OT Drama | Other Gaming Forums (GAF, ResetERA, D-Pad, Twitter, etc..)

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
What difference would it make if I was ? Biological males don't belong in sports with females. Period.

you know that this crowd that you love hanging around with would take a look at your profile picture and call you a biological female with this same mindset right? the same way someone could think to themselves that you have next to zero testosterone, there are women out there with a lot of it without being trans

Last edited:

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
It's great that people want to discuss things but do not start to engage in personal insults.

Thank you.

hey, would be awesome if you could be more clear about what would categorize as an insult in this discussion, to help members avoid and all

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
hey, would be awesome if you could be more clear about what would categorize as an insult in this discussion, to help members avoid and all
Certainly,
The same way you have next to zero testosterone there are women out there with a lot of it

You have no idea what his levels of testosterone are, and you are trying to make a point by bashing the way he looks.

You have made a statement and have passed it off as a fact, which it is not.

He could be a half-hairy Baboon under that shirt; we just don't know.

Let's not judge a book by its cover; that's all I am saying.

I hope that clears it up. ❤️

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
I hope that clears it up. ❤️

yeah, its just very hard to navigate in these type of discussions when the topic is pointing out gender incongruities when we know the girls isnt trans, but there, i edited my comment so it looks more like a personal observation that doesnt need proof just like the comments about the athlete instead of a statement of a fact !!

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
yeah, its just very hard to navigate in these type of discussions when the topic is pointing out gender incongruities when we know the girls isnt trans, but there, i edited my comment so it looks more like a personal observation that doesnt need proof just like the comments about the athlete instead of a statement of a fact !!
i hear what you are saying, just a couple of points here to clarify from my side and perhaps to help with the discussion going forward.

I don't think @Would_you_kindly has ever stated that he was Trans, not that it should make any difference.

Also, I don't think the boxer in question is Trans, but rather has another extremely rare condition that, in many ways, I guess is similar to a trans person.

At first I thought it was something to do with the person being intersex, which is a another extremely rare condition.

It's sort of a minefield trying to make sense of everything, to be honest.

I found this article on sky sports which I found rather interesting.

Looking at your edit, yep, that's perfect; you should have said it like that first SLAP.

Cheers for that.

hugs, peace

What is a DSD?​

Medical information is confidential, so we don't know for certain if the boxers at the heart of this controversy have DSD (differences in sex development).

But it is reasonable to believe that this is at the heart of the debate. It has caused controversy in sport before, most notably with the two-time Olympic 800m champion Caster Semenya.

The NHS defines DSD as "a group of rare conditions involving genes, hormones and reproductive organs, including genitals. It means a person's sex development is different to most other people's."

This means someone may have sex chromosomes usually associated with being male (XY chromosomes), but reproductive organs and genitals that may look different from usual.

Some people with DSDs are raised as a girl but have XY sex chromosomes, testosterone levels in the male range and the ability to use testosterone circulating within their bodies.

It is possible therefore that someone could be raised as a female but develop the advantages that going through male puberty gives an athlete.

26 Nov 2023
i hear what you are saying, just a couple of points here to clarify from my side and perhaps to help with the discussion going forward.

I don't think @Would_you_kindly has ever stated that he was Trans, not that it should make any difference.

Also, I don't think the boxer in question is Trans, but rather has another extremely rare condition that, in many ways, I guess is similar to a trans person.

At first I thought it was something to do with the person being intersex, which is a another extremely rare condition.

I found this article on sky sports which I found rather interesting.

Looking at your edit, yep, that's perfect; you should have said it like that first SLAP.

Cheers for that.

hugs, peace

It's a nuanced discussion and something that has happened before with another athlete. To see memes and just general dismissal of Imane's gender being called a biological male, is frustrating to see. Even more so being told you're brainwashed for not believing she's a biological male.

Reactions: Sircaw and Ico

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024

i agree man, and its actually a very interesting topic to discuss, for example, michael phelps body somehow produces half the lactic acid compared to other swimmers, which give him an superhuman but also natural advantage since he was born this way, there was also a famous basketball player called manute bol which was almost 2x taller than some players, and its all fine, quite interesting to see someone blessed with the traits to excel at a sport category
washington post talking about michael phelps: https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...d08c8c-6c2b-11e9-be3a-33217240a539_story.html

manute bol:
manute-bol.jpg

but we also are adults, we all know how the transphobic crows operates, we will never see an actual interesting discussion, in fact Imane Khelif never had male genitals, was born as a girl, how is she different from michael phelps? she just has a condition that happens to give her advantages in boxing. Heck, its even a crime to be trans in Argelia, imagine if this country would allow a trans person to represent them, but again, transphobes dont care about fake news and all if it benefits their narrative, and being reasonable doenst work, so sometimes you need to try some unconventional arguments to show how wrong they are

Reactions: Sircaw

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
  • haha
Reactions: 2spooky5me and Puff
26 Nov 2023
The Olympics has really been terrible this time around. It's done more to divide people that spur any sort of unity. We have some really great stories and competitors come out of it like Yusuf Dikeç but the fact that the organization allowed a convicted child rapist to compete. The fact that all people can talk about is Imane's gender is just indicative of how fucked the world really is

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.