Nobody is wishlisting Concord on Steam

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Exactly.

We now have the PC community being THE Endorsers of Sony games now which trickles down to the Playstation community.

Using crap like Steam numbers to go with it.

Another reason to stop PC ports altogether including Day 1 GaaS.
Sony is free to let us look into their API and facilitate the creation of PSNdb, let's see those amazing CCU on PSN.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
the PlayStation performance is just as an embarrassing. I don’t see what pc has to do with it. All consumers rejected this. You can see how it selling — it’s not.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I honestly don't see what PC has to do with this. Sure, people track PC concurrent numbers and use that to trash talk the game but the game is sitting at 2.8/5 with 7.7k reviews on PSN right now. Those are paying customers, as you have to start the download, meaning no refunds, to rate the game. So people can't just pre-order, rate and then cancel.

The game didn't pan out. We knew it wouldn't before the launch. And there's nothing that can save it. Best bet is to have the team move on to something else but I'm afraid they might get shitcanned. Sony needs to read the room better.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
the PlayStation performance is just as an embarrassing. I don’t see what pc has to do with it. All consumers rejected this. You can see how it selling — it’s not.

Theres more players on PS than PC from what I can see, thats for sure.

Having PC players use there stats to say a game sucks and is dead is whats pc has to do with it. Even in Beta they want to use there numbers to kill a game.

Yall do it all the time lol, so I dont know why you guys dont think that plays in effect in peoples perception

Reactions: Loy310 and Danja

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
the game is sitting at 2.8/5 with 7.7k reviews on PSN right now. Those are paying customers, as you have to start the download, meaning no refunds, to rate the game. So people can't just pre-order, rate and then cancel.

No there not. Those reviews have been there since the beta. Sony didnt separate it from the Beta

• Informative
Reactions: Johnic

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
For those curious. On ps5 it’s ranked 42nd when sorting by best selling. Space marine sold more pre-orders this week.

I don’t think this broke 50k total sales.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Sony is free to let us look into their API and facilitate the creation of PSNdb, let's see those amazing CCU on PSN.
No console maker does this. They won't because it opens up them to having to give away data their competitors doesn't.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I don’t think Sony will do it in a cut and dry way as steam’s api allows.

Such data only looks good for multiplayer games. Single-player games wouldn’t track the same as they are not meant to accumulate as many hours played a day, a week, etc… they’re mostly one and done aside from the biggest rpgs. Like spider-man could look bad next to Sea of thieves with such data and everyone would come to the wrong conclusion … like always.

Like their top 10 in your country list I believe is some metric considering both sales and engagement of some kind considering pre-orders can track.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Theres more people playing Concord on PS5 then Sea of Thieves. Had Concord released earlier in the year like Sea of Thieves it would've sold a lot better. Bad timing for release. Microsoft and Valve are both conspirators in the attempted assassination attempt on Concord. Sony announced beta dates and suddenly Microsoft announced a new Overwatch 2 character and had a beta at the same time and announced it after Sony announced Concord beta dates. Overwatch 2 released new content on Concords release date. Valve officially announced the garbage that is Deadlock on Concords release date. And I'm pretty sure Microsoft is behind the toxicity we are seeing online for this game. The PvP side of the industry is very competitive and they don't want to let Sony in.

Reactions: Loy310

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Theres more people playing Concord on PS5 then Sea of Thieves. Had Concord released earlier in the year like Sea of Thieves it would've sold a lot better. Bad timing for release. Microsoft and Valve are both conspirators in the attempted assassination attempt on Concord. Sony announced beta dates and suddenly Microsoft announced a new Overwatch 2 character and had a beta at the same time and announced it after Sony announced Concord beta dates. Overwatch 2 released new content on Concords release date. Valve officially announced the garage that is Deadlock on Concords release date. And I'm pretty sure Microsoft is behind the toxicity we are seeing online for this game. The PvP side of the industry is very competitive and they don't want to let Sony in.
Nah Sony and FireWalk both killed this game. Terrible debut, ill-advised amateur marketing debuting that horrible 4 minute Cinematic trailer when all they needed was a great game play - deep dive 10 minute video showing off the gameplay, mechanics and crew... Drop a great gameplay trailer after, announcing the beta drops immediately after the State of Play ends. Would have been an easier home run.

This is mostly their doing and they sitting for over a month just letting the hate train stream roll everything.

Sony should get a grip and pull back the focus to PS5 but that's assuming they'll even realize the majority of PC players wants PlayStation to fail.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
We don’t have player counts on PlayStation. Most downloaded wouldn’t be it either because players don’t redownload Fortnite every week, etc…

What you are seeing are best selling. It’s only revenue. So yes, this week Sea of Thieves is selling two spots lower than Concord etc.

The only indication of engagement on ps would be the “top 10 in your country” and I can’t say that’s engagement for certain either.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
My guy this game is not setting the charts on fire even on the PS stores worldwide, this is some next level copium. 95% of the time a good game is a hit on both PC and consoles, Heck we have the whole soulsborne genre because PC guys took dark souls 1 and made it popular, both demon souls and DS 1 had abysmal sales on consoles on launch.

PC gaming has a lot of problems it should rightly be criticized for but this ain't one, In fact this utter rejection of concord will force Sony to go back to the drawing board and look to make better GaaS games than the cookie cutter checklist slop we got in the form of concord. Being playstation fans doesn't mean we have to mindlessly consume whatever product they put out.
This game has been held hostage by PC negativity since the Beta. Even now every article is about Steam numbers, you'd think it was a PC exclusive at this point. Meanwhile every match I played and I've played close to 40 matches or so now... You rarely even see a PC guy in the lobby. The most I've ever seen was 3 PC players in a match.

Sony needs to be more vigorous at countering narratives built against them, because I'm sure the constant barrage of negativity may have even swayed, some potential PS5 players from not supporting the game, thinking it's dead and not worth investing in... When that's definitely not the case

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Blaming pc gamers is some next level nonsense prejudice when guaranteed ps players are just as disinterested.

Consumers rejecting this isn’t some conspiracy.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Blaming pc gamers is some next level nonsense prejudice when guaranteed ps players are just as disinterested.

Consumers rejecting this isn’t some conspiracy.
A lot more people are playing this on PS5 then PC. Screw PC I turned cross play off on them jokers so they can wait 10 minutes in Q lol.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
A lot more people are playing this on PS5 then PC. Screw PC I turned cross play off on them jokers so they can wait 10 minutes in Q lol.
I keep it on because PC players playing this game aren't the issue and they have supported the game just like us ... I don't see why they should suffer because of idiots on their respective platform who are trying to sabotage the game.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
It feels like the hook was Halo/Destiny as a hero shooter and failed to attract that player in any way. So that’s not happening.

And that’s fine too… probably want to appeal to a younger generation. Sure looks like it right? A slower, casual friendly version of Bungie arena.

So while people say “the gameplay” I don’t think it’s worth that much when it exists as the non-cover band version proper and where Marathon should be expected to be the proper new generation delivery of Bungie gunplay. Then you have alternative like Apex, Valorant and even splitgate which feel similar enough if you’re interested in those sub genres.

… Marathon will be interesting itself since Bungie gunplay is mostly hitscan and that’ll be a huge change on larger maps.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Im liking it because i want Factions and Socom lol.

Thing with momentum like Helldivers 2, you see it all the time with MP games, its always up and down. Destiny is another example, hated at launch, still going strong, lots of hickups but the latest DLC rated the best and had plenty of success
PvE focused games always struggle with player retention. Fighting AI gets boring and predictable too fast.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Saying it can bounce back is something… Halo couldn’t bounce back from sub 10k players. Sea of Thieves and Fallout 76 survived because they still managed 15k peak a day avg for years.

this is 300 players…. Indie games in beta do better.

I have never seen a game rejected like this ever. Biggest Sony flop of all time right now. I always figured destruction all stars was the floor … guess not

Edit: keep in mind a shitstorm is coming where steam users will be forced to refund due to no players available for matchmaking. I’m saying it again — it might need to be shutdown.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Saying it can bounce back is something… Halo couldn’t bounce back from sub 10k players. Sea of Thieves and Fallout 76 survived because they still managed 15k peak a day avg for years.

this is 300 players…. Indie games in beta do better.

I have never seen a game rejected like this ever. Biggest Sony flop of all time right now. I always figured destruction all stars was the floor … guess not

Edit: keep in mind a shitstorm is coming where steam users will be forced to refund due to no players available for matchmaking. I’m saying it again — it might need to be shutdown.
I still think Sony should let them go F2P, release planned updates for the next year, QoL fixes, and hopefully they release a unique mode that can pull players back. The moment to moment gameplay is definitely solid.