NG: "Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 butchers Spanish language to be “inclusive”" #PS5# #Iconera#

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Spanish is a gendered language, meaning certain words are said differently depending on the gender of the person being spoken about.
English too, that did not stop them.

This is how they got me back in the mid 2000s, the argument was "use they\them when talking about someone who's gender you are not aware" instead of "his\him". I'm not a native English speaker, so that seemed like legit advice to me, even tho I was thought the old ways before.

I'm still not against it, but these people are butchering French as well, they invented horrible neutral pronouns (iel and a couple of other horrible words). The argument is just "the old ones are too gendered", there is no depth to it (tons of words, but no actual argument).

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They have me at union square now. Dude, every time I get up from the 4-6 trains to street level near mt. Sinai… oh my god. That place is fucking dangerous and it smells like there was a homeless orgy on the sidewalk because that fucking smell is forever…. 🤣. Yo, I have never in my fucking life seen the city this bad in 20 plus years of working it. Lockdown era seemed bad because it was like only meek and homeless walking the streets back then… somehow this is worse.

Spider-man? Yo we need both him and Batman in the real Gotham 😞
I understand lol I work on Wall and South Street and even Fidi is like tht which was unheard of but thts life. Yeah 42nd at night is another level

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I understand lol I work on Wall and South Street and even Fidi is like tht which was unheard of but thts life. Yeah 42nd at night is another level

I just finished One Wall a year ago. Homeless sleeping on every corner and fitness models walking their tiny dogs. Sigh…. I loved that place.

Also, grotto’s pizza over there ain’t too bad for a Manhattan spot. Must try even their deep dish.

This is where I convince myself to buy spider man because every queens kid thinks their Peter Parker… fucking game

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
They have me at union square now. Dude, every time I get up from the 4-6 trains to street level near mt. Sinai… oh my god. That place is fucking dangerous and it smells like there was a homeless orgy on the sidewalk because that fucking smell is forever…. 🤣. Yo, I have never in my fucking life seen the city this bad in 20 plus years of working it. Lockdown era seemed bad because it was like only meek and homeless walking the streets back then… somehow this is worse.

Montreal was overrun by hordes of addicts\mental patients\homess during the pandemic measures (covid did not kill enough people to empty the streets like the measures did).

The subway pas particularly bad, even compared to the normal times, businesses closed (over a third of all restaurants), etc.

Yet, as more people came back to work and students came to the universities the homeless got flooded in the group, there are much more than before, but in the crowd they're not that bothering. However, like in the states they do a lot of catch and release and we have unseen levels of violence in this city, it's back to the 90s levels.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I wouldn't be surprised if studios got additional funding from woke organizations if they promoted these ideologies in their games.
After all videogames are the largest entertainment industry these days. And games aren't getting any cheaper to produce.

Last edited:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
A right wing SpiderMan would go to the southern border and spray his spiderwebs all over to close the wall!

I wish woke BS stopped at a few language tweaks.

• haha
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I just finished One Wall a year ago. Homeless sleeping on every corner and fitness models walking their tiny dogs. Sigh…. I loved that place.

Also, grotto’s pizza over there ain’t too bad for a Manhattan spot. Must try even their deep dish.

This is where I convince myself to buy spider man because every queens kid thinks their Peter Parker… fucking game
Yeah I've been to all those spots, Cuban Sophie's as well. Before the new south street mall was built the old mall had a good Latin spot tht was crazy good and everyone would hang out at Sequioas bar! Miss those days

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I wouldn't be surprised if studios get additional funding from woke organizations if they promote these ideologies in their games
After all videogames are now the largest entertainment industry these days. And games aren't getting any cheaper to produce.
Being "inclusive\woke\diverse\equitable" will open your projects to government incentives in a lot of jurisdictions, yes we PAY them with our money to do this to us.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Its always been the same people that determine the path society takes, everyone else be damned.
Its their bridges, their roads, their laws, their religion. Some of think we can tell them what to do but you cant. And if you get them to do what you want, then just wait for you to die them assimilate your children. Which is the case here.
They have broken society, reality and life down to point where its as if we are simulated.
They came up with all these language, taught you how to speak and write them
and now they are going to reeducate us in how to speak them again. The first people to fall in are politicians then companies then the public.
Bro it’s 9am

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Being "inclusive\woke\diverse\equitable" will open your projects to government incentives in a lot of jurisdictions, yes we PAY them with our money to do this to us.
I find it hilarious that Trudeau only rewrote the English version of O Canada, because the French would crucify him for changing that version.

Even funnier, and totally unknown to most people even in Canada, is that our national anthem has always had two totally different sets of lyrics depending on the language it’s sung in, and was originally written in French with no consideration that an English translation of the French lyrics is impossible to make fit with the melody. It makes the split/bilingual version completely incoherent, since the French version kind of tells a story while the English lyrics are almost nonsense.

And if making the national anthem gender-neutral wasn’t woke enough, there’s talk of working indigenous “reconciliation” bullshit in now, too!

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022

A soup kitchen

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They forgot to add authentic nyc homelessness tho. The filth of this shithole is missing. I see at least 5 shit stained homeless in sweatpants before 630 am every morning. My favorite is this black dude carrying a wooden stick on 6th avenue patroling sixth ave and keeping homeless away from the horse carriage at Central Park east (he’s got a deal with the horse tour dudes to threaten other homeless away - Ive seen him get cash for it). I’m cool with that dude tho.
Dont worry your friendly neighborhood spiderman already cleaned up all those undesirables

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
They forgot to add authentic nyc homelessness tho. The filth of this shithole is missing. I see at least 5 shit stained homeless in sweatpants before 630 am every morning. My favorite is this black dude carrying a wooden stick on 6th avenue patroling sixth ave and keeping homeless away from the horse carriage at Central Park east (he’s got a deal with the horse tour dudes to threaten other homeless away - Ive seen him get cash for it). I’m cool with that dude tho.
Didn't your old pretend POC mayor ban the horses a decade ago?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Language isn’t static it changes overtime. If English speakers 100 yrs ago heard how we speak today there would definitely be some communication issues. They change this or that so what it’s game not a classical Spanish language course.
Post more, i want to see, how much deeper you can dig yourself in..😂

Last edited: