announced in 2021 but they had just signed the contract at that time, this is similar to Blade's game for Xbox which started development just a few months before the reveal at TGAs last December.
Marvel/Disney just likes to announce the game right away like they do for their movie stuff unlike gaming which tend to keep things a bit closer to their chest.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Industry as a whole is slowing down and getting smaller all while some studios get closed or forced to do layoffs but it seems Sony First Party game draught is about to be over.

Bollocks. People only see a comparison of number of released between PS platforms. Industry as slowing down and game development become complex is totally irrelevant. Just look at this thread :

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
It's great to hope but we know from Insomniac's leak that their target is 2026 for Wolverine.
The game was announced in 2021 but they had just signed the contract at that time, this is similar to Blade's game for Xbox which started development just a few months before the reveal at TGAs last December.
Marvel/Disney just likes to announce the game right away like they do for their movie stuff unlike gaming which tend to keep things a bit closer to their chest.
God damn Dream-smasher

captain america lumber GIF

• Shake
Reactions: Evilnemesis8

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

This started with shinobi saying
pwNhox6.png

Then he expounded further when questioned
xnIw5u0.png
I think the next 4yrs are going to be huge for some with the amount of games they have in development. Also with the success of helldivers2 a lot of ppl not have raised their opinion of ps gaas strategy. Ppl in this forum were talking crap, journalist Xbox 🤡 but now who’s a double A gaas game no one believed has surpassed the last gears, forza, halo, sea of thieves, grounded all that Xbox garbage in concurrent player counts on steam. HD2 has more concurrent players arm than all those Xbox games combined right. And we still have so much more to come like fairgames, twisted metal, London studio multiplayer co-op game, bend co-op game, marathon, concord, horizon guerilla multiplayer project and soft multiplayer project. For Sony player and multiplayer ps is going to dominate the rest of this generation. Goddam we have so much sht coming.☺️

Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I fully expect to see something from Firesprite, Sucker Punch, Housemarque, Asobi and Sony Bend.

Haven - will definitely have to show up too

We know Wolverine will be debuted too

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
I think the next 4yrs are going to be huge for some with the amount of games they have in development. Also with the success of helldivers2 a lot of ppl not have raised their opinion of ps gaas strategy. Ppl in this forum were talking crap, journalist Xbox 🤡 but now who’s a double A gaas game no one believed has surpassed the last gears, forza, halo, sea of thieves, grounded all that Xbox garbage in concurrent player counts on steam. HD2 has more concurrent players arm than all those Xbox games combined right. And we still have so much more to come like fairgames, twisted metal, London studio multiplayer co-op game, bend co-op game, marathon, concord, horizon guerilla multiplayer project and soft multiplayer project. For Sony player and multiplayer ps is going to dominate the rest of this generation. Goddam we have so much sht coming.☺️
Also hd2 is 1k away from 300k concurrent players atm and we aren’t at peak play time.🙌🏽

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
We literally know Wolverine's planned release window, you can all stop dancing around it now.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
God damn Dream-smasher

captain america lumber GIF

Haha, I mean, it's always best to keep expectations in check then get upset by something that was never realistic to begin with.

As Gabe Newell once said: These things, they take time.
You just have to hope that whatever IP/franchise you love, it's not on that Valve schedule, lmao.
Because then you're royally fucked.

• Heart
Reactions: Sircaw

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
I want to believe... But these games probably won't be released in 2025, otherwise we would have had some kind of announcement or information about a big presentation this year, but instead we only hear "PC PC PC PC".

For this year, I have Warhammed Dawn of War on SteamDeck (I'll have to pick it up on sale), and Hogwarts on PS5, as well as a collector's edition of Harry Potter books)

I'm very skeptical about Sony right now, but we'll see what happens next. Although there were rumors about Horizon-MMO, and VR games, perhaps these will be the same "big Sony First Party games" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

i-want-to-believe-poster-print-946855_1024x.jpg

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I want to believe... But these games probably won't be released in 2025, otherwise we would have had some kind of announcement or information about a big presentation this year, but instead we only hear "PC PC PC PC".

For this year, I have Warhammed Dawn of War on SteamDeck (I'll have to pick it up on sale), and Hogwarts on PS5, as well as a collector's edition of Harry Potter books)

I'm very skeptical about Sony right now, but we'll see what happens next.

Gaming in general just in a circle of long development that they can't get out of.
We've seen jack shit of many of the Xbox games that were first revealed in like 2020.
PlayStation has clearly been having issues as far as the GaaS initiative, multiple internal delays and some official and non-official cancellations.
As recently as yesterday we're seeing reports that Nintendo moved Switch 2 release from Fall 2024 to early 2025(obviously, could not be true but still).

Reactions: J_Paganel

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
How can next year be big if nothing beside Death Stranding 2 has been announced? Seems like the old failed narrative of shorter release windows and Sony hidden games again that will make people wait every week for the surprise Showcase that never comes.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Can't wait for 5 live service games at once
That would've probably been the case had their aggressive forecast for whatever number(was it 10?) they had planned before FY 2025 or 2026 had manifested.

But now that's not going to happen.
Factions dead.
Twisted Metal moving from Lucid Games to Firesprite, it ain't coming out anytime soon.
Deviation Games that made sacking 90~ employees last year, that's almost certainly the effect of scrapping whatever project they were working on with PS.