NG: "Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 butchers Spanish language to be “inclusive”" #PS5# #Iconera#

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Social media users learned the (alleged) Spanish version of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 alters the Spanish language to be inclusive, and to the point of it being grammatically incorrect.

The Twitter user shared a video of the alleged Spanish version of the game and started to break down why it makes no sense:

Spanish is a gendered language, meaning certain words are said differently depending on the gender of the person being spoken about.

An example for non-Spanish users would be “Una entomóloga” when referring to a female entomologist, and “Un entomólogo” for a male entomologist.

1697891164134.png

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

Social media users learned the (alleged) Spanish version of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 alters the Spanish language to be inclusive, and to the point of it being grammatically incorrect.

The Twitter user shared a video of the alleged Spanish version of the game and started to break down why it makes no sense:

Spanish is a gendered language, meaning certain words are said differently depending on the gender of the person being spoken about.

An example for non-Spanish users would be “Una entomóloga” when referring to a female entomologist, and “Un entomólogo” for a male entomologist.

View attachment 2804

🙄 who the hell cares

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

View attachment 2804

Language isn’t static it changes overtime. If English speakers 100 yrs ago heard how we speak today there would definitely be some communication issues. They change this or that so what it’s game not a classical Spanish language course.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Language isn’t static it changes overtime. If English speakers 100 yrs ago heard how we speak today there would definitely be some communication issues. They change this or that so what it’s game not a classical Spanish language course.
Problem is, it’s not the Spanish changing their language. It’s no life experience woke Americans and institutionalised leftist academics.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
They did this because Doctor Young is "non binary" 😂😂 If you listen to the Danikast podcast where she talks about Dr Young, she uses "they/them" pronouns. That's why it's not Doctor or Doctora, it's still corny for them to do it but yeah that's why. I have nothing against anyone but it's stupid that these devs are bending over backwards to .00001% of the population. This stuff is purely corporatespeak, no one talks like this in the real world.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Problem is, it’s not the Spanish changing their language. It’s no life experience woke Americans and institutionalised leftist academics.
Its always been the same people that determine the path society takes, everyone else be damned.
Its their bridges, their roads, their laws, their religion. Some of think we can tell them what to do but you cant. And if you get them to do what you want, then just wait for you to die them assimilate your children. Which is the case here.
They have broken society, reality and life down to point where its as if we are simulated.
They came up with all these language, taught you how to speak and write them
and now they are going to reeducate us in how to speak them again. The first people to fall in are politicians then companies then the public.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Its always been the same people that determine the path society takes, everyone else be damned.
Its their bridges, their roads, their laws, their religion. Some of think we can tell them what to do but you cant. And if you get them to do what you want, then just wait for you to die them assimilate your children. Which is the case here.
They have broken society, reality and life down to point where its as if we are simulated.
They came up with all these language, taught you how to speak and write them
and now they are going to reeducate us in how to speak them again. The first people to fall in are politicians then companies then the public.
I can see English is not your language, which is perfectly fine. I see your reasoning.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
TBF, these games are in NY. You see plenty of that in the streets here. Lol

They forgot to add authentic nyc homelessness tho. The filth of this shithole is missing. I see at least 5 shit stained homeless in sweatpants before 630 am every morning. My favorite is this black dude carrying a wooden stick on 6th avenue patroling sixth ave and keeping homeless away from the horse carriage at Central Park east (he’s got a deal with the horse tour dudes to threaten other homeless away - Ive seen him get cash for it). I’m cool with that dude tho.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
TBF, these games are in NY. You see plenty of that in the streets here. Lol
You see alot of that in the streets many places nowadays. Nyc Def was not like tht before specifically 90s and before. As I mentioned in another post gentrification from out west like San Fran and Cali started influencing and implanting those ideologies here and ppl ran with it.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Why are SJW's on a crusade against the Spanish language? What is their problem

We should ask the lunatics over at Resetera

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They forgot to add authentic nyc homelessness tho. The filth of this shithole is missing. I see at least 5 shit stained homeless in sweatpants before 630 am every morning. My favorite is this black dude carrying a wooden stick on 6th avenue patroling sixth ave and keeping homeless away from the horse carriage at Central Park east (he’s got a deal with the jockies to threaten homeless away - Ive seen him get cash for it). I’m cool with that dude tho.
Same with the Subways. Not one day that I don't take the A train and don't see some crazies on the train or homeless person.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Why are SJW's on a crusade against the Spanish language? What is their problem

We should ask the lunatics over at Resetera
I don't think it's a crusade against Spanish language it's just them wanting to change everything and have everyone few things through their paradigm.

Reactions: Box

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Same with the Subways. Not one day that I don't take the A train and don't see some crazies on the train or homeless person.

They have me at union square now. Dude, every time I get up from the 4-6 trains to street level near mt. Sinai… oh my god. That place is fucking dangerous and it smells like there was a homeless orgy on the sidewalk because that fucking smell is forever…. 🤣. Yo, I have never in my fucking life seen the city this bad in 20 plus years of working it. Lockdown era seemed bad because it was like only meek and homeless walking the streets back then… somehow this is worse.

Spider-man? Yo we need both him and Batman in the real Gotham 😞