"Next year is going to be very, very big for Sony First Party games" industry veteran Shinobi

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I love your optimism, it's a rare sight these days. That fact that Marc Cerny visited the studio personally and did interviews with Jade Raymond and that the studio got bought before a game release gives me confidence that they will put out quality.
Mark Cerny didn't just "visited the studio personally and did interviews". He's working with them:
https://www.gamesradar.com/jade-ray...ny-to-push-the-technical-capabilities-of-ps5/
https://www.ledevoir.com/economie/670113/jeu-video-sony-mise-sur-montreal-pour-dejouer-microsoft
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/jade-...laystation-studios-and-not-just-with-its-game
https://www.axios.com/2022/10/11/playstation-haven-studios-jade-raymond-mark-cerny

They impressed both him and Hermen Hulst, and both had a lengthy career having worked with and met many great teams, specially from Sony 1st party teams. It shouldn't be easy to impress them.

• Heart
Reactions: Ezekiel

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Once Sony has their PlayStation Showcase in September, 2025 and beyond will be a lot clearer.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I just question the wisdom of launching all of these games in close proximity to GTA6.

Games are more expensive and people have to make choices with their time too.

Hope they have this well thought out.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
We just need to wrap up the Pro release. I’m concerned about it actually coming with everything going on.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Sony Bend and GoT devs will release games next year I predict. In 2026 we'll have Wolverine and maybe Blue Point's next game.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I just question the wisdom of launching all of these games in close proximity to GTA6.

Games are more expensive and people have to make choices with their time too.

Hope they have this well thought out.
What's close proximity to GTA6? GTA6 will likely be end of year

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I'll believe it when I see it.
I could believe it. We already,know DS2 is next year, Venom got leaked for 2025. Firesprite’s games is rumored for 2025, I think Concord is getting delayed to next year, and Grubb mentioned Astrobot, but I think that’s coming next year.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
How can next year be big if nothing beside Death Stranding 2 has been announced? Seems like the old failed narrative of shorter release windows and Sony hidden games again that will make people wait every week for the surprise Showcase that never comes.
Did you forget that Venom got leaked with a 2025 release date?

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Shinobi has no insider info. Ghost of Tsushima 2 won't be released next year. But like every year, Sony will have a good amount of great releases.

Pretty likely the big releases of next year will be Marathon, Fairgame$, Cory's new IP, Team Asobi's next game, something from Firesprite (the rumored Twisted Metal? Until Dawn 2? A PSVR2 friendly Wipeout?), and pretty likely Sony London's new IP and Horizon Online, which could be SIE's first big mobile game (if codeveloped with Netease as rumored it could be console + PC + mobile).

But 4 massive GaaS released in a year having released 2 massive ones the previous year (Condord and Helldivers 2) means they could delay minimum one of them to 2026, I'd say Fairgame$ and Horizon Online. Or Firesprite's MP game. I assume Deviation's game is one of those delayed beyond March 2026.

Their forecast was 10 franchises, 12 when acquired Bungie, and cancelled one of them: TLOU Online. So they are 11 now.

Out of them they already published 4: MLB, GT7, Firewall Ultra and Helldivers 2 (and this isn't including Destiny 2). They said that after reviewing release dates of some of them 6 were basically confirmed to reach their "maximum March 2026" original milestone, while the other ones they knew were going to miss it or were still under evaluation.
Yes he does. He’s a dev and he has friends in the industry. He was the first one to say that MS was going to port games to other platforms.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I want to believe... But these games probably won't be released in 2025, otherwise we would have had some kind of announcement or information about a big presentation this year, but instead we only hear "PC PC PC PC".

For this year, I have Warhammed Dawn of War on SteamDeck (I'll have to pick it up on sale), and Hogwarts on PS5, as well as a collector's edition of Harry Potter books)

I'm very skeptical about Sony right now, but we'll see what happens next. Although there were rumors about Horizon-MMO, and VR games, perhaps these will be the same "big Sony First Party games" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

i-want-to-believe-poster-print-946855_1024x.jpg
WTF are you talking about? Sony doesn’t announce their showcases until a week or 2 before. They’re not Xbox, they don’t announce them months before.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony Bend and GoT devs will release games next year I predict. In 2026 we'll have Wolverine and maybe Blue Point's next game.
I highly doubt they can make current gen only big open world AAA games in 4 years.

Yes he does. He’s a dev and he has friends in the industry. He was the first one to say that MS was going to port games to other platforms.
I'm also a dev with many friends in many companies. We have NDAs and mostly keep the secret (maximum people shares maybe the series or game where is working, if they are ok/happy and if they plan to release soon or if were happy with sales of their previous game, often we don't go beyond that to be respectful with NDAs.

In case of very close friends people may share more in very limited cases when they know that info won't be leaked), plus in most cases unless being in high key positions devs have a different level limited visibility, in many cases people don't know about the games being developed in other studios of the company and sometimes don't even know the release date of their own game until close to release.

I mean, I worked in different roles and even at some point it was head of the CM+support department of my studio in a top publisher and was part of the "War Room" of an E3 to track all feedback in real time and make all the related information, and didn't know about most announcements or games to be shown in our conference outside a couple of them until a few hours just before it started (even if I knew some of the ones that were announed were under development).

And this is in my case, that being head of department I had extra visibility because I had weekly meetings with the head of that department in charge of other studios/IPs of most of the company.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
- Venom
- Astrobot
- Firesprite's game
- Bluepoint's game
- Death Stranding 2

Those are all on the table.

Santa Monica's new IP can also be a very strong possibility.

2026 will likely have: Wolverine, Horizon multiplayer game, Naughty Dog's next game, Ghost of Tsushima 2, etc.

Things are packed for PlayStation gamers!

• haha
Reactions: xollowsob

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
- Venom
- Astrobot
- Firesprite's game
- Bluepoint's game
- Death Stranding 2

Those are all on the table.

Santa Monica's new IP can also be a very strong possibility.

2026 will likely have: Wolverine, Horizon multiplayer game, Naughty Dog's next game, Ghost of Tsushima 2, etc.

Things are packed for PlayStation gamers!
Venom was listed for 2027 in the Insomniac docs. Bluepoint is not working in their own game, after Demon's Souls they did work in GoWR and after release they didn't have enough designers to lead their own game, meaning they are in a support role again if it's true what his boss said that they moved away from remasters/remakes.