[Nick930] Direct Comparison Marvels Spider-Man PC vs PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharinghack

21 Jun 2022
Lisbon, Portugal
www.pushvfx.com
What's more better? Graphics features? Shaders? Animation?
Across the board improvements. Not saying it's better tech or different tech, just simply more worked on or more polished. The animation is a big step up, Miles Morales moves and animates way more fluidly, the city has way more details and better lighting, and the RT implementation is better.

D

Deleted member 13

Across the board improvements. Not saying it's better tech or different tech, just simply more worked on or more polished. The animation is a big step up, Miles Morales moves and animates way more fluidly, the city has way more details and better lighting, and the RT implementation is better.
Hmm.. that's strange to have better RT implementation when it's the same technique they used it for original Spiderman PS5. It'll probably look the same on the PC as the original.

I'll have to check out the city. I didn't think they would have two different sets for PS5 (old set vs. Miles set). I can see the animation being different though since they are two different characters.

Sharinghack

21 Jun 2022
Lisbon, Portugal
www.pushvfx.com
Hmm.. that's strange to have better RT implementation when it's the same technique they used it for original Spiderman PS5. It'll probably look the same on the PC as the original.

I'll have to check out the city. I didn't think they would have two different sets for PS5 (old set vs. Miles set). I can see the animation being different though since they are two different characters.
Miles Morales was developed having RT in mind, which the original wasn't. Level design takes advantage of the RT, it a more beautiful implementation, also in the city, but specially indoors. The first one is very bland, just building windows and a few reflective surfaces.

And yes the city in Miles Morales is way better, more detail, way more crowd/traffic density, colored lighting in lots of places, especially in the Harlem area.

EDIT:
Found a video I made on the release day of the PS5, was testing the video recording feature.

You see here what I mean, you don't have this crowd density and geometric detail on the Remastered, nor these kinds of reflections on the streets, also note the animation quality bump on Miles.

Last edited:

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Good to see Sony giving PC players something to play and talk about, look how excited they get for it.
They said PS games were inferior when they couldn't have it, something was always better on PC, till they heard PS games would be coming to PC and they have been jumping in the streets all elated from then. Yet now, it's the same minor differences that have never justified $3000 plus rigs ever.

As for Nixxes, I'm sure they will fix whatever issues exist, people have to understand, PC is a different beast, it's not a single hardware specification, neither is it a single Software specification, be it OS, API, Drivers and a million other possible conflicts. Yet, Nixxes must be commended for such a well done PC port relative to features, low stutter compilation, good loadtimes etc......Yet, this is still essentially a PS4 game, so games built to take advantage of PS5 would show how tasking running them on PC would be. I imagine a port of LOU2 would require dual 3090's for high framerates and max settings just because of how to the metal it was on PS4. So games like Ratchet, GT7 etc would require much more to run on PC.

Essentially, equivalent PC hardware matching PS5 specs won't run said ports as good, you would need to spend some more money to get similar performance. All said, for really small gains overall. The biggest takeaway is that PC guys can finally play a very good PS exclusive, but like all the comparisons before....."never expect, Horizon 1 on PC will look a generation better than Horizon Forbidden West on PS5....type hyperbole, induced from molly-laced marijuana heaven. Like before, It will be the same minor differences in visuals, just with some sliders for minor upgrades on PC for select settings. At least PC guys can be thankful, that competent devs are giving them competent ports on day 1. We can always relegate them to Rocksteady of Arkham Knight fame if they continue this bickering......

D

Deleted member 140

They said PS games were inferior when they couldn't have it, something was always better on PC, till they heard PS games would be coming to PC and they have been jumping in the streets all elated from then. Yet now, it's the same minor differences that have never justified $3000 plus rigs ever.

As for Nixxes, I'm sure they will fix whatever issues exist, people have to understand, PC is a different beast, it's not a single hardware specification, neither is it a single Software specification, be it OS, API, Drivers and a million other possible conflicts. Yet, Nixxes must be commended for such a well done PC port relative to features, low stutter compilation, good loadtimes etc......Yet, this is still essentially a PS4 game, so games built to take advantage of PS5 would show how tasking running them on PC would be. I imagine a port of LOU2 would require dual 3090's for high framerates and max settings just because of how to the metal it was on PS4. So games like Ratchet, GT7 etc would require much more to run on PC.

Essentially, equivalent PC hardware matching PS5 specs won't run said ports as good, you would need to spend some more money to get similar performance. All said, for really small gains overall. The biggest takeaway is that PC guys can finally play a very good PS exclusive, but like all the comparisons before....."never expect, Horizon 1 on PC will look a generation better than Horizon Forbidden West on PS5....type hyperbole, induced from molly-laced marijuana heaven. Like before, It will be the same minor differences in visuals, just with some sliders for minor upgrades on PC for select settings. At least PC guys can be thankful, that competent devs are giving them competent ports on day 1. We can always relegate them to Rocksteady of Arkham Knight fame if they continue this bickering......

It feels like the PC ports make the PS5 even more attractive. Way cheaper, great optimization, excellent experience, very polished games, maybe marginally worse looking compared to the PC versions, except the highest end machines I guess!

Sharinghack

21 Jun 2022
Lisbon, Portugal
www.pushvfx.com
It feels like the PC ports make the PS5 even more attractive. Way cheaper, great optimization, excellent experience, very polished games, maybe marginally worse looking compared to the PC versions, except the highest end machines I guess!
This is true. My PC is drawing 650W just to play Spiderman Remastered at 4K, with very marginal differences from the PS5 version. Not to mention the noise levels. It's ludicrous IMO.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 140
OP
OP
Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
This is true. My PC is drawing 650W just to play Spiderman Remastered at 4K, with very marginal differences from the PS5 version. Not to mention the noise levels. It's ludicrous IMO.
Upcoming cards are apparently going above and beyond in draw. Surprised the authorities haven’t cracked down on this like with cars and all manner of appliances. I guess it’s considered differently as some kind of diy enthusiast category as opposed to mass consumer.

• brain
D

Deleted member 51

Upcoming cards are apparently going above and beyond in draw. Surprised the authorities haven’t cracked down on this like with cars and all manner of appliances. I guess it’s considered differently as some kind of diy enthusiast category as opposed to mass consumer.
The latest information/rumors say the new 40XX series cards draw 30% less power than 30XX series. If this is true, it'll be massive improvement not only in power, but performance too.

OP
OP
Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
The latest information/rumors say the new 40XX series cards draw 30% less power than 30XX series. If this is true, it'll be massive improvement not only in power, but performance too.
Is that right? Though I heard DF lament the increases, perhaps I misunderstood.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
For comparable workload it might be true, just because of the die size 8->5nm and better performance.
Still the TDP is 100W higher on 4090 than 3090.
No one will buy a new 4090 to run it on same settings as a 3090.

OP
OP
Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
For comparable workload it might be true, just because of the die size 8->5nm and better performance.
That makes sense

D

Deleted member 51

I guess it depends on the game and engine. Some games look absolutely stunning, but barely draws over 200 watts from the GPU, and then there are some games that don't look up to date, which pull into the mid 300ish watts. I'd loved to see them implement a chiplet design like AMD, which is very power efficient, just lacking in RT, but I'm sure there are big improvements this upcoming launch.

I have a week before I return to my PC :(. So much to catch up on this past month plus.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I believe it has a better perf/watt but the power consumption at 100% is still around 100W higher than RTX 3000.
The tests you saw (the rumors) are not reaching 100% in GPU utilization on RTX 4000... it is way below that.

Reactions: PropellerEar
D

Deleted member 13

Miles Morales was developed having RT in mind, which the original wasn't. Level design takes advantage of the RT, it a more beautiful implementation, also in the city, but specially indoors. The first one is very bland, just building windows and a few reflective surfaces.

And yes the city in Miles Morales is way better, more detail, way more crowd/traffic density, colored lighting in lots of places, especially in the Harlem area.

EDIT:
Found a video I made on the release day of the PS5, was testing the video recording feature.

You see here what I mean, you don't have this crowd density and geometric detail on the Remastered, nor these kinds of reflections on the streets, also note the animation quality bump on Miles.
There's a lot more people but the RT for PC Spiderman is just as reflective as this video that I'm seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.