[Nick930] Direct Comparison Marvels Spider-Man PC vs PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13

Thats is weird, on my 3090 if I unlock the framerate my GPU is 100% in utilization. Unfortunately the fan noise becomes unbearable so I locked it to 60hz so that the GPU isn't maxed out all the time.
Can you take a video of that? Do you have all the settings at max with DLSS?

D

Deleted member 13

That seems to be CPU limiting GPU case.
The GPU can’t go more because the CPU is already stressed.

I guess based in your “less it is utilized the more the drop fps”… it is probably waiting CPU tasks and so GPU utilization drops… framerate drops.
Yea, that could be true. It's very hard for us to try troubleshooting a game when we don't have a debugger. :)

Reactions: ethomaz
D

Deleted member 51

That’s not ‘loading’ more detail, that’s the RT reflection
I never said it was, not sure where you got that from? I simply said I'll take the longer loading for much better details. Never said that they go hand in hand, simply that one second won't change my life, but it's a night and day difference in upgraded visuals, will.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I never said it was, not sure where you got that from? I simply said I'll take the longer loading for much better details. Never said that they go hand in hand, simply that one second won't change my life, but it's a night and day difference in upgraded visuals, will.
You posted that screenshot with your comment. Why?

D

Deleted member 51

Lol one place. The differences arent anywhere as big as you say it is.

The game plays and looks best on PC. And when the devs actually fix it, it will continue to be the best place to play it. Not sure why you are trying to downplay this?
You posted that screenshot with your comment. Why?
The PC has the best looking version. Not sure why you posted that comment, why?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I notified that in DF video… there are texture pop-in happening after you get the gameplay back on PC.

Alex says it is due texture decompression hitting the CPU… on PS5 the texture already reaches the RAM decompressed while on PC you load it compressed to RAM and after you decompress it with CPU.

PS5

images

PC with DirectStorage

magnum-io-gpudirect-storage-l.svg

S9sCR41EszWOSb6S.jpg

Today compressed textures are loaded on SystemRAM, CPU decompress it and transfer to VRAM where GPU can use.

The change planned to Direct Storage is to make the GPU decompress it instead CPU… CPU will only load to SystemRAM and transfer to VRAM.

Edit - Changed to a better picture.

Last edited:
Reactions: PropellerEar
D

Deleted member 51

I notified that in DF video… there are texture pop-in happening after you get the gameplay back on PC.

Alex says it is due texture descompression hitting the CPU.
Everyone on here and gaf say Sony has the best devs and the best technology. I'm sure all of those issues will be fixed ASAP. I mean they are a Sony dev team, Nixxies. Just like all of the games that have released on PC this far, I don't see why this won't continue their, "BEST PLAYED ON PC" mantra.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Everyone on here and gaf say Sony has the best devs and the best technology. I'm sure all of those issues will be fixed ASAP. I mean they are a Sony dev team, Nixxies. Just like all of the games that have released on PC this far, I don't see why this won't continue their, "BEST PLAYED ON PC" mantra.
What that has to what I pointed?

Game development is moving and PC needs to catch up… DirectStorage is trying to do that but while that games coded to heavy decompression workload will have some issues on PC.

And you cleary see it on screen.

D

Deleted member 51

What that has to what I pointed?

Game development is moving and PC needs to catch up… DirectStorage is trying to do that but while that games coded to heavy decompression workload will have some issues on PC.

And you cleary see it on screen.
So when DS releases, what's the excuse than? I don't get why people get so riled up that we get lost the same games, but with more fidelity? If ppl get mad at that, build or buy a PC? It's not a slap in the face, but more money to making more games.
Love how a 4 plus year PS exclusive going to PC is the biggest gaming news for the next two months probably. Really puts into perspective how powerful Playstation is.
Is it though? And this isn't to shit on PS games, but you do realize PS isn't the only company coming out with games? There's a bunch coming out, always.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So when DS releases, what's the excuse than? I don't get why people get so riled up that we get lost the same games, but with more fidelity? If ppl get mad at that, build or buy a PC? It's not a slap in the face, but more money to making more games.

Is it though? And this isn't to shit on PS games, but you do realize PS isn't the only company coming out with games? There's a bunch coming out, always.
Excuse? I’m just point you facts and you come with excuses talk.

D

Deleted member 13

Lol @ Cerny hating on PC.

The other poster doesn't understand that's a bug in the MIP mapping bias. It has nothing to do with PC being "inferior" to the PS5. We saw this same story with HZD until they fixed all the bugs and made it a better iteration of the game.

The big elephant in the room is going forward from here. HZD went through growing pains to get it to where it is now.. When HFW releases, it will be damn near perfect. Likewise for Spidey 2, Wolverine, R&C, etc.. I allow a developer growing pains on their first port.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Lol @ Cerny hating on PC.

The other poster doesn't understand that's a bug in the MIP mapping bias. It has nothing to do with PC being "inferior" to the PS5. We saw this same story with HZD until they fixed all the bugs and made it a better iteration of the game.
mip map bias is such an ancient technique and it's always so bad!
But I am pretty sure AF overrided mipmap bias

D

Deleted member 13

mip map bias is such an ancient technique and it's always so bad!
But I am pretty sure AF overrided mipmap bias
No.

AF will only take it but so far. They have to go into their code and figure out why their engine is loading the correct MIP map for one building closer to the camera than another building that's not *that* far from the first building. There is some LOD issue their that they are doing that's probably playing havoc with the driver. Might be Nvidia or AMD drivers or both.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
No.

AF will only take it but so far. They have to go into their code and figure out why their engine is loading the correct MIP map for one building closer to the camera than another building that's not *that* far from the first building. There is some LOD issue their that they are doing that's probably playing havoc with the driver. Might be Nvidia or AMD drivers or both.
Maybe I am confusing with opengl mip maps handling which could be usually controlled through drivers.
If this is their internal stuff, then they will probably figure it out

D

Deleted member 13

Maybe I am confusing with opengl mip maps handling which could be usually controlled through drivers.
If this is their internal stuff, then they will probably figure it out
Yea, bro.. all the graphics drivers support MIP maps but what if I don't want to present to the framebuffer yet with an asset that's a certain distance from the camera? What if I want to override the normal driver behavior to save on framerate? I'll develop my own LOD system that I can choose myself to present to the driver. That's what I'm talking about.

Reactions: rofif
Status
Not open for further replies.