Nobody is wishlisting Concord on Steam

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I think they have to do something, and making it FTP will attract a large number/influx of people.

Most people report the gunplay to be good, so it has that on its side, at least.

But yer, I am with you that I think it might not be salvageable, but they will have to try something.
Concord now has the stink of failure associated with it now, no one will want to play a game which has such a reputation. Measures should have been taken before launch now it is too little too late.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I think best bet is to make it a permanent part of the ps plus essential catalog and not just a monthly freebie.

Players would need to be refunded on console. No one bought it on steam anyway. Also helps deal with pc players not needing to have plus sub to begin with. They would then need to adjust their post-launch content pipeline and monetize it.

It’s a mess. This is one of the worst launches of all time. I can’t believe I keep getting surprised with how the next big flop drops it worse than the last. Didn’t expect it from Sony either. They marketed this game more heavily than both Helldivers and Destiny also. Wild

Many games have been cancelled with better beta numbers.
Making it ps plus would piss off the 10 people that were stupid enough to spend 40 quid on it I mean we had super fans on here that weren't willing to pay extra to play it early

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Making it ps plus would piss off the 10 people that were stupid enough to spend 40 quid on it I mean we had super fans on here that weren't willing to pay extra to play it early

They would have to be refunded. It clearly won’t be that many.

PS fans have pretty much shown up for every release this year. Granblue, Stellar blade, Wukong… etc… they’ve been supporting the console exclusives… not this one

Unreal… first party game bombing like this

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I honestly don't think this game is salvageable. F2p or not, the economics aren't there to make it long term sustainable. And it isn't bringing anything new gameplay wise to carve out a niche for itself

Not disputing if its salvageable but not bring anything new doesn't always mean a bad thing. Most games dont carve a niche tbh.

There plenty room for more in the genre but this wasnt the one unless theres rebranding and changing miracle. But Ill still stand that the gameplay is great.
The longevity isnt my issue as this wont be all Ill be playing. Its something I will pick up a few times a week. I think gameplay wise lack of campaign and extra modes and coop pve is missing. Not stating the obvious other character design issues

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Helldivers is cooked, whatever goodwill the devs had has long been lost. PSN fiasco aside the garbage balancing and nerfing of anything enjoyable made players leave in droves. Even if they release the 3rd faction no one is coming back , way to go piss of your players. I will never forgive them for the railgun nerf
For as much as people hate PlayStation for porting games to PC what they dont realize is Sony is purposely slowing the success of their PC releases. Their goal is to convert PC gamers to PlayStation console. A PC gamer who really really likes Concord will eventually pick up a PS5 for faster q times and a bigger playerbase to play with. This experiment may likely fail and Sony will put a stop to all PC ports. Hopefully. Sony already has decided to wait a longer time to put 1st party games on Plus. Apparently they lost 80 million in sales on Horizon Forbidden West because it went on Plus so soon. Sony were experimenting with that game on Plus.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Not disputing if its salvageable but not bring anything new doesn't always mean a bad thing. Most games dont carve a niche tbh.

There plenty room for more in the genre but this wasnt the one unless theres rebranding and changing miracle. But Ill still stand that the gameplay is great.
The longevity isnt my issue as this wont be all Ill be playing. Its something I will pick up a few times a week. I think gameplay wise lack of campaign and extra modes and coop pve is missing. Not stating the obvious other character design issues
The thing is if it isn't bringing anything new then it can't be turned around long term because the new shiny thing will come and wipe it from memory.

Things like cyberpunk, no Man's sky, ff14 - they have their own identities and have their own standout qualities that aren't present in market competitors that allow people to come back to the game when things improve. But Concord's big draw is high quality animated cutscenes and weekly vignettes. Things that are disposable after a single experience.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
while it is unlikely this game will be able to pull a success story out of this, let us see if it tales charts on the August Circana report before calling it the biggest bomb ever. If this at least gets to the 20th spot this month that is higher than redfall last year and the chart is revenue based so at $40 this game already would be at an disadvantage.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Still have to wait on the NPD numbers for PS5 but Steam is obviously not the one carrying the title. And IMO a good message to Sony execs what will happen if they abandon their core base. They might'v acted up if Concord was a massive hit too after Helldivers 2 doing Spider-Man 2 numbers.

They also catastrophically turned the Helldivers 2 positive momentum against them instead of using it as a benefit towards this title with the everything included mantra. But to differentiate in current live-service market is not to do this style but the exact opposite style. If they had Factions & SOCOM for the Gritty and tactical mil, alongside Marathon (as sci-fi) that would'v been enough.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Things like cyberpunk, no Man's sky, ff14 - they have their own identities and have their own standout qualities that aren't present in market competitors that allow people to come back to the game when things improve. But Concord's big draw is high quality animated cutscenes and weekly vignettes. Things that are disposable after a single experience.

I agree. I thought you meant gameplay

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Still have to wait on the NPD numbers for PS5 but Steam is obviously not the one carrying the title. And IMO a good message to Sony execs what will happen if they abandon their core base. They might'v acted up if Concord was a massive hit too after Helldivers 2 doing Spider-Man 2 numbers.

They also catastrophically turned the Helldivers 2 positive momentum against them instead of using it as a benefit towards this title with the everything included mantra. But to differentiate in current live-service market is not to do this style but the exact opposite style. If they had Factions & SOCOM for the Gritty and tactical mil, alongside Marathon (as sci-fi) that would'v been enough.

Im liking it because i want Factions and Socom lol.

Thing with momentum like Helldivers 2, you see it all the time with MP games, its always up and down. Destiny is another example, hated at launch, still going strong, lots of hickups but the latest DLC rated the best and had plenty of success

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Im liking it because i want Factions and Socom lol.

Thing with momentum like Helldivers 2, you see it all the time with MP games, its always up and down. Destiny is another example, hated at launch, still going strong, lots of hickups but the latest DLC rated the best and had plenty of success
With the momentum I mean the entire PSN debacle it also showed how adverse the Steam base is towards PS while having an account for every other publisher lol.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
With the momentum I mean the entire PSN debacle it also showed how adverse the Steam base is towards PS while having an account for every other publisher lol.
Totally.
Its also funny how Valve should be able to have its exclusive to support better its Platform according to its fan. While every other 3rd party exclusive for PS is not consumer friendl and even its own 1st party lol

Reactions: CrackmanNL

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Helldivers is cooked, whatever goodwill the devs had has long been lost. PSN fiasco aside the garbage balancing and nerfing of anything enjoyable made players leave in droves. Even if they release the 3rd faction no one is coming back , way to go piss of your players. I will never forgive them for the railgun nerf

I dunno, plenty people on my friends list play it. We’ve seen games like FF14 and Destiny go up and down and near death at times lol. The right upgrades and its all gravy again until everyone complains

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I dunno, plenty people on my friends list play it. We’ve seen games like FF14 and Destiny go up and down and near death at times lol. The right upgrades and its all gravy again until everyone complains
Helldivers isn't cooked, but they need to fix their technical issues which are 100% killing the game right now. Their engineers either have serious skill issues or they just have the worst version controls because every time they update the game they break something fundamentally which is causing a big loss of trust. It's not even the weapon balancing that kills the game, it's the aura of incompetence that swirls around every update. But the core game is good enough that people will be back when they sort the issues. They just need to stop lying to themselves and address it. If it's incompetent software developers they need to be put through training or replaced. If it's a lax culture in terms of coding environment that needs to be dealt with.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I’d like to think This flop is so monumental it’s going reverberate through the entire industry much less Sony. This is not the environment you want to launch a game for the “modern audience” anymore. The backlash to these things is way too strong and the projects way too expensive to make that gamble now.

I’m sure the big wigs at Ubisoft are sweating based off the internet reception to Star Wars outlaws character and ESPECIALLY assassins creed. I think the backlash to yasuke and Ubisoft going all in trying to REWRITE JAPANESE HISTORY is enough to completely destroy assassins creed as a brand for the foreseeable future unless there is a major course correction, in my opinion.

Sony in particular has decided to go down this ultra “woke”/ progressive character design philosophy most notably in the last of us 2 and if they keep it up Concord isn’t going to be the last major flop on their hands. I wouldn’t be surprised if come Monday every Sony first party studio gets the memo to “reevaluate” it’s character designs to make it “more in line with gamers expectations” so as to avoid another embarrassment like this.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Helldivers is not in the worst spot.

If it can survive as each new release has its 15 mins and fails but def needs a major update itself

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
The PC community fucked Sony on this one. Concord is a good game that dont deserve any of the backlash but yet here we are because of pc grifters. Sony needs to make them wait years for any 1st party going forward.
After Concord its now officially a massive risk to put 1st party sie titles on PC day 1.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
The PC community fucked Sony on this one. Concord is a good game that dont deserve any of the backlash but yet here we are because of pc grifters. Sony needs to make them wait years for any 1st party going forward.
After Concord its now officially a massive risk to put 1st party sie tiles on PC day 1.

Exactly.

We now have the PC community being THE Endorsers of Sony games now which trickles down to the Playstation community.

Using crap like Steam numbers to go with it.

Another reason to stop PC ports altogether including Day 1 GaaS.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
After Concord its now officially a massive risk to put 1st party sie tiles on PC day 1.
My guy this game is not setting the charts on fire even on the PS stores worldwide, this is some next level copium. 95% of the time a good game is a hit on both PC and consoles, Heck we have the whole soulsborne genre because PC guys took dark souls 1 and made it popular, both demon souls and DS 1 had abysmal sales on consoles on launch.

PC gaming has a lot of problems it should rightly be criticized for but this ain't one, In fact this utter rejection of concord will force Sony to go back to the drawing board and look to make better GaaS games than the cookie cutter checklist slop we got in the form of concord. Being playstation fans doesn't mean we have to mindlessly consume whatever product they put out.