Nexus reportedly removing mods that remove pronouns from Starfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

NexusMods is reportedly removing any Starfield mods that seek to remove pronouns

As mentioned earlier, many in the community have been claiming over the past few days that NexusMods was removing all Starfield mods attempting to remove pronouns from the game. At the time of writing, there's no official confirmation.

Other X (previously Twitter) posts discussing the matter soon popped up. One user even shared a reported message from NexusMods regarding the situation, though there's no visible indication that it is an official reply.

A feedback thread on the NexusMods website also had a staff member claiming that the banning of mods that remove pronouns from the game is “allegedly not happening”:

However, a webmaster of Nexus Mods made it clear their stance on mod banning, even if they didn’t address the matter directly:

Nexus Mods is no stranger to banning political based mods. The news post the webmaster linked to, was from the Spider-Man game pride flag mod situation:

M

Last edited:

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Pronouns make sense for games that let you cross male and female visual elements in the character creator.

Reactions: nongkris

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
crushed noo GIF

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
i am confused, once you choose your pronoun at the beginning of the game, that's it,you don't have to deal with any of the other pronoun stuff?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
It's a principle thing. There's more gender ideology propaganda in the game then just the character screen.
Can you give me some examples of this, specifically of things being forced upon the user?

Falcs

23 Jun 2022
Can you give me some examples of this, specifically of things being forced upon the user?
2023.09.01-06.39-boundingintocomics-64f22fe1d6fa5_edit_80374214130443.png

There's plenty more. This game oozes DEI propaganda. Most modern games do. But unfortunately even just noticing it and pointing it out gets you into trouble.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
This is on-brand for Nexus. They banned mods removing gay pride iconography from Spider-Man.
I didn't even notice the pride stuff in it , I did however notice the BLM shit they put into miles morales (I'm not saying I don't believe black lives matter , I don't don't agree with the Marxist movement)

Status
Not open for further replies.