NG: "Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 butchers Spanish language to be “inclusive”" #PS5# #Iconera#

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes, in normal Spanish the correct way is:
Singular > "El doctor": The male doctor
Singular > "La doctora" : The female doctor
Singular > "Los doctores": The (male, or both male and female) doctors
Singular > "Las doctoras": The female doctors

In the game they did use one of the versions of the recent woke neologism 'inclusive' 'neutral':
Singular > "Le doctore": The (?) doctor
Plural > "Les doctores": The (?) doctors

The idea is to use the "e" for people who doesn't identify as male or female (non-binary and others), and also to use it for people of all genders including male and male.

Not even woke people here talks like that, even the ones who try to use it for white signaling don't do it for more than 2 or 3 sentences in a row even in public statements. It's confusing and sounds ridiculous, but for some people it's sexist or transphobic (?) to prefer to speak properly.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I decided to ignore this garbage as long as it doesn't affect game quality. This shitty inclusiveness is temporary. It will die the day they decide to jump on next shitty trend.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
English too, that did not stop them.

This is how they got me back in the mid 2000s, the argument was "use they\them when talking about someone who's gender you are not aware" instead of "his\him". I'm not a native English speaker, so that seemed like legit advice to me, even tho I was thought the old ways before.

I'm still not against it, but these people are butchering French as well, they invented horrible neutral pronouns (iel and a couple of other horrible words). The argument is just "the old ones are too gendered", there is no depth to it (tons of words, but no actual argument).

English is not really a gendered language. People nowadays cry about the usage of they when singular they has been used for centuries.

Latin languages are gendered though

Reactions: Systemshock2023

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Stop being such snowflakes.
Close this thread like the way you closed my thread before:
Both dealing with "political discourse" as @Bryank75 said 💅

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

I didn't close any threads mate, I'm not a mod. And the snowflake comment was towards people that have a problem with inclusivity.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

I will archive it.

It's run its course anyway. It definitely was pushing into political...

• Shake
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima