I want Sony to release a launcher on PC |UP| Sony should buy Valve and turn Steam into PS PC Launcher.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
I got a PS5 recently and wanted to gift a dear friend of mine Dark Souls 1, he only plays on PlayStation, but oops, no gifting System. Also, the first thing I had to do after buying the thing was to pay more for an online subscription. lol

This whole time I didn't want to say anything about console-only players, but you guys really should look into PC maybe with the ultimate freedom there.

I don't think there's any use talking to the OP about this though, as his mind is made up already. But not only that, he thinks Epic Store and Ubisoft are better than Steam, lol
So much bullshit, I can't even.

1) You DO NOT NEED PS+ TO USE A PS5. In fact, you don't even need a PSN account to play single player games, you can use it completely offline. Physical games are a thing, you know?

2) Speaking of physical games, that's how I gift games to my friends - or borrow them. I buy a disc with the game in it and pass it along. You PC/digital zealots are something else. "Gifting system" LOL. Ever heard of physical gifts?

3) "Ultimate freedom" with always online DRM and Denuvo fucking up your games performance. Unless you are sailing the High Seas, of course...

day talk GIF

4) Epic Store, Ubisoft, Steam, etc. Hell, throw PSN and XBL in there too. They are all shit. You think yours doesn't stink?

LOL

Last edited:

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com

1) You DO NOT NEED PS+ TO USE A PS5. In fact, you don't even need a PSN account to play single player games, you can use it completely offline. Physical games are a thing, you know?

2) Speaking of physical games, that's how I gift games to my friends - or borrow them. I buy a disc with the game in it and pass it along. You PC/digital zealots are something else. "Gifting system" LOL. Ever heard of physical gifts?

3) "Ultimate freedom" with always online DRM and Denuvo fucking up your games performance. Unless you are sailing the High Seas, of course...

day talk GIF

4) Epic Store, Ubisoft, Steam, etc. Hell, throw PSN and XBL in there too. They are all shit. You think yours doesn't stink?

LOL
I like how on this website the first option to insult people is by accusing them of pirating games, lol. You guys are something else.

How are you going to gift a friend in another country, genius? if not online/digitally? Like its 2024, of course everyone on the internet has friends in different countries.

99% of Steam games have no issues with Denuvo or whatever.

How am I going to play online without a subscription? The whole concept is just to get more money out of you

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Speak for yourself.

The only Sony games that should go near a PC are their GaaS games.

Launcher or no Launcher is irrelevant.

Arrogant Sony will eventually realise that they aren’t Apple and their PlayStation brand will go the way of Xbox if they continue this way.

If anything they would be better ditching PC altogether and put their games on Mobile. It’s a completely separate market and a bigger one at that which will not affect their console business.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024

day talk GIF

LOL

1) He probably wanted to play online with his friend in Dark Souls, hence the need for PS Plus.
2) Not all games have a physical copy, more and more games don't receive a physical copy. Hence the need for a gifting system in PS Store.
3) Tons of games dont't have denuvo and always online DRM. And denuvo is removed after a while too.
4) Steam isn't shit. Hence why people want to use it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Yuniac

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

day talk GIF

LOL
I will say a gifting system should be on PSN it's absolutely ridiculous it doesn't exist because Sony is absolutely shit with localizing their stores in certain markets.

Embarrassing for them.

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com
I will say a gifting system should be on PSN it's absolutely ridiculous it doesn't exist because Sony is absolutely shit with localizing their stores in certain markets.

Embarrassing for them.
It is embarrassing to not be able to gift your friend a game in the current year or receive one. It's a basic feature.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Personally I don't care for a gifting system, I do it with physical games or via PSN credit code, I have even gifted the fricking PS+ subscription.
(To different countries, no issues at all)

Also I don't like gifting system in hands of kids.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
What's your data on it clown.

Steams options for gifting. Try and gift something to someone and see them yourself. You can have an instant gift, a scheduled gift, the person receiving the gift can reject the gift, put the gift into the library at once, put the gift into the inventory, if the gift is rejected it is sendt to the gifters inventory.

PSN not having a gifting option is insane due to the increased digitalizing of video games. Like on EGS, no gifting either, so Alan Wake 2 which is only on EGS can't be gifted and that game is digital only, so no physical gifting either.

Sony can make good money by making a gifting option.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Steams options for gifting. Try and gift something to someone and see them yourself. You can have an instant gift, a scheduled gift, the person receiving the gift can reject the gift, put the gift into the library at once, put the gift into the inventory, if the gift is rejected it is sendt to the gifters inventory.

PSN not having a gifting option is insane due to the increased digitalizing of video games. Like on EGS, no gifting either, so Alan Wake 2 which is only on EGS can't be gifted and that game is digital only, so no physical gifting either.

You claim
This has never been a problem on Steam
This is factually wrong!

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com

Crazy how little people know about Steam yet they assume stuff and talk shit about it. Lol

Reactions: Systemshock2023