[Nick930] Direct Comparison Marvels Spider-Man PC vs PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
If you’re not familiar with Nick930, he also does great comparisons. Usually focusing on top end PC specs to max out the visuals vs Console.

Some new findings here, PC misses texture loads occasionally leading to lower quality textures compared to PS5, and RT reflections indoors dont’t update at the full framerate e.g. stutter on PC vs full 60fps on PS5. DF did mention high CPU dependence on asset decompression on PC.

UI assets don’t render at 4k like on ps5.

Not sure if it’s the usual PC lotto on what result you may get, or other comparisons missed these issues….

Check it out…

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Timmy after spending $2,000+ on a gaming PC.

pn-B0-E8-WDFI62-C0-LMl-K8rw-w-E4-Na-Xq4z-R-98ag-B3-U5-Mw.png

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
PC version = PS5 version with better RT reflections & texture filtering with severe FPS drops due to CPU handling most of the asset decompression if you have RT settings maxed out.

Reactions: Ezekiel and rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Just as I expected. Absolutely no visual difference aside from RT.
And some pc problems if anything.
At least compared fidelity 40fps to pc 4k. Of course pc can do 4k with dlss and hfr.
Nick is great and his videos are super detailed

Reactions: LED and Rivet
OP
OP
Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Just as I expected. Absolutely no visual difference aside from RT.
And some pc problems if anything.
At least compared fidelity 40fps to pc 4k. Of course pc can do 4k with dlss and hfr.
Nick is great and his videos are super detailed
I’m really surprised about the RT reflections stuttering on PC. Unless specific to Nicks machine, how could such an obvious thing get missed when the focus is of studying that aspect of the game.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The stutter issues are related to how fast the data is being decompressed from SSD and you probably wont find a solution for that in the next several years on PC… at least not until they get assets decompression to be done in another place or the CPU become strong enough to easily brute force it.

The miss of some texture load fall in the same issue… assets are not reaching the render faster enough due slow decompression so sometimes the engine has to miss it and continue rendering… the render can’t wait… the misses probably increases as you increase the framerate.

The non-4k UI is indeed a weird choice… I would love to know why Nixxes choose it instead the full 4k UI used in PS5.

BTW now I’m curious how PC will handle Racket & Clank that is supposed to have even faster streaming decompression than Spider-man 🤔

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Add.

I just checked… he used HBAO+ that is bugged… should have used SSAO for better comparison.

There are shadow and lighting popup while swinging too.

Some of these should be fixed in future patches.

Reactions: rofif
OP
OP
Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
The stutter issues are related to how fast the data is being decompressed from SSD and you probably wont find a solution for that in the next several years on PC… at least not until they get assets decompression to be done in another place or the CPU become strong enough to easily brute force it.

The miss of some texture load fall in the same issue… assets are not reaching the render faster enough due slow decompression so sometimes the engine has to miss it and continue rendering… the render can’t wait… the misses probably increases as you increase the framerate.

The non-4k UI is indeed a weird choice… I would love to know why Nixxes choose it instead the full 4k UI used in PS5.

BTW now I’m curious how PC will handle Racket & Clank that is supposed to have even faster streaming decompression than Spider-man 🤔
General stutter on cpu/io bottleneck I understand , but The RT reflection stutter due to I/O decompression? Finding it difficult to correlate.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Add.

I just checked… he used HBAO+ that is bugged… should have used SSAO for better comparison.

There are shadow and lighting popup while swinging too.

Some of these should be fixed in future patches.
And that's my problem.
New game comes out and there is always some minor tiny things bugged.
AF is broken and works only forced from driver level
HBAO+ is broken.... how should the player know?
Textures fail to load like you said
RT jittering
4k UI is low res

And some other stuff. These releases are usually good but there is always a BUT "remember to use SSAO and no HBAO" type of stuff.
It's the tiny stuff that will get fixed but it's always like that. I am sure the 4k UI will be patched next week alongside working HBAO+ but by that time many people have finished the game

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
It's good that the little issues will be fixed.

I mean, even SEGA fixed most Sonic Origins bugs, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.