OT Drama | Other Gaming Forums (GAF, ResetERA, D-Pad, Twitter, etc..)

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
True. But it can be discussed in a mature way. I created an example in my initial post.

Do I have something against GAF? Yes I do. I don't like how they treated me because they didn't like my aggression towards Sony gamers. It was never personal attacks but how I disagreed with some of the claims those guys made. My comments just upset them to the point where it became a big deal. The the mods there actually disliked me since the first ban. I would have respected them more if they would have just perm banned me from the site knowing I worked in the industry. I also hated how they allowed people to talk down to DF's Alex and John. It really got under my skin. Lastly, ridiculing me by changing my tag name was completely immature and showed how little respect they had for me and my contribution to the gaming community.

GAF is a weird place. Trying to analyze why they do what can drive you nuts. There's a level of impersonal to their moderation that makes it such a guessing game, it's why you will see just as many people think the mods are pro-SONY as pro-Microsoft, because they seemingly mistreat people from both camps but not in a way that's ever convinced people on either side they're doing things in a fair and balanced way. I won't even get into politics GAF lol, that's such a can of worms but sticking to gaming section it's entirely unclear to me what they want or expect from people. Best I can surmise is if you become a big popular/infamous poster, you get a target on your back, which is weird considering the big posters draw traffic.

Reactions: Deleted member 13
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

GAF is a weird place. Trying to analyze why they do what can drive you nuts. There's a level of impersonal to their moderation that makes it such a guessing game, it's why you will see just as many people think the mods are pro-SONY as pro-Microsoft, because they seemingly mistreat people from both camps but not in a way that's ever convinced people on either side they're doing things in a fair and balanced way. I won't even get into politics GAF lol, that's such a can of worms but sticking to gaming section it's entirely unclear to me what they want or expect from people. Best I can surmise is if you become a big popular/infamous poster, you get a target on your back, which is weird considering the big posters draw traffic.
Yup. 100% agree. When people think they are an Xbox site or a PS site - they are wrong. The mods develop a grudge towards famous posters and they just try to get rid of them no matter what camp they belong.

1 Jul 2022
True. But it can be discussed in a mature way. I created an example in my initial post.

Do I have something against GAF? Yes I do. I don't like how they treated me because they didn't like my aggression towards Sony gamers. It was never personal attacks but how I disagreed with some of the claims those guys made. My comments just upset them to the point where it became a big deal. The the mods there actually disliked me since the first ban. I would have respected them more if they would have just perm banned me from the site knowing I worked in the industry. I also hated how they allowed people to talk down to DF's Alex and John. It really got under my skin. Lastly, ridiculing me by changing my tag name was completely immature and showed how little respect they had for me and my contribution to the gaming community.

You got permd on GAF, now you're trying to say that you hate them and they hate you. Except for the fact that you quietly came begging back to gaf for the perm ban to be lifted back in January. Which they did.

Your a much better poster here that you were on GAF or Resetera so that's an improvement.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

You got permd on GAF, now you're trying to say that you hate them and they hate you. Except for the fact that you quietly came begging back to gaf for the perm ban to be lifted back in January. Which they did.
I was never perm banned from GAF until recently. I don't know where you get that info from. I don't hate GAF. I said I have something against the staff since they treated me like a stepchild instead of just perm banning me.

Your a much better poster here that you were on GAF or Resetera so that's an improvement.
I'm the same person. My opinions haven't changed and I voice them just the same as I always did. I just don't have people calling me names out of anger because they can't come up with a good counterpoint to my claims.

• fire
Reactions: Sircaw

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
These are the weirdest damn posts. Some of this isn't even drama and when it is drama it's OLD drama. What is a non-political forum meant to do with all the politics stuff you decided to screen cap?

Reactions: Falcs and Bryank75
4 Sep 2022
The Dragonslayer
2.png

4.png

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

I want to remind people to read the rules of this thread in my first post and act accordingly. Stay away from personal attacks no matter WHO it is or what you feel about them.

Reactions: Falcs

Falcs

23 Jun 2022
I want to remind people to read the rules of this thread in my first post and act accordingly. Stay away from personal attacks no matter WHO it is or what you feel about them.
Just want to point out that, as you can kind of see already happening, I expect some people from dpad will come in here to try bait and stir up crap on this forum, like little children wanting to crash the fun birthday party that they weren't invited to, just for the sole purpose of getting this thread locked.

Personally I'm not interested in a back and forth with Stouffers Swanson, or whoever this Time guy is, who's obviously just signed up to post in here. I've said all I need to about dpad and my experience with them. Anything they want to come here and add I will let speak for itself.

Swanson

24 Jun 2022
Just want to point out that, as you can kind of see already happening, I expect some people from dpad will come in here to try bait and stir up crap on this forum, like little children wanting to crash the fun birthday party that they weren't invited to, just for the sole purpose of getting this thread locked.

Personally I'm not interested in a back and forth with Stouffers Swanson, or whoever this Time guy is, who's obviously just signed up to post in here. I've said all I need to about dpad and my experience with them. Anything they want to come here and add I will let speak for itself.
You and EZ literally shot the first arrows.

• noneofmybizz

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
You and EZ literally shot the first arrows.
Positive energy @Swanson, divert all that negative energy into something like this, let bygones be bygones. 😍

• thisistheway