OT Drama | Other Gaming Forums (GAF, ResetERA, D-Pad, Twitter, etc..)

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I wonder what is going to happen when they realize CoD and ABK won’t save Xbox or gamepass… View attachment 2839

More waiting, I see. It's always the same story with XBox - not only from super fans, but the company itself. The people who play COD have no reason to switch to a sub service to play a game that is available on other platforms for ten years. The first person is absolutely right - they need a reset (eg. drop the failing sub service and focus on games instead) and for Sony to fuck up. Even that might not be enough, though, considering how much market share they've lost and keep losing.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
More waiting, I see. It's always the same story with XBox - not only from super fans, but the company itself. The people who play COD have no reason to switch to a sub service to play a game that is available on other platforms for ten years. The first person is absolutely right - they need a reset (eg. drop the failing sub service and focus on games instead) and for Sony to fuck up. Even that might not be enough, though, considering how much market share they've lost and keep losing.
The war is over for Xbox. It’s established a reputation as a losing brand for too long to turn around at this point.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Boswollocks wasn't banned. He asked to have his account deleted.
He's one of several good posters who have been driven away from that forum by the moderation team (Mirabillis in particular, since he's the one who does most of the moderation).

The mods suspected that he had posted a screenshot from their super secret members only section (which is against their rules), and so the team confronted him about it. They didn't ban him straight up. I don't know the specifics of that conversation in particular, but there's a common pattern with several of their members who end up leaving and asking for an account deletion:

- Infraction of some sort or a post is reported to the mod team.
- Mod team initiates a group PM chat, that includes all the mods and the member in question, inadvertently creating a "us vs you" type environment.
- Something happens within said chat that causes escalation rather than resolution
- Member leaves or requests to have account deleted

But rather than just delete your account, they change your name and avatar to something petty and insulting.

False. Last year when this forum first opened up they permanently banned @Explosive Zombie, @Nym and myself at the same time within hours of us starting to post right here in this very thread. Nym and I in particular hadn't posted on dpad for months at the time so the ban was obviously and specifically because we posted in here.

NeoGAF might be like a huge country vs IconEra feeling like a village. But would rather have a lovely village vs chaotic country.

GrayWolf323

6 Sep 2023
Gobju & Ginzeen have both been awful for a long long time, frankly I don’t know why it took them so long to catch permas & not surprised it was actually the same person behind both accounts

the fact that obvious PR accounts are tolerated for so long on GAF is astounding to me, Adam’s is at least tolerable about anything that isn’t related to PlayStation/Xbox but wtf is Riky still on the site?

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Gobju & Ginzeen have both been awful for a long long time, frankly I don’t know why it took them so long to catch permas & not surprised it was actually the same person behind both accounts

the fact that obvious PR accounts are tolerated for so long on GAF is astounding to me, Adam’s is at least tolerable about anything that isn’t related to PlayStation/Xbox but wtf is Riky still on the site?
I remember Tyler the Sex Pest bragging about how easily they can catch alts back in 2019. I had doubts at the time, but seeing how many alts they’ve banned lately that have account creation dates from years ago really makes it look like utter bullshit.

GrayWolf323

6 Sep 2023
I remember Tyler the Sex Pest bragging about how easily they can catch alts back in 2019. I had doubts at the time, but seeing how many alts they’ve banned lately that have account creation dates from years ago really makes it look like utter bullshit.
honestly the really amazing part is the more sensible ones seem to either go one of two ways, they slowly realize how toxic Xbox has fostered their fandom into being and leave it or they become more and more crazy

like you’ve got Dench who used to be more sensible but now he’s claiming Starfield did help drive Xbox hardware sales so he’s clearly left reality sadly & is turning into an ‘evangelist’

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
honestly the really amazing part is the more sensible ones seem to either go one of two ways, they slowly realize how toxic Xbox has fostered their fandom into being and leave it or they become more and more crazy

like you’ve got Dench who used to be more sensible but now he’s claiming Starfield did help drive Xbox hardware sales so he’s clearly left reality sadly & is turning into an ‘evangelist’
Dench was honestly always that bad, he just wasn’t always as vocal about it. This generation broke him.

Hell, he was denying the Bone was weaker than the PS4 even after the Bone S came out and MS admitted that they needed a stronger system.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
NeoGAF might be like a huge country vs IconEra feeling like a village. But would rather have a lovely village vs chaotic country.
We are growing very nicely, and have a large core of regular posters that add good content, of course, there are the usual delinquents that come with any new place, people like @Heisenberg007 @rofif and @Papacheeks for instance.

Besides that, the village is growing rather nicely.

wood-trunks-burned-forest-fire-forest-fires-burn-all-natural-concept_124507-13948.jpg

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
We are growing very nicely, and have a large core of regular posters that add good content, of course, there are the usual delinquents that come with any new place, people like @Heisenberg007 @rofif and @Papacheeks for instance.

wood-trunks-burned-forest-fire-forest-fires-burn-all-natural-concept_124507-13948.jpg

True, we have a really healthy viewership and our member logins are growing, usually hitting 30-35 at peak times.

Of course it seems quaint compared to the hundreds Gaf gets but we are only a year old.

Gaf also seems quaint compared to Reset I wouldn't want to be Reset either.

Reactions: Sircaw

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
True, we have a really healthy viewership and our member logins are growing, usually hitting 30-35 at peak times.

Of course it seems quaint compared to the hundreds Gaf gets but we are only a year old.

Gaf also seems quaint compared to Reset I wouldn't want to be Reset either.
WE ARE THE KINGS OF ENGAGEMENT!!!

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Are you playing Spider man 2, if so how are you enjoying it?
not yet.
I've still got remaster and MM to play.... instead I just replayed Dark Souls 3.
Alan Wake is in 2 days so I am not starting a new game now :p

Reactions: Sircaw

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

How can you say that, considering the Avatar I have? I literally have that profile photo for manipulating people into loving me. 😞